Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2018, 20:20   #1
BHPian

Ninja 300: When questioned about high handling charges, Kawasaki Thane cancels booking!

Just when I thought that my 'born-again biker' dream was nearing fruition, Kawasaki Thane dealership decide to throw a spanner in the works. After being initially promised the deivery of Ninja 300 around Diwali, the dealership this week notified me that they have cancelled my booking and will be refunding the initial booking amount.

The reason? I had the audacity to write to Kawasaki India about the atrocious amounts that the dealership was charging under the garb of RTO charges. I had expected the company officials to get in touch with me to understand the issue.

On the contrary, all I receive is a WhatsApp message from the dealer informing me that since I am not in agreement with the terms, booking is cancelled. They don't even want to discuss or pacify the customer! The attitude is we are doing you a favour, take it or leave it!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th October 2018 at 23:52. Reason: Spacing.
greenoval is offline   (74) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 21:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Close Look: The 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Why don't you guys collectively tweet/Facebook post it to IKM? Where does the management stay at, if it is in your city, a visit might be helpful.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 22:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
Just when I thought that my 'born-again biker' dream was nearing fruition, Kawasaki Thane dealership decide to throw a spanner in the works. After being initially promised the deivery of Ninja 300 around Diwali, the dealership this week notified me that they have cancelled my booking and will be refunding the initial booking amount.

The reason? I had the audacity to write to Kawasaki India about the atrocious amounts that the dealership was charging under the garb of RTO charges. I had expected the company officials to get in touch with me to understand the issue.

On the contrary, all I receive is a WhatsApp message from the dealer informing me that since I am not in agreement with the terms, booking is cancelled. They don't even want to discuss or pacify the customer! The attitude is we are doing you a favour, take it or leave it!
wow, what kind of attitude is this, downright pathetic. This is nothing but mafia raj, just because customer wants something done right, they decide to snub the customer. I am sure it won't just be thane, but they probably have a whatsapp group or something, and all indian dealers will know of this snub.

Very disappointing indeed, i really suggest you pick a R3 or some another bike but not a kawasaki now. I myself was interested in picking a ninja 650, but seeing this, i would take my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th October 2018 at 23:57. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
AtheK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 22:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They don't even want to discuss or pacify the customer! The attitude is we are doing you a favour, take it or leave it!

This deserves to be a seperate thread in itself - such dealers need to be taught manners. Bringing this to the attention of moderators and requesting them to give it the visibility it deserves.

As seen in another thread on BMW Motorrad, all premium two wheeler dealers are indulging in this practise one way or the other. But that doesn't justify anything.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th October 2018 at 22:44.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 23:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
On the contrary, all I receive is a WhatsApp message from the dealer informing me that since I am not in agreement with the terms, booking is cancelled.
Damn!! Thats outright atrocious! Looks like this practice was not unearthed earlier hence they are comfortable right now to snub a few customers. Only till it blows up in their faces.
Also, please make sure you pass on this feedback as well to India Kawasaki, this time adding a few more officials if possible. Just in case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Very disappointing indeed, i really suggest you pick a R3 or some another bike but not a kawasaki now.
Something noteworthy from Yamaha. The Yamaha R3 ABS owners were invited for a feedback session today. It piqued my interest so I tagged along a friend. Was pleasantly surprised the way they took feedback in detail, heard the problems/suggestions (about dealerships), did free check-up of the machine and even escalated an issue which was neglected during the service! They promised a call back and free replacement of the neglected part if it satisfies the owner. Oh, and not to forget, goodies!

In today's world where bad news moves faster than petrol prices, I wonder where is this Kawasaki's arrogance gonna take them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

This deserves to be a seperate thread in itself - such dealers need to be taught manners. Bringing this to the attention of moderators and requesting them to give it the visibility it deserves.
Sounds about right! Moreover, can we get the existing owners pull out their receipts to see how much extra they paid trusting the dealerships? Cases like charging incorrect percentage of registration tax and other charges needs to be questioned. Going by the trend, the amount would be much larger on bigger bikes!

Last edited by quickfox11 : 6th October 2018 at 23:39.
quickfox11 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 00:04   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 booking: When questioned about high handling charges, dealership cancels book

Quote:
On the contrary, all I receive is a WhatsApp message from the dealer informing me that since I am not in agreement with the terms, booking is cancelled.
Thanks for sharing greenoval. Moving your post to a dedicated thread. Thanks for the heads-up CD!

This is an extremely callous attitude by the dealership. I can't understand how the dealership cancelled your booking when you wrote to the manufacturer directly.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 00:19   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
all premium two wheeler dealers are indulging in this practise one way or the other
It's plain misplaced arrogance. A halo brand/product, limited dealers means exclusivity, and this goes to the dealers' heads.

I don't think the parent companies will condone such behaviour, they know (or must be reminded) that their success in the marketplace depends heavily on the word of mouth and goodwill of enthusiasts willing to put down enough money to buy a car on a two-wheeler.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 00:32   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
...Something noteworthy from Yamaha. The Yamaha R3 ABS owners were invited for a feedback session today. It piqued my interest so I tagged along a friend. Was pleasantly surprised the way they took feedback in detail, heard the problems/suggestions (about dealerships), did free check-up of the machine and even escalated an issue which was neglected during the service! They promised a call back and free replacement of the neglected part if it satisfies the owner. Oh, and not to forget, goodies!..!
Could you share the details of this in a relevant thread? Would love to hear your experience.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 01:41   #9
BHPian

Re: Ninja 300: When questioned about high handling charges, Kawasaki Thane cancels booking!

The ad-hoc registration charges mentioned in the cost sheet was roughly Rs. 56875. When asked for clarification, initially the sales personnel refused. However, on persisting, finally came up with the following cost breakup over the phone -
Tax - Rs. 35073
Safety tax - around 2%
Inspection charges - Rs. 1100 (by RTO guy)
Agent charges - Rs. 10000
Depot charges - roughly Rs. 5300
Loading/Unloading charges -roughly Rs. 4000

The mail I wrote to Kawasaki mentioned all these phony cost heads as well as the fact that I am ready to pay the inflated insurance amount but not these which are illegal as per the recent court ruling. What baffles me is the complete lack of response from Kawasaki India. The instant cancellation of booking by the dealer clearly indicates that Kawasaki India has no say in these matters.
greenoval is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 02:30   #10
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ninja 300: When questioned about high handling charges, Kawasaki Thane cancels booking!

Sad to hear this about Kawasaki Thane. Was contemplating a Vulcan S visited them less then a week back. They were trying to convince my indecisive mind by offering accessories.
Of course like the thread starter I too would not have accepted any handling charges or RTO charges beyond the official tax receipt value.

This racket must be stopped.

Would request all Versys, vulcan, Ninja etc whatsapp group members who are TBHP team members to forward the link to this thread on their respective groups.

Word of mouth and existing owner feedback should be a first step.

Will request the thread starter to share the rejection screenshot from WhatsApp on this thread.
ACM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 05:51   #11
BHPian

This clearly shows how the dealership makes money (bogus charges). I'm pretty sure the same trend would follow during after sales service too.
deepfreak15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 05:53   #12
BHPian

Some questions linger my mind -
Just wondering why is media so silent on this issue. This would be known to every one.
Also in such cases of cancellation how tough is it to take such dealers to consumer court?
Adding to it, even if someone purchases the vehicle by paying these additional charges, can dealer still be taken to court for these malpractices?
Old 7th October 2018, 06:28   #13
BANNED

Disgraceful to say the least, I can understand how showrooms can be but for Kawasaki to sweep things under the rug, takes irresponsibility to a whole another level.

No wonder seasoned riders are still sticking to indigenous brands, better to be treated fair than to have an extra cylinder I guess.
ashwinprakas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 08:21   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Why don't you guys collectively tweet/Facebook post it to IKM? Where does the management stay at, if it is in your city, a visit might be helpful.
I did tweet. Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4471662 (A Close Look: The 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS)

But no response. I emailed them as well. Got a standard response back.

Doesn’t look like IKM is really bothered. There are people who are ready to pay Rs 17-20k extra without thinking.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 09:37   #15
Team-BHP Support

Leaving a related link to a similar experience with BMW Motorrad -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...otorcycle.html (The Bavaria Motors BMW Experience - Rs 15000 ransom to sell a motorcycle)

Also requesting anyone who has visited such dealerships recently to post their price qoutes - so we can see how each player hides their handling charges.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th October 2018 at 09:44.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks