Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2018, 10:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open

The 2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania will be held from November 16-18 in Goa and registrations for the event are now open. Those interested can sign up on this website.

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open-image-1.jpg

Entry fees vary depending on the month during which registrations are submitted.
September 1-30, 2018 - Rs. 2,000
October 1-31, 2018 - Rs. 2,500
November 1-11, 2018 - Rs. 3,000

The last date for registrations is November 11, 2018.

The Royal Enfield Rider Mania is held every year and is attended by motorcycling enthusiasts from all over India and abroad. During the event last year, riders took part in off-road training sessions and 'maze chase' - designed to test maneuverability skills. Activities such as Assembly Wars and Carry your Bike were also held during this time. Riders also witnessed competitive events like dirt track racing.

In 2017, Royal Enfield had unveiled the Continental GT 650 and Interceptor INT 650 at Rider Mania. The 650cc twins are expected to be launched in India sometime in the near future.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 10:42   #2
BHPian

Re: 2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open

So I hear rumors that they will be selling a really expensive special edition limited run ticket, painted with a special rare color for twice the price. You have to book it on a website or something. If you get this special ticket, it means you respect and honor the troops or something. It's like, patriotism and stuff.

But don't worry if you're not able to make the cut!

You can always just wait a short while and later buy the normal ticket that will be open to everyone at regular price.

And the surprise is, the normal ticket will also have a special rare color but with a fancy hologram sticker too, so it will be slightly better than the special one! And it's not a limited run so anyone and everyone can have the ticket!

Royal Enfield is an amazing company
marcussantiago is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 17:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussantiago View Post
So I hear rumors that they will be selling a really expensive special edition limited run ticket, painted with a special rare color for twice the price. You have to book it on a website or something. If you get this special ticket, it means you respect and honor the troops or something. It's like, patriotism and stuff.

But don't worry if you're not able to make the cut!

You can always just wait a short while and later buy the normal ticket that will be open to everyone at regular price.

And the surprise is, the normal ticket will also have a special rare color but with a fancy hologram sticker too, so it will be slightly better than the special one! And it's not a limited run so anyone and everyone can have the ticket!

Royal Enfield is an amazing company

Hahaha. Good one. RE really missed a trick with Pegasus vs Signals. Anyway, are there folks on the forum who have previously attended the Rider Mania? Is it really worth the time and money?
AbhiIyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 17:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
Is it really worth the time and money?
I had the same question on my mind. Is it an event worth attending or just a mela full of hipsters and posers?
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 17:54   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Probably Cops from bangalore can setup a stall and sell the anti theft app, and while they are at it maybe call it a limited edition app, where the icon of the app will be different sold in this even, compared to if bought directly from somewhere else.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ft-device.html (Cops in Bangalore warn Enfield owners of theft risk & try to sell them an anti-theft device)

Last edited by AtheK : 6th September 2018 at 17:55.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 19:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Honestly no. Rider Manias, IBWs and all such biking brotherhood festivals are only noise and chaos. Helmet-less idiots ripping their machines all around. Then there is some my bike loudest crap, where dudes will rev like there is no tomorrow. On a positive note though, there is some good music and display of modded bikes and accessories stalls all around. Might get lucky to get goodies at discounted rates.
Old 6th September 2018, 20:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you want to go to a real motorcycle event, visit the original Rider Mania - run by the Brotherhood of Bulleteers Motorcycling Consortium (BOBMC). This was the Rider Mania started by regular guys who rode Royal Enfield motorcycles - until Royal Enfield took over the name too!
naveenroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 06:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Honestly no. Rider Manias, IBWs and all such biking brotherhood festivals are only noise and chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
If you want to go to a real motorcycle event, visit the original Rider Mania - run by the Brotherhood of Bulleteers Motorcycling Consortium (BOBMC). This was the Rider Mania started by regular guys who rode Royal Enfield motorcycles - until Royal Enfield took over the name too!
Thanks guys. I'm in the market looking to buy the REH and one of the RE dealers in fact offered me an entry to one of the riding events that apparently happens "all the time". Since I don't own a bike currently, he even offered one of the TD bikes that I could take! I'll see if the event he was referring to is one of the above.

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2018 at 07:08. Reason: compacted post
AbhiIyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 09:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Entry fees vary depending on the month during which registrations are submitted.
Entry fees were Rs. 1,500 before 31st August.

Quote:
The Royal Enfield Rider Mania is held every year
Does anyone know IBW dates, both events generally share same venue.

Quote:
The 650cc twins are expected to be launched in India sometime in the near future.
Hope RE launches these bikes at the event, good marketing opportunity in front of so many fans.

Quote:
It all depends on how one sees it. For a third person, any mass event would appear ridiculous/crazy/nonsense. At any such event, there would be good bunch of interesting folks & tales to be heard. One has to filter out what is not needed. Best experience would be as a participant in some of fun events rather than just be a spectator. Some events highlighted in first post.

Quote:
During the event last year, riders took part in off-road training sessions and 'maze chase' - designed to test maneuverability skills. Activities such as Assembly Wars and Carry your Bike were also held during this time. Riders also witnessed competitive events like dirt track racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Honestly no. Rider Manias, IBWs and all such biking brotherhood festivals are only noise and chaos.
Agree 100%. There are always attention grabbers, but then there is 'Tushar Burman advice' for them.
Quote:
On a positive note though, there is some good music and display of modded bikes and accessories stalls all around.
Plus RE also has service center at the venue for any immediate repairs.
Quote:
Might get lucky to get goodies at discounted rates.
Most stalls would have some deal/discount.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 13:37   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Glass is half full or half empty, guys .

From the pictures I've seen on the forum, the Rider Mania is an event I'd definitely go to if I had a Royal Enfield. Likewise with the India Bike Week. Some enthusiasts & purists might hate these events, but I think they're a lot of fun. There are a lot of offroaders who don't think too much of Mahindra's Great Escapes either; yet, whenever I've gone for one, I've had a blast. How frequently do such events happen anyway? Ignore the negatives, focus on the positives and have a gala time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
If you want to go to a real motorcycle event, visit the original Rider Mania - run by the Brotherhood of Bulleteers Motorcycling Consortium (BOBMC).
Or one can go to both. Why should it be either / or?
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 00:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Does anyone know IBW dates, both events generally share same venue.
http://indiabikeweek.in/

30 Nov - 1 Dec 2018
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 01:14   #12
BHPian

Any BHPians registered for the event? I will be riding from Coimbatore. Starting on 14th of Nov. Hoping to see fellow BHPians at the event.
Old 9th October 2018, 16:24   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoSierra View Post
Any BHPians registered for the event? I will be riding from Coimbatore. Starting on 14th of Nov. Hoping to see fellow BHPians at the event.
I would be riding from Bangalore on my RE, Electra 350 with few of my friends who are not Team-Bhp members. Planning to start from Bangalore on 15th November, 8.00 pm. and reach Goa by around 10.a.m. on 16th. The distance would be around 600kms. Would be returning from Goa on 18th Afternoon.
amitpatnaik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 15:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Some photos of modified motorcycles displayed at Rider Mania 2018.

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open-img20181116wa0050.jpg

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open-img20181116wa0056.jpg

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open-img20181116wa0057.jpg

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open-img20181116wa0058.jpg

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open-img20181116wa0059.jpg

2018 Royal Enfield Rider Mania registrations open-img20181116wa0060.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks