Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 11:49   #1576
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
2) Yesterday on my way back home from work there was a lot of traffic and it started heating up. The bike refused to rev smoothly in the 1200 - 2000 rpm range and kept shutting down / choking like it wasn't getting any air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Ram View Post
I too had a problem of engine heating up right after first service. This was almost 2 months ago. It was peak of summer and more than usual traffic. To get an idea, it took me about 1 hour 10 mins to cover 12kms. I must have been in 1st gear for more than 45 minutes. Engine heated up more than I have ever noticed, and the idling RPM went up drastically. Throttle response became very erratic, it would take many seconds after I closed the throttle for it come back to acceptable idling RPM. And when I wanted to accelerate there was again couple of seconds lag before the RPM could go up. This made riding in traffic very difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I have the exact same issue. The problem creeps up only when the engine is hot in stop and go traffic and there is excessive clutch usage - The bike seems to stutter and lag until 2000rpm.

Has anyone found a Permanent solution to it?

Hello Bhpians,

I am facing the exact same issue as you guys. My bile has done around 7.2k Kms till now. And recently on 2 occasion in just 15-20 mins of slow moving traffic, the bike had a fluctuating RPM, erratic throttle response, loosing power, not pulling in 1st gear and stalling, the symptoms seemed to be of an over heated engine. (Check engine light never came on)
I checked the oil level and it was normal. The bike goes back to normal after turning it off for 15-20 mins. I am guessing the oil is at the end of its life and is not cooling the engine enough. But I am not sure.

Let me know if the issue has been fixed on your motorcycles and if the SC guys have been able to identify the cause.
Old 30th December 2019, 11:54   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Hello Bhpians,

I am facing the exact same issue as you guys. My bile has done around 7.2k Kms till now. And recently on 2 occasion in just 15-20 mins of slow moving traffic, the bike had a fluctuating RPM, erratic throttle response, loosing power, not pulling in 1st gear and stalling, the symptoms seemed to be of an over heated engine. (Check engine light never came on)
I checked the oil level and it was normal. The bike goes back to normal after turning it off for 15-20 mins. I am guessing the oil is at the end of its life and is not cooling the engine enough. But I am not sure.

Let me know if the issue has been fixed on your motorcycles and if the SC guys have been able to identify the cause.
Hi Ishan, In my case they updated the ECU with a new map and post that it seems to be sorted (so far). I also had a malfunctioning O2 sensor that was affected by moisture and suspect that could also cause the ECU to behave erratically since readings would be incorrect.
adises is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 12:15   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ishan, In my case they updated the ECU with a new map and post that it seems to be sorted (so far). I also had a malfunctioning O2 sensor that was affected by moisture and suspect that could also cause the ECU to behave erratically since readings would be incorrect.
Thanks, my ECU is on the latest update. So not sure what is causing it. Will have to get it serviced next month, will get it checked.
Old 30th December 2019, 15:07   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I can PM you once I change back to stock. If you are interested you can pick it up from me, get it installed, use it for some time and see how it goes.
Thanks! That will be really great. I am so used to the 310gs riding geometry, would prefer to the interceptor as close to it as feasible. But I am still wondering why you intend to switch back to the stock peg position as from your post, it seems like you are happy with and like the Indimotard footpeg re-locator.

Quote:
I have been contemplating installing the Thunderbird 500 handlebar and using the cable set from TB 500 itself. Will it work? Need to check.
A friend has TB handlebar on his Machismo 350 and it works great and looks decent as well. Not sure how it would blend with the interceptor, but if it works well, i am game. I just want get the riding geometry as upright as possible. Keep us posted on your finding with the cable length.

Quote:
Responding to your post - did a good 30 kms in mixed conditions. Heavy traffic, open road, varying speeds -
Nice! Exhaust is not really on priority and i am more or less fine with stock. Just that its a bit bulky, hence a smaller one would be great. Lighter is a bonus. Not really after performance, and would love to have a very slight increase in exhaust note. My preferred setup would be exactly how a bonnie A3 sounds with TORs (triumph off-road) silencer. Do not want to get into a situation where i paid a bomb for an Akrapovic for the 310GS, which sounded nice in lower RPMs but was loud at higher revs. Ear plugs were must on rides, and the recent fear of cops as the bike is my daily mule. Eventually sold it.
Quote:
That thud sound which the bike makes on hitting big bumps is ruining the whole experience for me, need a solution asap
+1. let me know if u manage to crack a solution.
A pic from this weekend breakfast ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20191228_105457.jpg  

Last edited by nasirkaka : 30th December 2019 at 15:13.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 17:31   #1580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I just completed 2100 kms in my first month of ownership. I can hear slight thud sound somewhere from front/ tool kit side when going over rough roads. Planning road trip from TVM to HYD.

I replaced the brake lamps with the Himalayan LED type and I even installed the windshield from Himalayan. I hate the current speedometer with no clock, has anyone tried Himalayan speedometer on interceptor 650 ? Will my odo reading get reset, any pointers will be helpful
If one of your major bugbears is the lack of a clock, that can be easily remedied with the addition of a simple Rs 500 digital watch with rubber strap that you pick up during an online sale and then, just strap onto the handlebar. Easy fix.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 20:50   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
let me know if u manage to crack a solution.
I have been looking for a solution from quite some but i'm yet to find a concrete one. Some people have suggested more fork oil, or oil of higher density, some are suggesting different springs inside or turning the springs upside down, some are saying to install different forks altogether, i want a tried and tested solution and then i'll do it.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 23:20   #1582
BHPian

I've heard Ohlins had launched front suspension kit for 245 euros and the rear suspension kit for 940 euros,if you are willing to spend that much. Aftermarket parts manufacturers should price their products according to the price of the motorcycle imo, if i had a Street Twin or something i would've gladly paid for them. It's the same story with the S&S exhaust pipes.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 02:20   #1583
BHPian

My Baker Express has now done roughly 1100 kms.

The front does make some noise whenever I go through a pothole. Not a fan and would love to know what can be done.

Gotten used to the seat and footpegs, so no major complaints there (Havent done a 300 km + ride though).

What rear shocker setting and air pressure are you guys running? I have tried a few combinations but dont think that I have found the perfect one yet.

Apart from that, upgraded the headlamp to "OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LASER H4" and liking it so far.
akshaymahajan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 12:14   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
If one of your major bugbears is the lack of a clock, that can be easily remedied with the addition of a simple Rs 500 digital watch with rubber strap that you pick up during an online sale and then, just strap onto the handlebar. Easy fix.
I have something similar (analogue) from Aliexpress, on the handlebar. Been working fine so far for last 6 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20191231120814.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 17:11   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Upgraded the headlamp to "OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LASER H4" and liking it so far.
Congrats on your purchase, hope your enjoying the ride. Can you post pictures of the headlamp upgrade, even I am on a verge to upgrade the bulbs. Night visibility at more than average speeds is very poor. Any problem due on battery after upgrades?
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 09:45   #1586
BHPian

I was looking to buy spare tubes for the Interceptor but am a little confused as to what size the tubes are, there is no indication in the manual. Am I correct in assuming this Ceat 3.00-18 Packed Bike Tube is fine for both the front and rear wheel? https://www.amazon.in/Ceat-3-00-18-P...dp/B06Y5LC8H1/

Also, I noticed there is no spark plug socket / remover in the toolkit?
Old 1st January 2020, 15:57   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
I was looking to buy spare tubes for the Interceptor but am a little confused as to what size the tubes are, there is no indication in the manual. Am I correct in assuming this Ceat 3.00-18 Packed Bike Tube is fine for both the front and rear wheel? https://www.amazon.in/Ceat-3-00-18-P...dp/B06Y5LC8H1/

Also, I noticed there is no spark plug socket / remover in the toolkit?
This is the tube used at the rear tyre... Courtesy @captainslow
Clicked at re owned showroom
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1577873848804.jpg  

thirumalkumaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:36   #1588
BHPian

The middle weight segment has changed completely with the introduction of the twins.
I hope other companies are taking note and would offer something in near future.
Bajaj - Triumph are you listening?

https://news.maxabout.com/sales-repo...november-2019/

Last edited by ishan12 : 2nd January 2020 at 11:39.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:10   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
This is the tube used at the rear tyre... Courtesy @captainslow
Clicked at re owned showroom
Is it possible to buy this off the counter at any RE dealership ? TIA
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:43   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
A pic from this weekend breakfast ride.
The black Interceptor on the left, I presume has a windshield from the Himalayan. Is it smoked or sun film. If smoked can you share some details on from where to get one? Been hunting for my Himalayan for some time but couldn't get one.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 2nd January 2020 at 12:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks