Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 00:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I am baffled when I see people still buying the Pulsar 220F? In almost every way, the Carburetor model of the|Apache RTR200 is better. It's newer, better looking, is better built, and costs the same.

I suppose the Pulsar still has some appeal as it most likely has the lowest maintenance and replacement parts costs in the segment. Personally, I am not a fan of the bike as I felt it has slower, heavier handling and a very rough engine compared to newer bikes.
Not sure about vibrations on RTR200. RTR180 and RTR160 had much higher levels of vibrations. In fact, I was torn between RTR180 and P220 while buying my bike 4 years back. Smoother nature of P220 helped me make the decision.

My bike post 4 years and 25K Kms has aged much better compared to RTR180 samples that I've seen in my friend circle.

Rough engine- I do not know what that means. My bike still revs to redline in every gear. My younger brother had a CB Trigger that he sold off at around 30K Kms, and the bike had aged horribly. The bike although maintained, had least tendency to rev closer to red line. That engine was supposed to be free revving and smooth. Didn't turn out so.

P.S. Not a fan boy. Given a chance I'd love to have a Yamaha (although along side my P220)
LordSharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 09:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Not sure about vibrations on RTR200. RTR180 and RTR160 had much higher levels of vibrations. In fact, I was torn between RTR180 and P220 while buying my bike 4 years back. Smoother nature of P220 helped me make the decision.

My bike post 4 years and 25K Kms has aged much better compared to RTR180 samples that I've seen in my friend circle.

Rough engine- I do not know what that means. My bike still revs to redline in every gear. My younger brother had a CB Trigger that he sold off at around 30K Kms, and the bike had aged horribly. The bike although maintained, had least tendency to rev closer to red line. That engine was supposed to be free revving and smooth. Didn't turn out so.

P.S. Not a fan boy. Given a chance I'd love to have a Yamaha (although along side my P220)
My experiences with the P220 have been a short four month stint with a borrowed bike from my BIL, and then some short drives on my cousin's Avenger 220, which has the same engine. On both occasions, I thought the engine felt rougher than the P150 UG1 that I've been using since 2004. It could have been bad maintenance on the particular bike I used, I agree. In fact, almost every 220 I've seen seems to have been abused a fair bit. I have to admit I haven't driven a new one, other than the Avenger 220 which was only a couple of months old at the time.

So, I'll happily concur with your experience with a well-maintained P220 lasting long and staying smooth, as I have the same experience with my P150.

I also agree that the RTR160 and 180 were really rough, but I reiterate that the RTR200 4V is a lot smoother, and in fact, it was lauded for its impressive refinement when launched. I tried it at the dealership while I was shopping for a scooter for my dad, and I really liked it. Except for the seat which was a bit small for my fat backside...

Hopefully, a different, bigger bore with thicker walls and upgrade to 250cc capacity would reduce the stress levels on the engine, and hopefully leave more room for even bigger bore kits.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 15:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Vibrations - Smoothness - Roughness - Reliability are jargons popular across auto forums.

They have absolutely nothing to do how well a product is loved / accepted in a market. There are many examples supporting this.
Old 10th August 2019, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
The same happened with me when I bought my 220FI in 2009. The beast had a mind of its own and synchronized it perfectly with the throttle. Every twist had it lunging forward without the harshness of other bikes I had tried before selling my heart to the 220.

Had to unfortunately sell it after one of its sensors failed and engine knocking become omnipresent. However, if Bajaj does come out with a 250 in the P220 styling (with FI, projecter LED headlamps and dual channel ABS), guess who's running towards the Bajaj showroom early morning !
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 20:58   #20
BHPian

2021 Bajaj Pulsar 220F New Model – First Look Walkaround

Quote:
Along with adding new features to the Pulsar 220F, Bajaj has also increased prices by Rs 2,003/-
A popular dual-purpose, performance oriented commuter bike, Bajaj Pulsar 220F is now available in its 2021 iteration. The updated model has started arriving at showrooms and is available for test rides.

Pulsar 220F new model comes with new features and improved engine performance. Bajaj Pulsar 220F 2021 new features One of the key updates is the repositioning of the odometer wire. As compared to the earlier model that had the odometer wire connected to the front wheel, the new model has the wire connected to the rear wheel. This is part of the digital upgrade of the motorcycle, which also includes an updated instrument console. The speedometer is placed at the left whereas the info screen is on the right. It displays a range of information such as trip meter, fuel economy per trip and distance to empty. The only things that seem to be lacking is a gear indicator and clock. These weren’t available in the earlier model either. Bajaj Pulsar 220F 2021 engine Updated Pulsar 220F will continue using the same 220 cc DTS-i BS6, oil-cooled engine that is capable of delivering 20.4 ps of max power and 18.55 Nm of max torque. It is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.

However, based on test rides by YouTuber MRD Vlogs, performance and acceleration have been improved on the new model. The engine also seems smoother, as compared to the existing model. It is possible that the engine may have been fine-tuned to deliver improved performance. The bike accelerates from 0 to 70 kmph in just around 4-5 seconds. It also achieves a top speed of 112 kmph in a seemingly effortless manner.

Bajaj Pulsar 220F 2021 design and styling:
There are no major changes in the design and styling of updated 220F. It continues with its sporty profile, as is evident in its projector headlamps, aerodynamic semi-fairing, split seats, sleek LED tail lamp, laser edged graphics, split rear grab rails, upswept silencer with deep carbon black wrapping, and colour coded alloy wheel decals. Colour options of Back Blue and Black Red are also the same as earlier. 2021 Bajaj Pulsar 220F Apart from the new features and enhanced engine performance, all other features and cycle parts are the same as earlier. The bike utilizes telescopic front suspension with anti-friction brush and 5-way adjustable Nitrox shock absorber at the rear. Braking duties are performed by 280 mm disc at the front and 230 mm disc at the rear. With the updates, Bajaj Pulsar 220F new 2021 model could become pricier by around Rs 2k. The current model is available at a starting price of Rs 1.25 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Source1:

Source2:
Attached Thumbnails
Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-10.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-11.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-12.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-13.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-14.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-15.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-16.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-17.png  

Is this the next-gen Bajaj Pulsar 220F?-20210117-18.png