Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 22:37   #2461
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Accessory alloy wheels for Royal Enfield 650 twins CONFIRMED for early 2021 launch.
I'm sure that Alloy wheels will be a welcome option for those worried about punctures.

However the attached image on the source is a particularly vulgar looking set of wheels.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-reinterceptor650alloyfeatured.jpg

Perhaps a set of subtle black alloys like that on the Meteor would look good in the classic looking Interceptor.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-meteorwheels.jpg
playingpossum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:42   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingpossum View Post
I'm sure that Alloy wheels will be a welcome option for those worried about punctures.

However the attached image on the source is a particularly vulgar looking set of wheels.

Attachment 2102374

Perhaps a set of subtle black alloys like that on the Meteor would look good in the classic looking Interceptor.

Attachment 2102375
Absolutely agree with you. Those wheels definitely look cheap, the ones on Meteor have quite a graceful look.
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 06:08   #2463
BHPian

Finally after a long wait, got my Ravishing Red beauty. Lovely machine, absolute head turner. Sharing few pics here. Lot more in progress.

For the initial few hundred kms, keeping it under 4k rpm & 70-80 kms (which is agonizing by the way), so kind of getting that "Royal" feeling, if you know what I mean.

Initial impressions:
1. Went for a short first ride with the missus (about 60 kms) - We both agreed, seat needs to be modified at the earliest. (Will get it done today). Zana top rack, with back rest, is on the way so that should provide some comfort for pillion.

2. After the short ride, it felt like I just did a shoulder workout .
I thought Carbon Racing handle-bar risers were a DIY job, but there was a recent video where it said cable re-routing was required. I don't want to mess it up, so will try to get it done at a mechanic today.

3. Since I kept it below 70-80, I didn't feel any windblast. I already have the Carbon Racing Windshield ready for installation, will be doing that after getting the handle-bar risers installed.

4. Put on TripMachine grip cover, and it is actually amazing & I love it.

After the customary puja, yesterday evening got the 3M ppf done on tank & side boxes. Will go to bikenbiker to get the accessories (Zana engine crash guard with slider, Bikings sump guard) done today.

Also ordered the pillion footpeg shifter from MKDesigns, which is on the way.

Will post more pics once everything's done.

Again, thanks to everyone on this forum for putting in time to share the experiences here which immensely helped people like me.

And to all the people who have booked the inti/ conti & waiting for the D Day, as any Inti owner would say, Its well worth the wait.

Cheerios
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210104-3.55.26-pm-1.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210104-3.55.26-pm.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210104-3.55.25-pm.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210104-3.54.44-pm.jpeg  

Marias is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 09:32   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
Finally after a long wait, got my Ravishing Red beauty. Lovely machine
Congratulations! The bike looks super cool and Iam too a avid red color fan. BTW, what is the on road price of the bike? Also can you share the accessories price details as well.

Quote:
seat needs to be modified at the earliest.

Carbon Racing handle-bar risers were a DIY job, will try to get it done at a mechanic today.

Put on TripMachine grip cover

Also ordered the pillion footpeg shifter
I suggest you ride the bike as is, with minimal changes required, at least for the first few thousand kilometers. Feel the initial bike ride on OE and then go for modifications later as you mentioned. This way you will also feel fresh on the bike and for more time, if you understand what I mean

Quote:
Will go to bikenbiker to get the accessories (Zana engine crash guard with slider, Bikings sump guard)
++1 for the bike to be on safer grounds

Wish you happy s(miles) on your new found love!

Last edited by ManneAtWheelz : 6th January 2021 at 09:39. Reason: Price tag
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 10:29   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Congratulations! The bike looks super cool and Iam too a avid red color fan. BTW, what is the on road price of the bike? Also can you share the accessories price details as well.
3.38l (including extended warranty of 5 yrs, 4499 + RSA 2nd year, 1000) + 4k (after the price increase w.e.f Jan 1st)
total 3.42l in Bangalore

Carbon racing handle-bar risers : 2k
Carbon racing Windshield : 2k
foot-peg adjustor from MKDesigns : 2k
trip machine grip cover : 950 Rs

3M Full tank + Side boxes : 595 per sft, 7150 Rs.

Quote:
I suggest you ride the bike as is, with minimal changes required, at least for the first few thousand kilometers. Feel the initial bike ride on OE and then go for modifications later as you mentioned. This way you will also feel fresh on the bike and for more time, if you understand what I mean

++1 for the bike to be on safer grounds
I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I can ride any more on the stock setup (Two months back, I had done a trip on a rented inti to Lepakshi...total around 250 kms, and was left with a strained shoulder and a very bad back .
Quote:
Wish you happy s(miles) on your new found love!
Thank you & good luck to you as well.
Old 6th January 2021, 10:34   #2466
BANNED

Quote:
Carbon racing handle-bar risers: 2k
Carbon racing Windshield: 2k
foot-peg adjustor from MKDesigns: 2k
trip machine grip cover: 950 Rs
Thank you for posting the pricing in detail that will help 'yet-to-be' owners from Bangalore.

If possible please add links for purchase or images of these items that you have purcased.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 11:03   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after a long wait, got my Ravishing Red beauty. Lovely machine, absolute head turner. Sharing few pics here. Lot more in progress.

For the initial few hundred kms, keeping it under 4k rpm & 70-80 kms (which is agonizing by the way), so kind of getting that "Royal" feeling, if you know what I mean.
Hey buddy, congrats on your purchase, you've picked the best color IMHO. I swapped the stock seat with a friend's GT650 seat and put Zana top rack with backrest; the wife is pleased. And before putting the handlebar risers, I will also suggest you ride it as is for a few thousand km, feel your bike better and then tinker with stock ergonomics. On your list of mods, may I also suggest putting better lights, the stock ones are really crappy at night on highways. Wish you luck with your new steed

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th January 2021 at 11:36.
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 12:03   #2468
BHPian

Hi all! Wishing you and all at home a very Happy New Year!

I'm finally back at home and I couldn't be happier. Riding my bike around in the fog is a lot of fun.

I've finally got the sump guard installed. I bought a couple weeks after I got the bike, but since the service centre had a problem installing it, I had to wait. Got it done by a third party.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20201224-17.11.01.jpeg

The mileage on the bike had dropped and I'm having a tough time coming to terms with it. There was a drop like a mentioned in an earlier post but it has now come down to 17. I'm not sure if something is wrong with her.

I'll be getting a new full face helmet from Bell by the weekend since my friends feel the shell shape will suit the bike better. Rynox told me their jackets would be back in stock after the 20th of Jan and I'll be getting the Stealth Evo 3.

Since I was missing riding around, I rented a Dominar 400 on Christmas. It was a real fun bike to ride and it has a very different character from the 650 twins. It was quite nimble in traffic, which is something that the Interceptor lacks.

The throw of the headlight also makes me envious. Voiding the battery warranty is not a option for me now, so I'm stuck with RE's stock bulbs.

The Dominar I rode was in a bad state but was fun nevertheless. I'm kinda biased towards it since it was the bike I wanted to but until my father asked me to get the Interceptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingpossum View Post

Attachment 2102374

Attachment 2102375

Absolutely agree. This may be just one sample, but it makes the bike look hideous.

If we could get spoke rims like that on the Africa Twin, we could keep the look and get tubeless tyres are well, but I think that's asking for too much.
Old 6th January 2021, 12:23   #2469
BHPian

Hello, fellow BHPians and RE650 owners.

I'd like to report a few subtle changes I made to my beloved Int650. The organization I work for gives us mandatory year-end holidays starting Christmas, which meant I had a lot of time in hand and itchy fingers led me to fiddle with the bike. Here are the things I did

1. Painted the headlight border black: easy peasy job, it took a can of black paint and the result was satisfying.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_3336.jpg

2. Swapped stock headlight bulb with Andride nighteye: Decent results, ever since I swapped the lights, I have not taken the bike out for a night ride because of Delhi winters, but let's see.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-no-light.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-low-beam.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-high-beam.jpg

3. Replaced stock handlebars with Himalayan handlebar: Honestly, I did this mod just for the kicks. I wanted a Street Twin style riding stance with a short and wide handlebar and noticed that the pipes on Himalayan looked befitting. Coming to the result, I have mixed feelings. The difference is not that noticeable however I do get a lot more road and brake feel thanks to the shortened length of the pipe and an ever slightly forward lean. My grip is also slightly wide and straight. Again, I have not ridden much with this new setup so far, but I will report in some time. As a side benefit, I quite like the silver color of the pipe, gives a certain oomph

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-stock.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-himalayan-handlebar.jpg

4. I removed the rear mudguard for a cleaner look: The rear looks clean but the very next day skies started pouring in Delhi and a short 4 km ride in slush resulted in a very dirty rear. Now will have to figure out a middle way to this problem as the locality I live in has wet roads usually.

5. Removed the metal plate on front visor: Much clean blacked-out front now, loving it. I also painted the screws black.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-front.jpg

The itch hasn't stopped yet, hoping to carry out some more in the near future.
shabih is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 13:51   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Hi all! Wishing you and all at home a very Happy New Year!

The mileage on the bike had dropped and I'm having a tough time coming to terms with it. There was a drop like a mentioned in an earlier post but it has now come down to 17. I'm not sure if something is wrong with her.

The throw of the headlight also makes me envious. Voiding the battery warranty is not a option for me now, so I'm stuck with RE's stock bulbs.
Happy new year Adwaith.

Regarding fuel efficiency, since your bike has already completed the first service, I think this is abnormally low. Please check if fuel is leaking anywhere and your method of calculation is correct or not. What I suggest, easiest is as soon as the blinker goes on, try and fill up in round figure in litres for example 8 Ltrs or 10 Ltrs and reset the trip meter. As soon as the blinker goes on next time, thats your mileage vis a vis quantity filled. If you are confident the reading is correct, please get in touch with your nearest SVC and speak to them.

About replacing the stock headlight, as far as I know it does not void your warranty at all. I have replaced my stock bulb to Andride Nighteye and am having huge benefit, and I got it verified at the SVC and the showroom and they have confirmed it does not affect my warranty at all. Unless you are cutting any wire, your warranty stays good.
arpanjha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 14:24   #2471
BHPian

I don't know if anyone else has posted this already:
RE is offering pillion foot pegs repositioning brackets.

This video shows what they are and how they are installed:

Watch from 2:45 onwards for that part.
Old 6th January 2021, 14:29   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Marias and welcome to the club.

I see you haven't opted for the sump guard. I would suggest you go for it (OEM or after market, your choice) considering the condition of roads here in Bangalore, especially Whitefield (assuming from delivery photos).

Also, the compact engine guard would be helpful when you eventually drop the bike (It's going to happen sooner or later )

Happy riding!

Last edited by GrandTourer : 6th January 2021 at 14:31.
GrandTourer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 14:44   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
It's Hepco & Becker offering, not RE. This was available with bikenbiker but now not listed on their website. With so many aftermarket options available at an affordable cost, very few will go for these in India.

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:06   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Just on the way to Bikenbiker so in a hurry , even I was going to opt for this. But I found this one from MKDesigns "https://mkdesignsindia.com/product/pillion-footrest-extender/" @2K which is way cheaper than the Hepco one (~6k)

I just got this delivered today. Will get it installed & share my feedback here in a some time.
Marias is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:21   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
[h3]Hello, fellow BHPians and RE650 owners.
4. I removed the rear mudguard for a cleaner look: The rear looks clean but the very next day skies started pouring in Delhi and a short 4 km ride in slush resulted in a very dirty rear. Now will have to figure out a middle way to this problem as the locality I live in has wet roads usually.
Even i have removed the rear mudguard, what i do is as soon it seems like it will rain, i put it back, it's just a 5 minutes job. The amount of dirt the bike catches when you ride without the mudguard is too much, so it's better to put it back during rains and keep it away rest of the times.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks