Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2020, 15:09   #1666
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
On Road price is Rs.3.31 Lakhs. Thanks for the suggestion on the Rynox, where can I get them? Do Spartan stock them? was considering RE products because of the discount offered when you buy the bike. But I agree, additional armour upgrade will cost more, where do you usually buy the additional armour from?
For Rynox, head to DJ helmets, its a short hop from the Changampuzha Park metro station. Ive bought some stuff from them. You do get two liners along with that particular jacket, so you can use the jacket in heavy rains as well as in cold areas. They also have Revvit and some A* jackets. For more options, head to AutoQueen at Kaloor junction. They have all the A* jackets, Revvit and other Indian brands. You can get only the armour from both these stores as well. Do check the different jacket options over in the Riding Gear thread before making a decision.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 21:29   #1667
BHPian

People from Pune i need your help, i am considering doing something to the seat of my Conti GT, can anybody suggest a good and economical place who could customise the stock seat?

BTW is there a WhatsApp group for the twin owners in Pune? Would love to be part of one.
Old 5th February 2020, 03:10   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
On Road price is Rs.3.31 Lakhs. Thanks for the suggestion on the Rynox, where can I get them? Do Spartan stock them? was considering RE products because of the discount offered when you buy the bike. But I agree, additional armour upgrade will cost more, where do you usually buy the additional armour from?
You can buy rynox products from their website directly as well. The knee and elbow armour from RE isn't good at all, get the rynox air jacket as mentioned above and for knee guards you can get aspida ones, they are very good and are bionic as well.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 08:50   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
People from Pune i need your help, i am considering doing something to the seat of my Conti GT, can anybody suggest a good and economical place who could customise the stock seat?
The most famous one is Pawar Seats in Nana Peth. There are a couple of other shops in that area as well.
timuseravan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 12:06   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am considering doing something to the seat of my Conti GT, can anybody suggest a good and economical place who could customise the stock seat?
Within your suburb, check out Samarth Seat covers. Discuss your seat modification expectations with owner first, go ahead if your wavelength matches else head out to Nana peth area as suggested by 'timuseravan'.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 00:17   #1671
BHPian

People who have bought GT/interceptor recently are you experiencing "khat" sounds from the front of the bike while going over potholes/speed bumps? Because my July bought bike has it and so does other bikes bought around that time, and i was wondering whether RE has fixed it in the latest models
Old 6th February 2020, 09:11   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
People who have bought GT/interceptor recently are you experiencing "khat" sounds from the front of the bike while going over potholes/speed bumps? Because my July bought bike has it and so does other bikes bought around that time, and i was wondering whether RE has fixed it in the latest models
They haven't fixed it in September models. Let see if they have a fix for BS6 variants which are supposed to come out now.
Suspension is one area where RE really needs to improve the twins.

Last edited by timuseravan : 6th February 2020 at 09:31.
timuseravan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 09:17   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, my motorcycle has a 'khat' sound, but not loud enough to annoy me though. The loud exhaust helps with that!, I feel it has something to do with the floating discs or the low suspension travel.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 16:39   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
They haven't fixed it in September models. Let see if they have a fix for BS6 variants which are supposed to come out now.
Suspension is one area where RE really needs to improve the twins.
I am always waiting to see if any improvement is made to BS6 variant so that i can also implement it in my bike

Quote:
Yup, my motorcycle has a 'khat' sound, but not loud enough to annoy me though. The loud exhaust helps with that!, I feel it has something to do with the floating discs or the low suspension travel.
It's because of cone set not because of anything else, i have been trying to find a solution but unsuccessfully. Which loud exhausts have you get?
Old 6th February 2020, 20:29   #1675
BHPian

I was near Nana Peth so decided to hop in to Pawar seats which is a small shop you can easily miss. The chap there is talkative which was really giving me the sweat because i am the total opposite. He offered me tea and coffee when he was working on the seat. I told him I wanted the look of the Interceptor's seat but with increased height, he suggested me dual tone with brown on top and black on the sides. I was a little hesitant at first, but after the job i was satisfied and it looks better in person than in the pictures. I paid a total of 1700/- for the job done.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200206164127.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200206185826.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200206185809.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200206182913.jpg

Quote:
It's because of cone set not because of anything else, i have been trying to find a solution but unsuccessfully. Which loud exhausts have you get?
Oh, I think Royal Enfield has a problem with the cone sets even in the Himalayan, i think we should be thankful nothing has happened yet to our motorcycles! But Royal Enfield should really talk to their suppliers or just get a different one.

I have the AEW exhausts in Mild Steel Chrome.

Last edited by CarManMotorcycl : 6th February 2020 at 20:30. Reason: Bad grammar
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 21:05   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Oct model Baker Express with the clear headlamp and the issue exists. Really irritating! RE should do something
akshaymahajan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 21:35   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Oct model Baker Express with the clear headlamp and the issue exists. Really irritating! RE should do something
I think everyone should start protesting so that RE should fix the issue, after paying 3 big ones we deserve a better product. I have been to RE 2 times with the issue and no proper solution was done. Even my 10 year old pulsar 180 was better in this regard
Old 9th February 2020, 19:09   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Just completed 1600 kms on my Interceptor 650 . It has been used mainly on highways and on short rides within the city when there isn't any traffic. So far,very satisfied with the product. This is my first motorcycle after 10-12 years. Apart from the weight , everything was alright from day one. A couple of things added like the Union Jack Tank pads and aerorack both from Motone customs . A custom seat from Sahara seats with increased padding and pillion seat width. I have also added Formula X sealant in the tube and was saved on the highway when a nail lodged in. Overall I think this makes it a more complete vehicle and I am pretty happy with it .
Hi Keshav, did you face any issues or delays in getting the motone parts? I ordered the rack a little over a week back, and the parcel is still at chennai customs hold as per the india post website. Any ideas? As usual the website updates very slowly so don't really know the exact status. Motone have not responded beyond sharing the tracking number.
Old 9th February 2020, 21:03   #1679
BHPian

Took delivery of the Interceptor yesterday. Spent very little time with it sadly, as i had to travel back to Chennai almost immediately. Initial impressions:
1. Love the clear lens headlight,RE definitely better off listening to the feedback on the dispersion style headlamp lens, does improve the aesthetics. Did not get a chance to ride at night, so will reserve comment on the actual usability.
2. Engine has a bit of an irritating whine when you are off throttle or when you downshift, too early to identify what exactly it is, do not remember hearing it when taking test rides, so have to wait till i run it in and the first service/inspection is done.
3. Love the deep throated rumble. One curious thought though, seems a bit quieter than the BS4 bikes, but can't really say, been a while since i did the test rides and do not have access to older bikes to compare.
4. The showroom staff repeatedly warned about battery drain on account of the headlamp, surprised manufacturers have not bothered to factor that in while making bikes post the cut-off date. Surely they can beef up the batteries without adding on too much to the cost?
5. The ABS light stays on for 5 minutes after you've started riding, and then goes off. Is this routine? I spoke to the guy at the showroom and he said that it is normal.
6. Wish RE had taken the opportunity to improve the instrument cluster with the BS6 price hikes, they've taken it a bit too far with the retro look in my opinion and it simply looks boring.

Definitely created a buzz among the extended family, already have two older members, one of who already owns a benelli 600. Thats pretty much where RE have been proved right. It just appeals to, and is actually within reach, performance and price-wise to those who have always wanted a bigger option. There is no denying they got their target audience right. The showroom staff shared an anecdote where they said they had to write to the factory because apparently RE had prioritised exports owing to the tremendous response from foreign markets.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-3a667fe174da49de83e2ef42935a320e.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-7c08d398c28140c5a1d01b758c466e87.jpg  

philipmathen is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 09:33   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of the Interceptor yesterday.

Definitely created a buzz among the extended family, already have two older members, one of who already owns a benelli 600. Thats pretty much where RE have been proved right. It just appeals to, and is actually within reach, performance and price-wise to those who have always wanted a bigger option. There is no denying they got their target audience right.
Congratulations on the Interceptor and welcome to the club! RE have indeed nailed the bike on first attempt

The lights are ok-ok at best. Nothing great. That and the battery, instrument cluster, etc is where RE saved money and why we can get the bike at such a low price.

I am hoping RE comes out with accessories like LED lights.

The ABS light staying on for 5 mins does not seem normal. Generally for cars and bikes (including the BS4 Interceptor) the ABS light switches off once you hit some pre-determined speed. Like say 15 kmph. A lot of the times, the showroom people have very little idea of the bikes they are selling. I think you should get this checked out with the service center.
timuseravan is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks