Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 12:06   #1546
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Try getting it through your contacts, remember you will end up paying customs once it reaches India. Customs office are not actually dumb, they will find the details and you would need to show your bank transactions.

If you are paying the duty charges then go ahead and order else look for alternatives.

yeah, indeed. I just wanted to get a fair idea of the overall base price. But even that's tipping at 200$ close to. So I'll likely look for alternatives within.
Old 19th December 2019, 12:13   #1547
BHPian

Hi guys! I have booked a Continental GT Dr. Mayhem on the 29th of November and i still haven't got an update from the showroom about my motorcycle. They say that the billing has been done in the factory but they've no clue on when it will arrive! What is the waiting period like nowadays for these twins? The wait is killing me.
Old 19th December 2019, 18:42   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

Was there any reason regarding the delay from Royal Enfield? You should now pursue this on email and not over the phone (so you have documented proof). Dont worry, you will definitely get all your money back.
I got the money credited on 17th Dec, after pursuing with RE support. Thanks for the support guys.
666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 18:51   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
Hi guys! I have booked a Continental GT Dr. Mayhem on the 29th of November and i still haven't got an update from the showroom about my motorcycle. They say that the billing has been done in the factory but they've no clue on when it will arrive! What is the waiting period like nowadays for these twins? The wait is killing me.
Which dealer is this in Pune? Please PM.
Will share the the number of concerned person from RE sales.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:10   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Which dealer is this in Pune? Please PM.
Will share the the number of concerned person from RE sales.
Hi, it is the Brahma Motors in Wakdewadi! I actually live in Kothrud but the showroom experience at the the Kothrud showroom was mediocre so i booked at Brahma. Sorry, i can't PM you, i just joined TeamBHP.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 13:08   #1551
BHPian

Have purchased the Greasehouse Growler exhaust and BMC air filter.
Greasehouse exhaust came neatly packaged. They have also provide an allen key for the bolts provided. Will be fixing over the weekend. Will update initial impressions here.
kaustubh_vaze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 21:55   #1552
BHPian

I've placed order for Himalayan windshield clamps from Bangalore store. Initially I just plan to install the clamps, later when needed will install the screen

I'm looking for one small side box (left), does anyone know good stores in Kerala or Hyderabad ? Has anyone tried Shad side bags, do they sell single piece ? If anyone looking for single piece right side let me know
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:10   #1553
Senior - BHPian

I finally had a chance to check out the Interceptor in the flesh (very late to the party, I know). I was disappointed by the posture. The handlebar is too far. I have average sized arms, am 5'6". I sat again on a Classic, it is just spot-on. I have owned a Bullet some 8 years back, I was reminded of why I liked it so much, it is the super-comfortable riding posture.

Wonder if the concern with the Interceptor posture is just me?
Old 23rd December 2019, 13:21   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Dear Friends,
Has any one used the touring foot pegs below?

https://indimotard.com/product/royal...ring-footpegs/
I've been using it for almost 3 months. If you like upright posture with legs set forward like older Bullets, go for it. Mostly you are going to need handle bar risers as well. Without the risers the forward foot position kind of feels odd.

Personally I prefer slightly forward bend and slightly rear set foot pegs. For me the Indimotard footpegs was a trial and error to experiment with a new riding posture. I'll be going back to the stock pegs. Particularly on twisties it's more fun to ride the bike with a rear set foot peg. On highways I would miss the forward placed pegs but I'm okay with the trade off.

As to the build quality of the footpegs I liked it. Well finished and sturdy.
Biker Ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 20:51   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I finally had a chance to check out the Interceptor in the flesh (very late to the party, I know). I was disappointed by the posture. The handlebar is too far. I have average sized arms, am 5'6". I sat again on a Classic, it is just spot-on. I have owned a Bullet some 8 years back, I was reminded of why I liked it so much, it is the super-comfortable riding posture.

Wonder if the concern with the Interceptor posture is just me?

I have the exact same observation.
I am 5'10". I found the handlebar a bit of a reach even when rest of the posture was just fine.
I finally got a 1" handlebar raiser installed.
Old 24th December 2019, 09:41   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
yeah, indeed. I just wanted to get a fair idea of the overall base price. But even that's tipping at 200$ close to. So I'll likely look for alternatives within.
Ok, before going in for an extreme step, try changing the oil grade to more harder oil. That should balance even it better. After updating you, did some research on it and the first baby step would be to increase the oil.

Second Option: Try slotting in a PVC Pipe to increase the pay load. The more the length of the pipe means increase in the pay load. Trial and Error method till you get a sweet spot. Might take quite some time before you perfect your balance.

Third Option: Check for aftermarket adjusters for the fork, am sure you will get many of them. They come with their advantages and disadvantages. This might be a pricey but saves you load of time and efforts. A common example of it.

https://www.tecbikeparts.com/product...ld-41mm-forks/

Go ahead and try them, keep the springs as the very last option. Oil Grade increase might solve your issue partially and you might just learn to live with it.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 12:16   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ok, before going in for an extreme step, try changing the oil grade to more harder oil. That should balance even it better. After updating you, did some research on it and the first baby step would be to increase the oil.

Second Option: Try slotting in a PVC Pipe to increase the pay load. The more the length of the pipe means increase in the pay load. Trial and Error method till you get a sweet spot. Might take quite some time before you perfect your balance.

Third Option: Check for aftermarket adjusters for the fork, am sure you will get many of them. They come with their advantages and disadvantages. This might be a pricey but saves you load of time and efforts. A common example of it.

https://www.tecbikeparts.com/product...ld-41mm-forks/

Go ahead and try them, keep the springs as the very last option. Oil Grade increase might solve your issue partially and you might just learn to live with it.

I had considered upgrading the suspension fluid, but a friend said that it alone wouldn't make much of a difference.

And wasn't entirely sure of the safety aspect of the pre-load adjuster bit, since it will quite literally be stressing the existing springs. (I may be just paranoid about this. Entirely possible)

That is why I was thinking of resorting to stiffer springs.
The same guy who offered me the springs also offered me the other alternatives i.e. thicker oil and adjusters. Maybe I'll have a talk with him again. Starting with thicker oil seems like a safe bet.
Old 26th December 2019, 13:48   #1558
BHPian

Came back from a 1200 Km round trip last weekend from Pune to Statue of unity. The trip was of 3 days. We were a group of around 22 Interceptors from Mumbai and Pune. The more I ride the bike on highways the more I appreciate the gem of an engine it is. Very tractable with really tall 5th and 6th gears, such a pleasure to ride on highway speeds. My only gripe is with the front suspension, the bikes front end doesn't feel planted when taking corners at high speeds.
On return we were constantly doing between 100-120 Kmph on the amazing Mumbai- Ahmadabad highway. The mileage based on tank full to tank full method was around 30-31 for the entire trip.
Lot of people have installed handle bar raisers and changed the stock seat, but after having done 2 long trips (430 km to Goa and 530 Km returning from Statue of unity) I do not feel the need for the raisers and the stock seat feels fine to me, I am 5"10 and 87 Kgs. My back and shoulders were absolutely fine after reaching home, where as my lower back used to hurt just doing Mumbai - Pune on my Tb350.

As for the Statue - you need to visit to witness the grandeur of it. Mighty, massive, colossal, gigantic, humongous, monstrous, monumental. Pictures do not do justice to it. Of unimaginable proportions, seeing it you realize what human will is capable of. Not just the statue itself, but everything around it is humongous. If you plan to visit, do spare a full day for it, since the laser show in the evening is not to be missed.
Also, In case you are visiting on a weekend, it gets extremely crowded, so get the express ticket to skip waiting in queues.

Last edited by ishan12 : 26th December 2019 at 13:52.
ishan12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 16:31   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
Have purchased the Greasehouse Growler exhaust and BMC air filter.
Greasehouse exhaust came neatly packaged. They have also provide an allen key for the bolts provided. Will be fixing over the weekend. Will update initial impressions here.
Installed the BMC air filter and Greasehouse exhaust. Have kept the baffles in place.
The installation is pretty simple. The dimensions are spot on. The custom exhausts seem puny compare to the stock ones. Custom exhausts are 4.5 kgs, whereas the stock ones are just north of 10 kgs.
After installation makes it easier to push the bike seated or raise the bike from a tilted position.
Did not feel a huge difference in acceleration in the 5 kms that I rode.
The exhaust sound is really loud and the burble is amazing. Throttle response is definitely better. I think it could be due to the weight loss as well. (LOL)
Will do a longer ride this weekend and update on mileage, power, top end etc.
Bike feels nice though. Grabs attention with the sound.
kaustubh_vaze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 20:18   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Came back from a 1200 Km round trip last weekend from Pune to Statue of unity. The trip was of 3 days. We were a group of around 22 Interceptors from Mumbai and Pune. The more I ride the bike on highways the more I appreciate the gem of an engine it is. Very tractable with really tall 5th and 6th gears, such a pleasure to ride on highway speeds.
Lot of people have installed handle bar raisers and changed the stock seat, but after having done 2 long trips (430 km to Goa and 530 Km returning from Statue of unity) I do not feel the need for the raisers and the stock seat feels fine to me, I am 5"10 and 87 Kgs. My back and shoulders were absolutely fine after reaching home, where as my lower back used to hurt just doing Mumbai - Pune on my Tb350.
Wanted to be a part of this but had a very important wedding to attend. Even thought about leaving for the wedding early morning, but did not seem feasible would only consider if it was 3-4 hours journey.

I agree with you the bike feels amazing on highways once the engine and tires heat up. Engine is a masterstroke from RE. I too find the seat good, may be I have gotten used to the bike seat. After the Mumbai-Pune ride I too did not feel strained or tired and absolutely 0% back pain. Now this is from a person who used to drive a car always.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks