Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2020, 15:40   #2446
BANNED

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
would would happen if we use this Tyre in tubeless configuration?
Haven't looked at the tyre in question, but if you're contemplating using a Tubed Tyre in a Tubeless setup then you're looking at an upcoming mishap that might even be fatal.

Tubed Tyre's bead isn't designed to offer the same level of sealing as that of a Tubeless Tyre, hence why at times when on the run a Tubed Tire used in a Tubeless setup instantly deflates and pops off the wheel.

Ride Safe,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 28th December 2020 at 15:41.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 17:41   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Haven't looked at the tyre in question, but if you're contemplating using a Tubed Tyre in a Tubeless setup then you're looking at an upcoming mishap that might even be fatal.
Not intending to use, just wanted to know the difference, and understand why they still make tube tyres. Wont it be better to standardize and just make tubeless tyres, which can be used with or without tube anyways. Even basic commuter bike tyres these days are tubeless so doubt there could be big cost difference to make the beading tubeless type. Or is it.
RE themselves have been talking about alloys for interceptor, then why choose tube type tyre now. Also, i am sure there will be some cost difference between the earlier prealli and now MRFs, which they are not passing on to costumers. Least they could have done is opted for tubeless type.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 20:05   #2448
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Not intending to use, just wanted to know the difference, and understand why they still make tube tyres. Wont it be better to standardize and just make tubeless tyres, which can be used with or without tube anyways. Even basic commuter bike tyres these days are tubeless so doubt there could be big cost difference to make the beading tubeless type. Or is it.
RE themselves have been talking about alloys for interceptor, then why choose tube type tyre now. Also, i am sure there will be some cost difference between the earlier prealli and now MRFs, which they are not passing on to costumers. Least they could have done is opted for tubeless type.
Price difference.

Tubeless tyres are pricier by about 150~300/- even when it comes to 100cc commuter sizes, so I guess it would be safe to presume that for larger tyres the difference would be quite a sum.

So standardising is out of scope unless technology permits.

But a factor that would make life easy is size specifics, one could resort to commonsense and use a tyre size chart to opt for TT or TL as the former comes in sizes like 3.5-18 whereas the latter comes in sizes like 100/90-18, one is TT and the other is TL, but practically are of identical size. So little bit of thinking helps a lot in such cases.

Now I vaguely remember rim types also playing a role in the type of tyre that is to be used, had read about the same when trying to source alternate rims for my CT100B, though I do not exactly recall the specifics, basically there are different types of rim shapes near the bead area and this has an impact on tyre selection.

This could be a longshot but that maybe one reason why RE is providing said combo, again I've not looked into specs, just speaking off the top of my head, hope that's of some use.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 28th December 2020 at 20:06.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 19:06   #2449
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Guys are there any places in Bangalore where you can see all the accessories available and buy for the RE twins?
Old 29th December 2020, 20:01   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkLightning View Post
Not really, usually exhaust systems in all bikes even retro bikes come with some soft of heat sink/ exhaust shield/ wrap/ cover but that doesn't seem to be the case with 650 twins, please correct me if I am wrong. attaching pics of Avenger and Classic 350 for reference
They should have given something like this for pillion protection.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2020 at 21:15. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 29th December 2020, 23:22   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Guys are there any places in Bangalore where you can see all the accessories available and buy for the RE twins?
If you mean the official accesories from RE then they are available at the most of the RE showrooms. If you meant the aftermarket ones then I believe the Bikenbiker store stocks quite a few of the accessories, they are located at Wilson Garden. You could always look at them there & check prices online to see the best prices to negotiate better. I do not have any affiliation with Bikenbiker, but they seem to be one of the better stocked aftermarket accessories outlet in Bangalore.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 13:53   #2452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
If you mean the official accesories from RE then they are available at the most of the RE showrooms..
Due to a change in the warehouse (as per RE's statement over EMail/Phonecall ) they do not have most of the accessories at many of the showrooms.

I personally checked with other showrooms from other cities and found one showroom has a sump guard and bought it. Like to get a touring seat, but it is not available anywhere.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 19:09   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Due to a change in the warehouse (as per RE's statement over EMail/Phonecall ) they do not have most of the accessories at many of the showrooms.

I personally checked with other showrooms from other cities and found one showroom has a sump guard and bought it. Like to get a touring seat, but it is not available anywhere.
Right.. wasn’t aware of this, probably a recent issue. When I got my bike delivered, accessories such as sump guard, touring mirrors & touring seats were readily available for me at the showroom in Bangalore. However I had to wait for fly screen, got that installed during first service earlier this month.

Last edited by suhas_raj : 30th December 2020 at 19:10.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 11:03   #2454
Senior - BHPian

2021 Royal Enfield 650 twins spotted testing could get tripper navigation

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-fb_img_16093927196052555.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-fb_img_16093927238638359.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-fb_img_16093927282228244.jpg

Source : Rushlane
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 12:28   #2455
Distinguished - BHPian

So, in the span of 3 days, Rushlane has put out 3 articles related to Royal Enfield's upcoming motorcycles.
- 28th Dec : Updated Himalayan. Rushlane "confirmed" that it will have trip navigation.
- 28th Dec :New Classic 350 with J series engine. Rushlane says that it "could" get Bluetooth connectivity.
- 31st Dec : Updated 650 twins. Rushlane says the twins are "likely" to get trip navigation.

These are all clickbait articles with a lot of wordsmithing.

In the next 2 days, I am sure Rushlane will come up with another series of "spy pics" from Madras, of the cruiser with the 650 twin engine and the article will claim that it which will "definitely" get trip navigation.
neil.jericho is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 16:29   #2456
BHPian

Expecting my Ravishing Red by next week. Was done with the loan processing etc .., when I came upon Bullet Guru's youtube video on 30th saying there is a huge increase in prices across RE bikes. (Ravishing Red price jacked up from 2.58 ex-showroom to 2.80

After 2 sleepless nights, calmed down when I checked the RE official website today where it says price increased to 2.61.

Dealer says 2020 stock is finished, except for Baker express & that I can expect the Ravishing Red by 5th or 6th Jan (Booked on 4th Dec). I hope I don't go crazy by then
Marias is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 13:22   #2457
BHPian

Hello Fellow enthusiasts and riders,

After reading 160+ pages of this thread and numerous other links, I finally booked my Interceptor 650 Silver Spectre in Hyd. EDD (Expected delivery date) is 21-03-2021!!

I would like to thank each member who contributed to this and numerous other threads to help me make an informed decision - helping balance my heart with your head (wisdom)!

As advised by many distinguished BHP'ian's, I am not going to make any changes right off the bat. Will keep it as stock as possible before figuring out what works for me and what doesn't. Have book marked about 2 dozen links for various mods done by folks on this thread for quick reference - when the need arises.

Only one question - should I go for stock crash guard or buy after market one's? Not sure about strength and durability of after-market crash guards. I would like something simple and small - one displayed at showroom seemed too big for the purpose.
Prashant_BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 14:30   #2458

Hi everyone,

a very happy new year to all , have been following this thread for a month now and has been a big help , also learnt a lot from it .
i booked by continental gt 650 Dr mayhem last month and the dealer said 2 months plus .
now after seeing the facelift spy shots and also the new colour post I am a bit confused as what to do if i get my bike before the face-lift launches ?
i saw one picture here which had all the colour schemes and i really liked the green and silver gt 650 .
do you guys think they will increase the power and include some new features ?
ranveer4155 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:12   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant_BHP View Post
Hello Fellow enthusiasts and riders,

After reading 160+ pages of this thread and numerous other links, I finally booked my Interceptor 650 Silver Spectre in Hyd. EDD (Expected delivery date) is 21-03-2021!!

I would like to thank each member who contributed to this and numerous other threads to help me make an informed decision - helping balance my heart with your head (wisdom)!

As advised by many distinguished BHP'ian's, I am not going to make any changes right off the bat. Will keep it as stock as possible before figuring out what works for me and what doesn't. Have book marked about 2 dozen links for various mods done by folks on this thread for quick reference - when the need arises.

Only one question - should I go for stock crash guard or buy after market one's? Not sure about strength and durability of after-market crash guards. I would like something simple and small - one displayed at showroom seemed too big for the purpose.
Hello Prasanth, congratulations for the decision. May god help you with patience through this agonizing wait period.
Regarding crash guards, definitely RE crash guards are more reliable, if after market, check out Zana, seems good enough to me. But the biggest issue is availability. I got my Baker Express in October, and the crash guards are still to arrive in the SVC, and Zana also has remained unavailable at least online. I have bought an after market unbranded one and fitted on my INT right in October itself, because as per me something will definitely be better than nothing and decide to wait for the accessory to arrive at the ordered showroom. I suggest check availability, but make sure you get something fitted at the earliest.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 21:01   #2460
BHPian

Accessory alloy wheels for Royal Enfield 650 twins CONFIRMED for early 2021 launch.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-reinterceptor650alloyfeatured.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-reinterceptor650alloy.jpg  

ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks