Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2020, 09:51   #1681
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
...The ABS light staying on for 5 mins does not seem normal. Generally for cars and bikes (including the BS4 Interceptor) the ABS light switches off once you hit some pre-determined speed. Like say 15 kmph. A lot of the times, the showroom people have very little idea of the bikes they are selling. I think you should get this checked out with the service center.
Yes, planning to do that, but i do remember the guy i spoke to mentioning 40kmph, so i guess i never really hit the mark quickly enough as i was being extra careful. I agree it is built to a cost, but as a first time RE owner i just wish the dealer side and after sales side is tackled head on.

RE could probably make it big if they even decide to go the NEXA way (sounds snobbish, but going by the sheer number of bikes they sold till the twins came along, and after, they simply do not have the bandwidth. The twins are anyway a fraction in terms of numbers, so inevitably drop further down the list as far as a dealer/service centre is concerned), because at least in India, people who tend to spend 3+ Lakhs on a two wheeler, usually do so with certain expectations, decent after sales and reliability being one of them.

I know that's probably asking a bit too much of the service network in it's current state. But fact is, i did fully take into account that i would be left frustrated on this front when i bought the bike. The only worry is, with the twins being an all new, grounds-up design, you don't really have the bullet whisperers who someone would usually recommend. For now fingers crossed and hope against hope that something odd does not crop up.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th February 2020 at 10:05. Reason: Formatting
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 12:40   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
People from Pune i need your help, i am considering doing something to the seat of my Conti GT, can anybody suggest a good and economical place who could customise the stock seat?

BTW is there a WhatsApp group for the twin owners in Pune? Would love to be part of one.
I have gotten the seat re-done on my INT from Pawar seats in Nana peth. Very chatty fellow, knows what he's doing. I got mine done for 2800 bucks. Images here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4694313 (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)

Must say, my ride quality has improved by a lot. It did make the reach for the handlebar a bit worse, since this seat was slightly taller than the stock. But then I got handlebar raisers as I had planned so it's kinda balanced now.

In other news, I did a run to Sinhagad over the weekend. The roads were absolutely miserable, and I was re-motivated to get the damn front suspension upgrades done. I am getting in touch with a couple of good workshops around Pune to sort it out. I just want better damping and stiffer response from the front fork. They bottom out way too easily, and provide very little damping. Especially considering they are performing their duties on a 200+ kg bike. I had already talked to Team Driven, now going to call up Slipstream performance on a friend's recommendation.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 10th February 2020 at 12:43.
ashishk29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 13:16   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I had already talked to Team Driven, now going to call up Slipstream performance on a friend's recommendation.
I am also interested in suspension upgrades. Do let me know the results of your inquiries and if you go ahead with the mods.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 13:22   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
I have gotten the seat re-done on my INT from Pawar seats in Nana peth. Very chatty fellow, knows what he's doing. I got mine done for 2800 bucks. Images here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4694313 (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)
Hi sir, i went to the same guy you are suggesting and i would also recommend him. You can see the work he has done in the pictures i have shared a page back. Was hesitant at first with the dual tone but i like it now.

Quote:
In other news, I did a run to Sinhagad over the weekend. The roads were absolutely miserable, and I was re-motivated to get the damn front suspension upgrades done. I am getting in touch with a couple of good workshops around Pune to sort it out. I just want better damping and stiffer response from the front fork. They bottom out way too easily, and provide very little damping. Especially considering they are performing their duties on a 200+ kg bike. I had already talked to Team Driven, now going to call up Slipstream performance on a friend's recommendation.
Roads are absolutely at their worst in every part of Maharashtra! Do not ever go on the Paud road to Tamhini Ghat as it might be the worst roads i have ever experienced. Had gone to Pratapgarh the last weekend and i must say the roads where actually in a good state except for the last 5 odd kms before Pratapgarh.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 13:30   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Must say, my ride quality has improved by a lot. It did make the reach for the handlebar a bit worse, since this seat was slightly taller than the stock. But then I got handlebar raisers as I had planned so it's kinda balanced now.

1. YSS Thailand has a full kit (both front and rear). Stuart Fillingham will put out a review soon.

2. Zedling Suspension in Pune also are willing to work on the suspension, and customize it for individual needs.

Just remembered these things. So, putting these down here.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 14:30   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I am also interested in suspension upgrades. Do let me know the results of your inquiries and if you go ahead with the mods.

Definitely. Will keep it posted on the forum as I go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
Hi sir, i went to the same guy you are suggesting and i would also recommend him.
Roads are absolutely at their worst in every part of Maharashtra!
Cheers on getting a good seat solution! And yes, bad roads are fairly staple no matter which direction you proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
1. YSS Thailand has a full kit (both front and rear). Stuart Fillingham will put out a review soon.

2. Zedling Suspension in Pune also are willing to work on the suspension, and customize it for individual needs.
YSS - Their products look interesting. I will await the review, and take that into consideration.
Zedling - I will definitely get in touch with them! Thank you for the recommendations. I wasn't aware of zedling at all!
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 18:19   #1687
BHPian

I am searching for rear tube as spare for my rides. I am unable to find 130/70 r18 tube in Tvm. I found the front tube but from an unknown brand “drf”. I don’t want to take risk with the rear tube. I checked with Ceat dealers and they have 120/80r18 , as per them this should fit. Do you guys know what is the default size of the rear tube that comes with interceptor 650
Old 11th February 2020, 10:40   #1688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I am searching for rear tube as spare for my rides. I am unable to find 130/70 r18 tube in Tvm. I found the front tube but from an unknown brand “drf”. I don’t want to take risk with the rear tube. I checked with Ceat dealers and they have 120/80r18 , as per them this should fit. Do you guys know what is the default size of the rear tube that comes with interceptor 650
I dont think the 130 / 70 - 18 tube is available anywhere. I have used the 120 / 80 - 18 instead on my GT. It works fine. Try the Royal Enfield showroom in Trivandrum if you want the exact company spec one.
Old 11th February 2020, 11:19   #1689
BHPian

Got mine delivered on 8th of Feb. BS6 Baker Express.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-83094594_10159499791074498_3422745225859170304_o.jpg  

The Great is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 15:08   #1690
BHPian

I just read somewhere and confirmed on their website that there's an Ohlins FSK145 kit for the INT/Conti twins. Costs 250$. Has anyone tried or seen this? Any idea about procuring it?
Old 11th February 2020, 15:15   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
I just read somewhere and confirmed on their website that there's an Ohlins FSK145 kit for the INT/Conti twins. Costs 250$. Has anyone tried or seen this? Any idea about procuring it?
Vantage Lifestyle from Ahmedabad is the official importer for Ohlins, but i am sure the kit will cost a bomb, i think as a member suggested, you could look at Zedling suspension as they may offer you a lower priced option.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 15:58   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post

Just remembered these things. So, putting these down here.

Cheers,

Jay
Stuart has already put up part 1 of the suspension upgrade video. Here's the YT link.

The YSS suspension he is reviewing can be found here.
https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/royal_e..._black_edition

Costs £533.50
hiren.mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 16:18   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
I have booked the Interceptor and awaiting delivery which should happen within this week.

What are the best accessory options and where can I purchase them for the following?
- Sump guard
- Crash guard (which can take after market exhaust options like a 2/1 full exhaust system)
- Heel Guard (necessary?)
- Anything else that is essential - from a practical stand point? Will be using it mostly for intercity commute of less than 45 mins
-Does the tubeless kit make sense?
- I remember a time when dealers would add an extra coat of lacquer on the tank and panels. Is the 3M option better?

Is there an easy way to turn off the day time running lights without voiding the warranty?
Most questions have already been answered but yes the RE Sales and services are very poor. Yet to find a good service center to get my bike serviced in future. Many have told me the SC in Bandra is worth it.

Sump Guard is a must, as any small stone can damage the oil filter.
Crash guard is up to you, I have installed one. But thinking to get rid of it to reduce weight. Its not much but trying something to reduce the weight by making small changes.
Tubeless conversions are good I am thinking to get this done soon, we have a member in our group who has gone tubeless for mere 7K.
Paint protectors are your choice multiple options available, I will be getting ceramic coating done before the rains.
The lights on for the BS4 and BS6 models have been a norm, but many have got he switches changed without cutting off the wire's. But all in all depends on your SC do they consider it as warranty void or no.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 18:12   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Stuart has already put up part 1 of the suspension upgrade video. Here's the YT link.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=5cFuNIbicXg.

Costs £533.50
I think front will be cheaper. The YSS is also best carried by hand from Thailand.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 07:03   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post

Costs £533.50

Even the front suspension kit is 234GBP
That puts it in the same league as the Ohlins (at 250$). Might have to look for something local instead.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 12th February 2020 at 07:15.

Most Viewed