Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 22:12   #2311
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

The beast arrived home today.

I have had a very pleasant experience with the Brand Store in BTM on the lake road, with booking, and PDI delivery. I booked the bike on MIY app on 1st, manufacturing date shows 2nd Nov. PDI done on 5th, delivered on 11th. I must say, I was pretty surprised by how quick it all happened. SA tells me that since it was a 'made to order' booking, it took priority over regular bookings. Whatever the reason, I'm happy.

Since the quote from the dealer for insurance was at par (and lower than some others), I went with them. Turns out RE has tied up with Chola for insurance now. They've assured me that claim process won't be a problem if required. Let's see.

Meanwhile, feast your eyes some more.

New stable mate
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20201111_172741.jpg

Best angle of the INT
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20201111wa0009.jpg

61km on the first ride itself Came with 4.4 km on the odo
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20201111_171224.jpg

The best looking RE IMHO
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20201111_171207.jpg
GrandTourer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 23:22   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
The beast arrived home today.

I have had a very pleasant experience with the Brand Store in BTM on the lake road, with booking, and PDI delivery. I booked the bike on MIY app on 1st, manufacturing date shows 2nd Nov. PDI done on 5th, delivered on 11th. I must say, I was pretty surprised by how quick it all happened.
Congratulations!
Now at the same pace complete the 500km to get the first service done

Enjoy your twin
surjaonwheelz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 07:03   #2313
BHPian

I just came across this thread on zigwheels, the twins will now get a tripper from meteor as an accessory from RE for new and old customers.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.z...76/%3fis_amp=1
arpanjha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 18:16   #2314
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I plan to paint the exhaust and rims of my interceptor black. Any advice on the best way forward?
Old 12th November 2020, 19:14   #2315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi guys, I plan to paint the exhaust and rims of my interceptor black. Any advice on the best way forward?
+1

Something that is on my mind ever since someone shared the Italian modifications by a dealer over there.

Sorry for spamming, don't really have any advice. But will look forward to this if you get around it
Old 12th November 2020, 19:18   #2316
BHPian

I've just sold my 9 year old Thunderbird 350 and assumed my biking days are over (I'm 33), but the Interceptor 650 has caught my eye. The bike seems excellent in terms of power, looks, and refinement, but what puts me off from buying it is the lack of tubeless tyres, LED projector headlamps, and the footpeg positioning in a bike costing almost ₹3.4 lakhs OTR.
How possible is it that RE will actually incorporate these features in the next iteration of the Interceptor?
Old 13th November 2020, 11:30   #2317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How possible is it that RE will actually incorporate these features in the next iteration of the Interceptor?
There will always be something better on the horizon, and its a never ending loop. Howe i see it is, every day is important and we arent getting any younger. Get whatever is out there and make the most of time. Each day counts.
Motorcycling is all about memories. Experiences like catching a puncture on a tube tyre and fixing it in a given situation make for the longest lasting memories. interceptor headlights are decent only when it comes to road illumination and foot peg positions may most likely not change in near future, unless there is a different variant in future like a 650 bobber. Personally, i seriously believe in getting whatever is available and making most of it. If something really better comes to market in future and tugs at heart, we can always trade in and move on.
nasirkaka is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 13:20   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
There will always be something better on the horizon, and its a never ending loop. Howe i see it is, every day is important and we arent getting any younger. Get whatever is out there and make the most of time. Each day counts.
Motorcycling is all about memories. Experiences like catching a puncture on a tube tyre and fixing it in a given situation make for the longest lasting memories. interceptor headlights are decent only when it comes to road illumination and foot peg positions may most likely not change in near future, unless there is a different variant in future like a 650 bobber. Personally, i seriously believe in getting whatever is available and making most of it. If something really better comes to market in future and tugs at heart, we can always trade in and move on.
Very true. This is what captures the spirit of motorcycling and things like these bring out the difference between a gearless stress free scooter ride and motorcycling. I still remember the puncture on my thunderbird on a long flyover in Kolkata and me pushing the bike to the other end. This is just one example. Memories like these stay on forever and later become stories to tell to our children.
arpanjha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:12   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
I just came across this thread on zigwheels, the twins will now get a tripper from meteor as an accessory from RE for new and old customers.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.z...76/%3fis_amp=1
This is the best news I've got all month! Thank you so much! Hopefully they offer other accessories such as auxiliary lamps, led bulbs etc from the company itself so that the warranty stays intact. I know this is asking too much, but the bluetooth system would be amazing to have too.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 19:35   #2320
BHPian

Today me and the wifey went for a short ride to a place called Garchumbak along the river Rupnarayan about 80 kms from Kolkata. We got ample opportunity to try out the new seats on this 2 hour ride. Pretty comfortable. Reached there, enjoyed the cool breeze from the river, the crisp weather helped us enjoy a lot.
A few pictures here for fellow T-Bhpians to enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-328c1d1d0a8540e58b6d14a4646c0137.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_0998.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1009.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1012.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1016.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1026.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1028.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1034.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1038.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1040.jpg  

arpanjha is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 22:26   #2321
BHPian

Saw this beautiful KL registered Silver Interceptor and Duke 390 ADV riding together today. The bike had a fantastic lighting set up and beautiful indicators as well. I followed them as long as I could. My god was it a sight to see.

Only thing that kept bothering me was that the rider kept using the indicator for corners. For a second it made me think that it was set off automatically as he turned the handlebar. That also reminded me that an auto off indicator would be amazing to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Today me and the wifey went for a short ride to a place called Garchumbak along the river Rupnarayan about 80 kms from Kolkata. We got ample opportunity to try out the new seats on this 2 hour ride. Pretty comfortable. Reached there, enjoyed the cool breeze from the river, the crisp weather helped us enjoy a lot.
A few pictures here for fellow T-Bhpians to enjoy.
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!
adwaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 22:56   #2322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hi All,

Service Update @ 16,000 / HSR Sudhamnagar
Quick update.

Ever since the last service could not find much time to ride the twins except for some short distances. Today took it out for a 300 km ride and it was very satisfying.

Outex: Been two weeks since i had last ridden the bike. Thought will check the air pressure on both tires and it appears that the outex work is holding up really well. There was not even single psi drop in the air pressure.

Suspension tune up: With the rear suspension yanked up to its maximum minus one notch, felt it to be a twitchy whilst cornering. The front however is ok ok and my quest for finding the right balance still continues. In between i had ordered the pre load adjuster to give them a shot and they have arrived. With the pre load adjusters am now forced to fix one inch risers to accommodate these pre load adjusters. Am a big fan of the stock handlebar and the position was just right for me.
But in my search for the right balance I will take this as a gamble and keep an open mind.

The pre load adjustors were from Marsh auto in Nagpur who currently are available only on Instagram. Quite friendly folks, when I requested for an all black setup they went the extra mile to accommodate my request. Was surprised by the honesty and integrity towards the buyer, they proactively updated me on the delay in shipping by a day.
The bar risers are from Bikings from BBC.

Further damages to the pocket was 2599 for the pre load adjustors and 999 for the risers.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20201109_131443.jpg

Next couple of weeks would be hectic, so fitting them will be only in the month of December.

Safe riding, with lovely weather it's time to hit the beaches.

Last edited by ku69rd : 15th November 2020 at 22:57.
ku69rd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:38   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
-The gearshifts are something which I felt the same on a brand new GT as well as this. Neutral to first was clunky, almost 50% of a HD clunk. Rest of the upshifts were smooth. The annoying part was the downshifts. At times, it just did not shift. If I rev match while downshifting, it never shifted. If I downshift quickly, at times it did not fall into the gear I thought it was. I had to release the clutch lever a bit and then there was light clunk from the gearbox and it fell into gear. This was especially during crawling speeds. At one time I had to come to a complete stop on the highway and I tried downshifting while slowing down and it did not shift. I ended up stopped in the middle of the road and had to release the clutch a bit each time I shifted and finally came to first. Thankfully there was no traffic behind me.
Towards the end, I started shifting down in quick succession without leaving the clutch and that seemed to work right.
This issue still exists pretty much exactly how you described it. I was worried if my spanking new INT had a fault, so I did the best thing known to a TBHPian and searched the thread. If I were to write it, I would write exactly what you wrote.

Has anyone fixed this issue on their 650s yet? How should I proceed with it?
GrandTourer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 12:28   #2324
BHPian

Hello fellow 650 owners

I am writing to report my latest adventure on my Interceptor. Ever since I got into biking, I have enjoyed both solo and pillion rides over short distances. However, all my long rides have been solo.

My wife and I decided to take a trip to Ramgarh, Uttarakhand on the bike last week. Of course, the bike so far was tuned for solo rides, bereft of any creature comforts for a pillion. And my wife is a newbie with no experience riding pillion on a bike over long distances. So I made a quick run to Karol bagh and got a Zana rear rack with backrest installed (much to my internal conflict, the thing makes the bike plain ugly haha). It was such a blessing though, wifey had no complaints whatsoever of back pain thanks to the backrest, a must-have accessory if you're planning 2 up riding.

Coming to the ride itself, what a wonderful trip. This bike can take whatever you throw at it, not once was it out of breath or out of shape with a pilion and winter luggage. However, the inevitable happened and I was cursing RE through and through - a puncture . Fortunately, it happened when we were at our destination. I called RSA but you know how it is in the hills, everything is far and help doesn't always reach you in time.

I noticed the puncture at 2 in the afternoon and RSA said they are unable to send a technician before the next morning. I extended my trip by a day, no complaints, that place is beautiful. Meanwhile, I reached out to a few friends who got me a local puncture guy's phone number. I spoke to him and he sounded well aware of the Interceptor. He came over and fixed the puncture, as someone pointed out earlier in the forum that putting back the tyre is tricky and I noticed he struggled as well but he managed. I then called RSA and asked them not to send help but I stopped over at the Ranibagh RE service center to get the setup checked. They confirmed everything was in order and we went on with our journey back to Delhi. Overall a great experience and good learnings. Sharing some pictures from the trip. Happy to take questions if you're also planning to take a 2 up riding trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-38f04add40b642e794a3e921d3150ba7.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-ab3d4cc85aa14ce098ea872a15113844.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-6df4f82c37ab49d186f4a5b75899dd2f.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_3034.jpg  

Last edited by shabih : 17th November 2020 at 12:30.
shabih is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 15:49   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Overall a great experience and good learnings. Sharing some pictures from the trip. Happy to take questions if you're also planning to take a 2 up riding trip.
Great to know, you had a great trip on the Interceptor! What tyre pressure were you maintaining on the rear tyre?

I did a trip to the beach with the same tail-bag on the pillion seat! This setup looks neat for a two up trip. Just wanted to know how's the front end feel with the luggage on the rack? Did you adjust the rear pre-load?

Happy tripping!

/surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 17th November 2020 at 15:51.

Most Viewed