Team-BHP - upgraded version version of unicorn or pulsar150 dtsi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   upgraded version version of unicorn or pulsar150 dtsi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/20179-upgraded-version-version-unicorn-pulsar150-dtsi.html)

guys i am planning to buy a new 150cc bike i have zeroed in on pulsar 150cc.
but shall i wait for new honda unicorn?
can anyone please tell me when the uni will be launched? is it worth waiting for uni ?

Unicorn is a good bike and so is Pulsar, it really depends on what you are looking for. While Unicorn is a quite and smooth bike, it might for be too refined there by lacking character. As for Pulsar, the new one is quite good and is loaded with goodies. I don't think any one knows when the upgraded Unicorn would be launched, however if you can wait then it is totally up to you. I don't think you would have any thing to regret if you go with either of the bikes current models, after all a new bike is only a few months away these days. Don't forget Pulsar will be updated by year end and so will Apache ;)

thanx yogesh, you do make a point, by saing that a new a bike is a few months away these days. so its worthless waiting for an upgraded version of uni.

Sujit, I have driven both the bikes and in my opinion the Unicorn is a more refined performer. Not that the Pulsar is lagging behind but the difference lies in how their performance traits are brought out. If you are crazy after looks and want to be the one to make heads turn on the road as you pass by, then the Pulsar is the bike for you. On the other hand, if you are a mature rider and also worship the Honda brand like me for what it is today, then go for the new Unicorn which is just a few months away.

An updraded uni is a bit far off... There have been no reports yet... The upgrade, at max, will be new stickering and alloys... So, although it is a good bike, no point in waiting...

At the moment, i guess the best option is the 150 DTSi...

I would vote for 150 DTSi, then CBZ extreme (though i havent ridden it yet, Honda engine in new package should be good), then Honda unicorn (nice bike... But for the plain looks and lacks any sporty charecter) and lastly TVS apache (My friend has one... Excellent handling but engine feels agricultural)

hello sujit,
i think not much worth to wait ( if 150CC is concerned) because engine wise there will be no change just body work, fairing or alloy wheels....but if u want to purchase higher capacity bike then i will say " Wait" ....as yogesh rightly said both the bikes are very good ( it will depend upon ur taste which bike u like-----just test drive both bike and judge urself......for me thumbs up for unicorn)

guys i have just read a shocking news on another forum that the pulsar digi meter displays some erratic readings. errors occur when you splash water on the speedo meter. is this news true? how to take care of the meter in rainy season? please help.please: