Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2018, 16:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Okinawa Ridge+ with detachable lithium-ion battery launched @ Rs 64,988

Electric 2-wheeler brand Okinawa has launched its Ridge+ e-scooter featuring a detachable lithium-ion battery. It is priced at Rs. 64,988 (ex-showroom).

Okinawa Ridge+ with detachable lithium-ion battery launched @ Rs 64,988-okinawa-ridge-magna-grey.png

The Ridge+ features a V-shaped headlamp, while the turn signals are placed on the handlebar housing. It is powered by an 800 watt Brushless DC (BLDC) motor and a lithium-ion battery, which can be removed for charging and offers a claimed range of 120 km on a single charge. The scooter has a claimed top speed of 55 km/h.

Okinawa Ridge+ with detachable lithium-ion battery launched @ Rs 64,988-okinawa-ridge-mid-night-blue.png

The Ridge+ has drum brakes at both ends and it comes equipped with Electronic-Assisted Braking System (E-ABS) with regenerative braking. It also has a feature called 'Find My Scooter' that allows the rider to locate the scooter remotely.

Okinawa Ridge+ with detachable lithium-ion battery launched @ Rs 64,988-headermediawithlogored.jpg

Okinawa plans to roll out 500 units of the Ridge+ in select states during the month of October 2018. An additional 1,500 units are planned for the month of November. The scooter is available in 2 colour options - Lucent Orange / Magna Grey and Mid Night Blue.

Okinawa Ridge+ with detachable lithium-ion battery launched @ Rs 64,988-headermedia2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 10th October 2018 at 16:48.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 13:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Okinawa Ridge+ with detachable lithium-ion battery launched @ Rs 64,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Electric 2-wheeler brand Okinawa has launched its Ridge+ e-scooter featuring a detachable lithium-ion battery. It is priced at Rs. 64,988 (ex-showroom).
Thanks for sharing this Tushar. Here is a review from PowerDrift on the Okinawa Ridge+ e-scooter. Good review, however it does not specify the power or torque figures. Do you have any idea about the same?

AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 18:03   #3
BHPian

Re: Okinawa Ridge+ with detachable lithium-ion battery launched @ Rs 64,988

I test drove another E-scooter from the same manufacturer. The more powerful Okinawa Praise.

I did expect some good pickup and normal scooter like driving since the motor was rated at 1000W, but was disappointed.

The pickup with 2 passengers was very mediocre similar to a 50 cc moped. Wonder where all the torque from the electric motor went.

The speedo meter was overstating the speed. We were doing around 40 kmph but the speedo was showing around 50 to 55. I discussed this with the dealer and he says this is a known issue.

The Power mode works but it is not as exhilarating as it sounds and will deplete the battery faster.

There was also the discomfort of the floor board being high because the battery pack was placed beneath.

The switches are also of very cheap quality and don't know if they will last the life of the scooter.

I did a pre-booking and am still waiting for the Tork T6X. Sadly no update from the manufacturer yet. The last update was a tie-up with Bharat Forge Ltd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks