Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2020, 11:31   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Did you have it imported here? And how much did it cost you to get this imported.
No. I was using it when abroad, just brought it along with rest of my luggage and bike.

Its not cheap. This is from a company called Speedway. They refer to it as a Cover/Shelter.

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 19:44   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
No. I was using it when abroad, just brought it along with rest of my luggage and bike.

Its not cheap. This is from a company called Speedway. They refer to it as a Cover/Shelter.

Best Regards & Ride Safe
Checked it out. Prohibitively expensive. $450 for the standard sport version, excluding shipping and taxes. This is going to be well over $650-700 by the time they are accounted for.

I'll just fabricate it myself I think, going to be a fun little project. Going to research these "sheds" a bit more to find out some additional features that I could incorporate.

One thing, do you directly park the bike in there after a ride, and close it, or do you let the exhaust cool down and then close it?

Last edited by Aditya : 31st May 2020 at 07:18. Reason: Typo
Old 25th May 2020, 20:45   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing, do you directly park the bike in their after a ride, and close it, or do you let the exhaust cool down and then close it?
I just put the bike in directly, don't wait for it to cool down or anything. Its not air tight as it has vents under the side flaps.

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 11:35   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian

Interestingly, the BS6 versions of the 650 twins dont have the big and very visible cat con that the other Royal Enfield BS6 bikes have been blessed with.

Name:  royalenfieldbullet350bs6rightside79c1.png
Views: 2472
Size:  264.0 KB
Not like this

This makes me think that Royal Enfield had probably future proofed the 650 twins at an early stage itself. In fact the only noticeable proof of the updated model is a small BSVI stamping on the engine.

Also from what I understand, the regular warranty on the 650 twins is 3 years and 30,000 kms. You also have a paid option to upgrade this to 5 years and 50,000 kms. But till the end of the month, Royal Enfield is running an offer where the warranty is extended to 5 years and 50,000 kms for free and you also get Rs 7,000 worth of "vouchers" that you can use to purchase accessories or gear from Royal Enfield. This is available till the 31st of this month. Please check with your local dealer for exact details.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 14:08   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Royal Enfield is running an offer where the warranty is extended to 5 years and 50,000 kms for free and you also get Rs 7,000 worth of "vouchers" that you can use to purchase accessories or gear from Royal Enfield. This is available till the 31st of this month. Please check with your local dealer for exact details.
I just had a conversation with the RE company store dealer and he said that there's no option to upgrade the warranty of 650 Twins, all other bikes have the option but not the 650s, i'll check with the customer care as well, don't want to miss it.

According to the area service manager there are two catalytic converters, one is present inside the bend pipe and the other one in the exhaust body, don't know how true is that.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 27th May 2020 at 14:09.
Old 27th May 2020, 17:25   #1836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I just had a conversation with the RE company store dealer and he said that there's no option to upgrade the warranty of 650 Twins, all other bikes have the option but not the 650s, i'll check with the customer care as well, don't want to miss it.
I double checked with the sales advisor today and cross referenced it with the price sheet he had given me yesterday.

- As per the price sheet, there is extended warranty and road side assistance available for BS6 models. It is Rs 5,099 for both, with the cover for 4th and 5th year and 50,0000 kms (whichever comes first).

- As per the current scheme which ends on the 31st of this month, Royal Enfield is absorbing this cost of Rs 5,099 and essentially upgrading the standard 3 year and 30,000 km warranty and road side assistance to 5 years and 50,000 kms instead.

- As per the current scheme, you also get an additional Rs 7,000 to spend on Royal Enfield accessories, goodies etc when you purchase a bike.

Quote:
I decided to take the road side assistance (RSA) which amounted to Rs 850 for a period of 12 months. It certainly is cheaper than what I paid for transporting the motorcycle on the mini van last Sunday. The RSA can be availed for any issue including punctures, running out of fuel (they will bring 5 litres of fuel and you pay for the fuel) etc. Since their IT system was down, the RSA registration was not working and so I paid for it with cash and they will email the receipt and acceptance on their next working day which is the 9th of October. Having the RSA certainly does give me quite a measure of peace of mind but it is something that I hope to not have to call on at all.
From my ownership thread.

Now, given that your motorcycle is likely to be a BS4 variant, I am guessing that this Rs 5,099 may not be applicable to your bike and may only be valid for BS6 bikes. That said, just check with another dealer or if possible visit a service center nearby. I do recall a board in the company service center which showed that extended warranty and / or road side assistance could be purchased for up to 5 years. This is / was available for all bikes that were less than 5 years old.

Quote:
According to the area service manager there are two catalytic converters, one is present inside the bend pipe and the other one in the exhaust body, don't know how true is that.
Maybe, its not visible from outside though.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200527_144236_hdr.jpg
BSVI stamp on the engine

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200527_144304_hdr.jpg
Same lovely exhaust

neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 18:56   #1837
BANNED

Has anyone taken a TD of the BS6 version? Any difference in rideability versus the BS4 version?
Old 27th May 2020, 21:11   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes that is true, the first of the two catalytic converters is in welded into the exhaust pipe right below the engine on either sides - pictured here.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-catcon.png

The other is inside the main exhaust muffler cans on either side.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 13:05   #1839
BHPian

I have purchased the extended warranty+RSA for my interceptor. Have paid 5,699(4499+1200). Mine is a BS6 version, but was bought in February, so I guess it didn’t qualify for the benefits offered in May.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-ec51361e672643adbfc318ddea0c0731.jpeg  

Last edited by philipmathen : 30th May 2020 at 13:17.
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 17:31   #1840

Hi mine is BS IV variant . I got a call from service centre two days back and they said you can opt for 5 years warranty by paying 3,000/- . Is it worth taking?
Old 31st May 2020, 19:46   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitei20 View Post
Hi mine is BS IV variant . I got a call from service centre two days back and they said you can opt for 5 years warranty by paying 3,000/- . Is it worth taking?
Definitely! Anyday it'll make sense; and for that amount, it's not going to hit your wallet for that peace of mind for 2 years if nothing.

Do share if they provide any documentation on T&C. I plan to call them up and see if they are offering for all Interceptor owners (wrt my 1+ old bike).
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 23:31   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
I'll just fabricate it myself I think, going to be a fun little project. Going to research these "sheds" a bit more to find out some additional features that I could incorporate.
I found one manufacturer from Mumbai "Polyvault shelters". I did a whats app chat today with them and found that they have 2 variants of these sheds. First option is for bike parked inside the garage and the other model is when we don't have a closed garage. There are some structural and size differences between the two. They quoted me 5600 for the first model and 12500 for the latter. I might go for the first option but not immediately.

Here is the link https://hi-in.facebook.com/watch/pol...sheltersindia/

Has anyone tried hard side box ( small ones ) which wont affect the looks of Interceptor. I am searching one as it keeps raining in Kerala and I might damage my mobile. Saddle bag looks good but they are not secure enough and most of them require rain cover. I liked SH23 from Shad , looks like it might be quite big and most of the places is out of stock. Shockingly I liked a very cheap model from Aaron ( ES2 ), might even serve my purpose , but I am not able to find it anywhere
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:42   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitei20 View Post
Absolutely yes and add in the RSA as well. 2 years RSA for 800/- is a good deal.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 19:03   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I found one manufacturer from Mumbai "Polyvault shelters".
This one looks almost like what I have structurally. The cover is some "poly" material.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-bike-cover-india.jpg

I believe a cotton based material is better for our climate - for the same reason people advise not to cover bikes in long storage with polythene based bike covers.

Best Regards & Ride Safe
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:10   #1845
Senior - BHPian

I went to check the FB page. The price mentioned is reasonable Rs. 5500-11500.
The only issue is how will it hold in stormy weather. The base can be bolted to the floor if needed, but what about the canopy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks