Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2018, 23:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
....which makes the mileage figure a rather astonishing 52 kmpl.
Amazing and congrats! While I have not done a detailed analysis, I think I am getting about 35 kmpl from my Burgman. Presume it is my riding style which is to blame.
manij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 23:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post
Amazing and congrats! While I have not done a detailed analysis, I think I am getting about 35 kmpl from my Burgman. Presume it is my riding style which is to blame.
Hi Manij,

Thanks for sharing this. You are right, I guess with a very controlled hand this mileage is possible. Like i mentioned it’s been ridden primarily under 60 kmph and we don’t really have heavy traffic in our city. Still I would be taking more readings on the mileage in the future.
Old 24th September 2018, 21:51   #18
BHPian

Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan! - Mileage Test

I recently did a second mileage test of the scooter by using the tank full to tank full method.

Previously we had the tank filled at 180 kms. This time we did the same thing at 357 kms. The scooter took 3.4 Litres of fuel and this brings the mileage figure to 52 KMPL once again.

I would again like to point out that all the riding has been done within the city and first service is still remaining. My wife has been doing all the riding and she is no slouch when it comes to this scooter As such I am really happy and still surprised by this figure since all the Youtube videos I have seen so far claim to be getting between 45-48 KMPL. Makes me wonder what we are doing right.

Will update once the first service is done. Till then please feel free to ask anything you guys can think of regarding the scooter.
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 09:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi, That's a good review! Hows your scooter doing? It's only manufactured against orders now. Not clicked, looks like. So showroom isn't assuring us on any delivery time. We wanted 12 inch rear wheels and they're non-committal on this.

Overall showroom experience was pathetic in Bangalore. Actually, all two-wheeler showroom guys have no mojo at all, I felt. Really in a quandary now, as a two-wheeler is a 'must' in the City right now!
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 11:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi, That's a good review! Hows your scooter doing? It's only manufactured against orders now. Not clicked, looks like. So showroom isn't assuring us on any delivery time. We wanted 12 inch rear wheels and they're non-committal on this.

Overall showroom experience was pathetic in Bangalore. Actually, all two-wheeler showroom guys have no mojo at all, I felt. Really in a quandary now, as a two-wheeler is a 'must' in the City right now!
Hi Sebring,

Apologies I did not see this post for over a week. This is news to me, I knew the sales were low since I myself have come across only 2 other Burgmans in the past 2 months since I bought mine. Did not know that they are so abysmal that they are now made to order.

I think Suzuki should have promoted it better. Its been trouble free so far and is consistently returning 50-52 KMPL on every re fuel, so we are very happy with the efficiency and the punchiness of the engine. My wife who is the primary operator is quizzed to no end by her office colleagues and people at her gym. Most are in awe of the look and love the lights.

Sometimes I wonder if I have a talent for choosing marketing duds! I bought the CBZ (original Super Sprint) and it got discontinued after 6 months. I bought the NS in 2013 which was also discontinued after an year and then re launched. I bought the For Figo Petrol in 2016 and well, yeah! I bought the Dominar in Feb 2017 and its sales are declining and now the Burgman! Man can i pick em!

Still one thing is that all of these never gave me any trouble (touch wood)!

Coming back to the topic, what are the alternatives you have considered?
Vikram8891 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 06:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey, thanks for your reply. My heart is set on Burgman since it's really comfortable for me and the cruiser stance is unique but head says I'll be stuck, if I want to sell. We are looking at a quick run about, and looked at the Activa 5G. The suspension was giving me some back pain.

Then I checked out the Jupiter Grande by TVS, which ticks all the boxes except colour. People in my circle have mostly bought the NTORQ, but I want slightly better mileage so right now I'm going to wait and watch till Dec 31st, and have a scooter home by Jan 7th. 2019 model.

Having experienced the Burgman, the other scooters seem wanting in some department or the other.

Quote:
I think Suzuki should have promoted it better.
Old 20th November 2018, 11:48   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

My Take:

The NTORQ is seen on the road a lot more than the Burgman.

But frankly if you are medium or larger built or intend to frequently travel 2 up then the Burgman makes so much sense. Support wise even if they discontinue the Burgman the engine components and instrumentation is shared across Suzuki family so that should not be an issue. Plus they will support in spares for 10 years in any case.

If thinking resale so soon, then maybe, don't buy it.

Frankly the Burgman ticks all boxes but the rear wheel, and it won't get upsized.

The Burgman looks a million bucks for sure .. maybe not in our currency though.

By the time people think of resale, it will likely be a real start to the electric generation and resale values may anyways be poor for all petrol driven gearless 2 wheelers.

On Dussehra day there were about 3 Burgman ready for delivery for about 30 Access. But in the showroom the Burgman takes up 25% of the space in display, so the passive push is there.

Last edited by ACM : 20th November 2018 at 11:50.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 15:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Having experienced the Burgman, the other scooters seem wanting in some department or the other.
This is what did it for me as well. That too in 1 test ride. I still get tempted to ride it over my Dominar sometimes just for that stretched leg comfort!

Like I said, we have had loads of interest from people who wish to buy it but most of the times you can see their curiosity decrease when you tell them the price.

Recently a close friend's elder brother bought the Activa 5 G and just for the sake of comparison me and my wife rode it for a couple of kms back to back with the Burgman and we realised that the Activa felt quicker off the line but was feeling very cramped (side effect of the Burgman). The issue was in the suspension. It just felt too stiff beside the Burgman which is only 2 months old. Oh and it still cannot fit a full face helmet.

Another negative to the lack in sales is that many times when we park it and leave there is someone sitting or checking out the scooter. It already has had 3 major scratches on it. I understand the curiosity but I wish people were more considerate.
Old 20th November 2018, 16:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

TeamBhp'ians do a better job of selling a product than the Company itself. Yes, youre right on all counts. Let me do one more round of test drives before I decide. It's a Jan purchase anyways. It looks good from the front angle

Quote:
Rode the Burgman and we realised that the Activa felt quicker off the line but was feeling very cramped (side effect of the Burgman)
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!-image1.jpg  

Old 24th November 2018, 12:37   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

https://gaadiwaadi-com.cdn.ampprojec...018-sales/amp/

"Suzuki sold 10,894 units of Burgman Street compared to 10,779 units of Honda Grazia"

10k units seems decent.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 12:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
https://gaadiwaadi-com.cdn.ampprojec...018-sales/amp/

"Suzuki sold 10,894 units of Burgman Street compared to 10,779 units of Honda Grazia"

10k units seems decent.
Grazia seems to be failing. NTorq and Burgman both are climbing gradually - Burgman especially seems to have hit Grazia sales.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4500200 (October 2018: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis)

Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!-premium_scooters.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th November 2018 at 12:43.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 16:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

That's good news. Today I took a test drive at Meghdhoot and am very sure that this is the scooter for me. NTORQ is good but my neighbour gets 25KMPL. Anyways, I still have one month to decide. The suspension is best in class and very important for my poor back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Grazia seems to be failing. NTorq and Burgman both are climbing gradually - Burgman especially seems to have hit Grazia sales.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4500200 (October 2018: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis)

Old 24th November 2018, 17:22   #28
BHPian

I generally refrain from commenting but here is my take. I picked up the Burgman for myself on the 20th September, 2018 from Guwahati (my city does not have a dealership as yet). This after having bought the Vespa VXL 150 for my wife a month before I took delivery and also the Versys 650 for myself on the 16th August, 2018. I picked up the Burgman as commuting in the city in peak traffic was becoming a pain on the Dominar and the Versys. Before I picked up the Burgman, I rode my wife's Vespa extensively in the city to realise that given the current traffic in Shillong, I cannot do without a scooter of my own. Before I jumped on the Burgman bandwagon, I was confused between this and the NTorq but one ride on the Burgman settled all my nerves. I am 5'11" and the ride quality of the Burgman is very comfortable for me. I found its suspension much relaxed and the smaller rear tyre did not cause any issues for me. Also, as of today, we're blessed with good roads and I am hoping that this will remain the same. Another reason for me to get the Burgman was its seat. I can easily ride with my daughter, son and wife when I need to and this is where the NTorq or even the Vespa fails miserably.

Some people say that the NTorq has better pickup and higher top speed but this does not matter to me as I don't plan to give competition to kids who ride to race.

The only gripe I have with the Burgman at the moment is that some brilliant engineer at Suzuki decided to install solid bars, 6" in length, inside the handlebars of the Burgman and due to this, I am not able to install the Eclipse Bar End Lights which I am desperate for. However, I have ordered some long HSS bits to take care of it.

Also, I don't know if the current owners of this beautiful machine have noticed, but Suzuki claims in their User's Manual that this scooter comes with "LED Indicators" whereas it actually comes with Halogen Bulbs. Also, if someone knows where the Flasher Relay is located, please share.

All in all, I am very happy with the Burgman and it does not matter to me as long as Suzuki will service this for the next 5 years or so.
SumitB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 23:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Some people say that the NTorq has better pickup and higher top speed but this does not matter to me as I don't plan to give competition to kids who ride to race.
How was the braking when compared to NTorq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
However, I have ordered some long HSS bits to take care of it.
Do share pics when you have the additional lights set up.

Are these being added for aesthetics or additional visibility or any other use case? I have heard that the OE lights are quite capable.
Old 25th November 2018, 09:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
How was the braking when compared to NTorq?
I have not had the opportunity to panic brake while test riding the NTorq. However, I have had situations when I needed to brake hard on the Burgman and it stopped, every single time, without issues or scares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
Are these being added for aesthetics or additional visibility or any other use case? I have heard that the OE lights are quite capable.
I am trying to install the Eclipse Bar End Lights manufactured by Melwin Parmar of Bombay. Do check them out on YouTube. These are primarily for aesthetics but also they are also functional as they add the turn indicators and a DRL to the end of the handlebars. I have it on the Vespa and they really look good.
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks