BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Roadpower customs, Bangalore

Denso 5 pin relay - hit them up on social media

Call/Whatsapp: +91-748-357-3674
email: roadpowercustoms@gmail.com

They also sell Silcolene engine oil described in the post above by DragonHawk. Most of their products are from UK for the RE & Triumph retro classics. The owner (Mr Sharma) owns a CGT650 and is riding the wave of demand for accessories & parts (shown in UK YouTube channels)

Some interesting products:
- Spooltans (just like Motone customs)
- O ring for tank lock seal only (RE sells the complete lock set)
- Silcolene products
- YSS/Ohlins suspension kits
- NGK Spark plug kit (Resistor caps + cables)
- Avon tyres
- Union jack tank pads (just like Motone customs)

I came to know of them from social media, didn't do any business with them yet!

/surjaonwheelz
Just a heads up. Their prices for silkolene products are ridiculously high. If u want silkolene products get them from the distributor in Mumbai. Lalit and his road power customs sell their products on mrp as per him. I got the same oil for 400-500 rupees LESS per litre directly from Mumbai. Silkolene pro prep they sell for 1500. It’s available for 1000 elsewhere. Just be cautious gents. It’s your money.

Even their ngk plug kit is priced higher than what bikenbiker sells for.

Also, he’s a moderator on some FB groups and he is constantly pushing for his products and website on so many posts. How do I know this? When I pointed this out on the fb interceptor group, the post was immediately deleted by him. Unfortunately for him, I had taken a screenshot of my post which vanished immediately on posting!

I won’t ever deal with them. Please note. These are just my views and my experience. Yours may be different. I keep WhatsApp chats always for proof.

Last edited by derek : 6th December 2020 at 08:32.
derek is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 08:37   #2372
BHPian

So, I have been experiencing these disk scratch sounds of “khach-khach” around the 40-50kmph band consistently over a period of few weeks now. My INT is 1200km run with first service done sharp at 400kms. The initial few days probably I did not notice this sound due to the excitement and pure joy of enjoying the power band in city ride, but once the initial super excitement is done I started paying close attention to this sound. Anyone else experiencing this?
I took her to the SVC for showing them the sound, they accepted the sound, but to my disappointment they said this is common on all INT/GT because of the bybre brake pads. They said RE came up with an internal bulletin to switch all the rear pads to thunderbird disk pads but RE is yet to decide on the front ones since the size doesn’t match up with anything in the present lineup of models. They said keep riding it will not cause any harm . But for me personally it is irritating.
My friend last week took delivery of his orange crush, and to my surprise asked me about a “khach-khach” sound coming around 40kmph on the 2nd day of his INT. So this now seems to be a common issue. Anyone else on Tbhp have experienced this?
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 20:50   #2373

Even i heard this sound when i went for the test ride. I took test ride for 2 different behicles, still the sound was there. I asked the sales guy and he said its quite normal for interceptor.

I ignored it that time because i thought that most test vehicles are in bad shape and might be a problem with this particular bike.

Thanks for highlighting it.
himsgpta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 01:47   #2374
BHPian

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Front Brake Squeak

Hi Fellow Riders,

I bought my BS 6 Interceptor 650 just over a month ago and have ridden close to 2800 kms so far. An issue I have encountered since the bike crossed 1500 kms is that the front brake squeaks when I gradually apply the brakes and come to a stop from a low speed. This does not happen at high speeds brake application or when I apply medium to high pressure.

I have taken it to the SVC twice and both times as far as I know they said it was dirt in the pads and so they cleaned the brake pads and returned but the sound comes back after a few 100 kms.

I did read a post in this thread from 1 year back saying that this is normal since the sintered brake pads in the Interceptor have copper filings. However, I would like to confirm if that is indeed the case and this sound is normal.

I would like to add that this does not effect braking performance in any way and I am very happy with the bite from the front brakes. Its just the noise which bothers me.

I would ask experienced owners to kindly share their thoughts.
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 08:35   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Just a heads up. Their prices for silkolene products are ridiculously high. If u want silkolene products get them from the distributor in Mumbai. Lalit and his road power customs sell their products on mrp as per him. I got the same oil for 400-500 rupees LESS per litre directly from Mumbai. Silkolene pro prep they sell for 1500. It’s available for 1000 elsewhere. Just be cautious gents. It’s your money.

Even their ngk plug kit is priced higher than what bikenbiker sells for.

Also, he’s a moderator on some FB groups and he is constantly pushing for his products and website on so many posts. How do I know this? When I pointed this out on the fb interceptor group, the post was immediately deleted by him. Unfortunately for him, I had taken a screenshot of my post which vanished immediately on posting!
I fully agree, as far as Silkolene products go, you can always get it from the Fuchs Distributor based in Mumbai Mr. Gaurav [+919820374624]. However only issue is he being a wholesaler, you need to buy in bulk, say for engine oil, you need to buy a carton of 10ltrs minimum.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 09:43   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I fully agree, as far as Silkolene products go, you can always get it from the Fuchs Distributor based in Mumbai Mr. Gaurav [+919820374624]. However only issue is he being a wholesaler, you need to buy in bulk, say for engine oil, you need to buy a carton of 10ltrs minimum.
Not really. I got a 4 liter can of silkolene oil only for my bike. He was hesitant at first but I convinced him. Even with the shipping charges it was ridiculously lesser!

Even the other products of silkolene, he was willing to send me 2-3 cans only. I guess u have to build up a relationship and then anything is possible.

For the AEW 102 owners.... Do u guys face a lot of fluttering/decel pops when you close the throttle even a little bit? With the standard db killer on the 102, I'm getting a continuous fluttering/popping when I close the throttle.

Here's the thing. I also got their other db killer which is their "silent" db killer. With that in the exhaust, there is absolutely no decel pops or flutter.

With NO db killer, again there is NOTHING.

Basically only their standard db killer is making this sound. Any input? Thanks!

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th December 2020 at 12:49. Reason: Mod note attached.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 10:26   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. I got a 4 liter can of silkolene oil only for my bike. He was hesitant at first but I convinced him. Even with the shipping charges it was ridiculously lesser!

Even the other products of silkolene, he was willing to send me 2-3 cans only. I guess u have to build up a relationship and then anything is possible.
Last I had purchased from him was last year December, at that time he had informed me about this. Since we were 3 folks who were in need, so it was easy for us to split the 10ltrs among ourselves. Now that he is willing to sell in less quantity then it is good news altogether.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:14   #2378
BHPian

Revelry Cycles, Sydney, Australia has a series of video for 650 twin's performance upgrades. Sharing the two most common topics,

1. Silencer/Exhaust

2. Air filter

They've a disclaimer as 'Race Only' upgrades but the explanation of the stock setup is spot on.

"You ain't having fun, you're doing it wrong!"

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:45   #2379
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Front Brake Squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Hi Fellow Riders,

I would ask experienced owners to kindly share their thoughts.
It was me who had posted the findings after a visit to the service center with the same issue, the reason is the same which you have posted, so don't worry, just try to ignore it a bit and enjoy the bike.

And in my case the noise disappeared, i don't know when, but my bike has run around 5k kilometers and i don't hear the noise anymore.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 18:15   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. I got a 4 liter can of silkolene oil only for my bike.
=======
Basically only their standard db killer is making this sound. Any input? Thanks!
What's the best value fully synthetic engine oil?
Is the silkolene pro 4 worth it? Or motul 7100 is good enough.

I have the aew exhaust and I hate the db killer because it just mutes the bike completely and the weird fluttering sound on deceleration. Without baffles I get some pops here and there but the sound is too damn loud. I wish they made a db killer that was not so aggressive.
rituj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 22:32   #2381
BHPian

The silkolene is about 1000 rupees a litre which is pretty darn good. I had a toss up between this, Maxima and putoline. I chose the silkolene because of its beautiful red color! I'm serious. There was no way I'm running the oil RE provides.

Regarding the AEW pipes, thanks a lot. So basically it's the damn db killer that's causing the flutter. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue, cause honestly I was wondering what the heck it was! Thanks for that!
Old 8th December 2020, 10:47   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Please let me know the tyre manufacturer for the latest deliveries. Is it still Pirelli?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Yes. It's still Pirelli Phantom SportsComp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
From what I heard, it is changing to an Indian brand and hopefully tubeless.
It's seems evident now that the new batches will come with CEAT ZOOM CRUZ F Made in India tyres!

(Few owners have shared pics from showrom/svc on social media groups)

/surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 8th December 2020 at 10:49.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 11:16   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's seems evident now that the new batches will come with CEAT ZOOM CRUZ F Made in India tyres!

(Few owners have shared pics from showrom/svc on social media groups)

/surjaonwheelz
Yes, it was CEAT, but any idea if it is tubeless or this was just a cost cutting process?
Old 8th December 2020, 11:26   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, it was CEAT, but any idea if it is tubeless or this was just a cost cutting process?
Still seen on spoked rims, tubeless I don't think so. It would have been breaking news if RE offered tubeless on the twins!

It's more of a shortage of imported tyres, I assume. But I wonder if OEMs can't import tyres who will be able to?

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 14:59   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Still seen on spoked rims, tubeless I don't think so. It would have been breaking news if RE offered tubeless on the twins!

It's more of a shortage of imported tyres, I assume. But I wonder if OEMs can't import tyres who will be able to?

/surjaonwheelz
To be honest, I am more happy than disappointed with the change. My bike came stock with the Pirellis and for the price and the kind of grip and life Pirellis offer, I believe they are both over priced and over hyped.
There were hardly any options in the market from Indian manufacturers for the tyre size of the twins. The Ralco speed blasters were still not up there in terms of the speed rating, and the Timsums were as expensive or more then Pirellis, now at least we have one from Ceat. I have not ridden on these Ceat tyres but given that they comply with the speed rating of 210 Kmph and are trusted by a big OEM like RE, I tend to believe they would be good for the price, assuming they would be considerably cheaper then the Pirellis.

A lot of times we tend to give more credit to the "imported" stuff than what they actully deserve and in process undermine domestic products. Will wait for feedback on the Ceats and take a call, since my bike tyres would be due for change soon.
ishan12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks