Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 10:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!

Hi Vikram, thanks for your detailed review of the Burgman.

I've been considering a Dominar for my daily commute, which I currently do by car. Mumbai is all dug up these days, and my average speed is 18-20 kmph!

Happened to see a Burgman recently, and very interested in this as an option. Is this a fast (50-70 kph) type of scooter? My route is 32 kms each way with a mix of fast 8 lane highway and choked up toll points, flyovers and narrow roads. I could see the Dominar being very quick on this route, but scooters are just so much more commuter friendly (comfy seating, automatic, cubbyholes & storage). None of the existing scoots suited me, till I saw this one.

Since you have both a Dominar and a Burgman in the stable, your perspective would be of great help in my decision.
VivOverland is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 09:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivOverland View Post
Hi Vikram, thanks for your detailed review of the Burgman.

Is this a fast (50-70 kph) type of scooter? My route is 32 kms each way with a mix of fast 8 lane highway and choked up toll points, flyovers and narrow roads. I could see the Dominar being very quick on this route, but scooters are just so much more commuter friendly (comfy seating, automatic, cubbyholes & storage). None of the existing scoots suited me, till I saw this one.

Since you have both a Dominar and a Burgman in the stable, your perspective would be of great help in my decision.
Hi Viv,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy with some personal commitments and logged in just now to see this query.

The Burgman is quick up to about 70 kmph which is all I have dared to take it to in city traffic. I just dont feel confident in taking a scooter that quick or above that speed. Call it my lack of experience in riding them!

The Dominar as is obvious is quicker but isnt as comfortable as the Burgman. There I said it. The Burgman also deflects wind better. However, I would still not trade the Dominar over it because of the balance, the outright acceleration and the fact that it isnt as wide as the Burgman. As such it will cut through traffic better. The Burgman is loads of storage. The cubby holes up front and the decent under seat storage are perfect. In the Dominar I always carry a laptop bag around if I have to get groceries which is never the case with the Burgman. In fact I bought a bunch of stuff and put the polythene bag in the front apron hook of the Burgman and still had enough room to keep my legs comfortably and I am 6 ft tall!

Honestly the Burgman is more practical and comfortable for your commute but the Dominar is more fun! Lets not discount the fact that ABS is any day safer than CBS.

Last edited by Vikram8891 : 17th January 2019 at 09:35.
Vikram8891 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 19:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Honestly the Burgman is more practical and comfortable for your commute but the Dominar is more fun! Lets not discount the fact that ABS is any day safer than CBS.
Thank you for taking the time to share your admirable response. The last 2 lines summed it up for me perfectly, fun and safety in 1 package, is like both having and eating that mythical cake too!
Old 30th July 2019, 13:00   #34
BHPian

Thank you for the review Vikram sir. It has been very helpful for me in deciding which scooter to buy. I have not bothered to even look at the brochure of the vehicle, your review was more than enough!

I am sitting in the Suzuki showroom right now and buying the Burgman

Guess the next ownership review of the burgman will be from me!
Old 23rd August 2019, 11:11   #35
BHPian

After much deliberation and soul searching booked Matte Black Burgman 2 days back! Getting delivery today. I think this will be a good upgrade from my 4 year old scooty zest ( which was a real pocket rocket!). Will update the experience soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!-burgman.jpg  

IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 14:00   #36
BHPian

Ive just created a review video on my you tube channel!

just check it out if anyone want to know more
Old 9th January 2020, 10:04   #37
BHPian

There is talk about a Burgman 150 being introduced at Auto Expo 2020. Please Suzuki, let it be with a decent 150cc that is capable of sustaining 80-90 mph speeds and a proper 14 inch wheel on both ends
Old 9th January 2020, 13:24   #38
BHPian

80-90mph!!? Is that a typo or you having a laugh. Most 150cc bikes don't manage those speeds.

About the wheels , I own a burgman 125 and it's a reasonably tall scooter already with its 10in wheel. A 14in wheel cannot be fitted without changes to the suspension and chassis I guess, which I doubt Suzuki would. But I feel alright wrt wheel size. Only downside is stability due to the thin tyres but that adds to the very flickable nature of the burgman. I tried the ntorq and aprillia , both were slow to steer but felt more stable and planted. I guess it's a trade off and which style of riding you prefer ultimately.
Old 10th January 2023, 23:45   #39
BANNED

Greetings dear Bhpians.
Could someone please shed light on the comfort part? Is the scooter comfortable? I am suffering from slip disc, need a scooter for emergency situations, I have not yet learned to drive a car properly, thus comfort is main priority. I am confused between Jupiter 125 and Burgman. Could someone help me on this.
Old 11th January 2023, 00:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Could someone please shed light on the comfort part? Is the scooter comfortable? I am suffering from slip disc, need a scooter for emergency situations, I have not yet learned to drive a car properly, thus comfort is main priority. I am confused between Jupiter 125 and Burgman. Could someone help me on this.
Piyush, slip disc and a scooter just don’t go together my friend. You will be very easily aggravating your slip disc. If it’s only for emergency situations please consider using a taxi, there are plenty available at any time.

However, to answer your question, I cannot say about the Jupiter 125 because I haven’t ridden it, but the Jupiter 110 is one of the most comfortable scooters out there because of it’s gas charged rear suspension and 12” wheels at both ends. The Burgman has launched a new model which has 12” wheels at both ends but I have no idea about it.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 11th January 2023 at 00:03.
Old 16th January 2023, 07:29   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Piyush, slip disc and a scooter just don’t go together my friend. You will be very easily aggravating your slip disc. If it’s only for emergency situations please consider using a taxi, there are plenty available at any time.
Cheers
I do understand this, I avoid travelling on 2 Wheeler, but i cannot take my car put for local runs since the roads are narrow and shops are nearby. For emergency I will use car since I will get my DL by October this year.

September of last year, my Dad was admitted in the hospital due to kidney stones, it was around 1:00 AM when I got the news, but i couldn't go because of my slip disc problem and there were no cabs around.
Old 5th July 2023, 20:12   #42
BHPian

Since this is the top thread on burgman on this forum, I'll share a particular bad experience I have with this scooter regarding connected features.

I bought the ride connect edition (in Jun'22) specifically for easier navigation in Bangalore without needing to keep the phone on a holder or having my wife navigate from behind (which leads to a lot of heated discussions ). I had tested the navigation feature on a very short 5-10 min test drive as well.

But after I got it, it turned out to be completely useless most of the time. Below are the issues I faced:

1. Phone used to frequently disconnect from the scooter. This was fixed after a lot of discussions a with service center/Suzuki customer care through some reinstalls and setting changes on the app.

2. The underlying map and navigation is of MapMyIndia and it is just very poor in terms of search and navigation compared to Google maps. Most of the times it redirects through a very very longer route which nobody would take. Decently popular but newer places are not there on the map at all available to search or navigate to. Changing the route you take will screw up everything as rerouting is completely broken.

Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!-screenshot_2023010108593429_050e4603bbc27f343414614813f66efe.jpg

Suzuki navigation showing longer route

Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!-screenshot_2023010109001803_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Google showing correct shortest route

3. The ride connect app is just horrible and very laggy. It does not even allow you to zoom out and see the whole route since some time now. (The above screenshots are older)
Burgman_tales is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 19:44   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
I decided to increase my budget and get the Burgman.
Congratulations Vikram

Indeed the Suzuki Burgman is a great scooter and I purchased a Gloss Black BS 4 Variant. This particular scooter is definitely for comfort and it’s peppy too. The reason I purchased the Burgman is for daily commuting in the city.

Recently I changed the tyres of my Burgman Street as after 10k Kilometers the ride wasn’t that comfortable and I wasn’t feeling confident on MRF Zapper so I changed to Michelin Pilot Street 2 for both front and back.

The fuel economy, I’m getting about 50kmpl and I’m happy with that.

Regarding the number plate fitting I did not want holes on the front fiber body so, I bought a bracket and fitted the plates on the front visor (posted the pictures)

I do have few questions to ask as this is my first scooter

1. Engine Oil
The service centers here are always pushing me for Motul 300v. Does this scooter really require this type of engine oil?

2. Petrol
I always filled unleaded petrol but when I once tried power 95 or xp 95 the scooter felt more on power and smoothness and a better fuel economy of 55kmpl. Should i continue with xp95 or power95 fuel?

3. The New Burgman Ex is coming with a rear 12 inch wheel and is it possible to upgrade the 10 inch wheel to a 12 inch wheel?

Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!-img_3669.jpeg

Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!-img_3671.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th August 2023 at 20:22. Reason: Trimming quote post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 20th August 2023, 00:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman_tales View Post
I bought the ride connect edition (in Jun'22) specifically for easier navigation in Bangalore without needing to keep the phone on a holder or having my wife navigate from behind (which leads to a lot of heated discussions ). I had tested the navigation feature on a very short 5-10 min test drive as well.

But after I got it, it turned out to be completely useless most of the time. Below are the issues I faced:
I have an Avenis 125 Ride Connect that I got in August’ 22, again, specifically for this feature which worked fine on the test vehicle.

By October I had gotten the LCD unit on my Avenis changed, after showing the service center that it wouldn’t hold a connection. At first, they wanted me to reproduce the same issue in their service center, when just a week earlier I had informed them at a previous service that I am facing this issue already and recorded it on my phone’s camera as well.

Skip to now, it still doesn’t work as required and I end up taking the wrong route every now and then, esp. in a new area where I don’t frequent.

Rest all, I feel MapMyIndia’s systems are improving in general and will continue to improve with time so these routes should improve as well. I regularly use the MAPPLS app while in my car as it also gives speed limit, lane to be switched is visualized at lane splits, safe/unsafe/no-stop areas are marked as well as speed camera locations are also marked in it. Hopefully the connectivity issue goes away soon and we should be able to use the MAPPLS platform efficiency soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks