Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2021, 00:24   #2491
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
The guy quoted 3K along with exchange of the existing seat.
Did you say Exchange? I for one, will never give away my stock OE parts, they will be there with me as a nostalgic memories , even after I part ways with the vehicle.

Last edited by ManneAtWheelz : 9th January 2021 at 00:26.
Old 9th January 2021, 11:02   #2492
BHPian

Ok so finally, got the engine crash guard & sump guard installed yesterday, along with the Carbon racing handlebar risers. Posting few pics.

The one I loved the most was the risers, cause it brought the handle towards me. The riding stance has changed drastically & I loved the 20 km ride back home. Took it out for a spin in the morning & I am loving it even more than before.

DIYed the top rack + back rest; missus is very much pleased with the back rest.

After 1st service, I will install the Carbon racing Windshield. And the rear foot-peg extender after a few hundred kms ( in order to get the realistic feedback from wife , and hence to justify the additional 2k invested!! )

Impulse buy : Got this hazard blinker at the store for 2k.

https://www.ahhelmets.in/flashx-haza...erflasher.html

I also had them connect the Bobo mobile charger to the ignition, so it only works when the bike is ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Did you say Exchange? I for one, will never give away my stock OE parts, they will be there with me as a nostalgic memories , even after I part ways with the vehicle.
Yeah. I was actually in two minds, whether to modify the stock or get a new one & experiment on it. But at that particular time, I thought it was practical to just keep one.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210109-10.43.03-am-1.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210109-10.43.03-am-2.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210109-10.43.03-am-3.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210109-10.43.03-am-5.jpeg  

Marias is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 13:23   #2493
BHPian

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 650 cc Twin Spied with alloys

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/2021-royal-...-12388835.html
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-2021royalenfieldclassic650cctwinspied21068x801.jpg  

ASP007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 13:31   #2494

I just got delivery of my interceptor 650.
Was looking for good accessories and I want a good visor/windshield.
I have shortlisted the carbon racing windshield but don't like the metal rods, another option is to go for mk design adapter and use the himalayan windshield.

Surfing on the Royal Enfield accessory site saw the RE meteor Touring screen kit.
It attaches to the front forks and it got me thinking cam I fit it to Interceptor 650 since the fork sizes for both bikes is 41mm.

Has anyone tried this, please share your findings
k9unal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 13:50   #2495
BHPian

Fellow 650 owners, I have a problem and would like you to please help me with it. I got my Dr.Mayhem Continental GT 650 a few months back. We took the delivery during the rampant Corona season. The delivery was scheduled to be at afternoon, but was delayed and we got it when it was getting dark. Yet, my uncle noticed these white marks on the side of the tank and parallel white lines on the top of the tank, and when he asked the showroom guy, he confidently replied that it was nothing to worry about and would go away after a shampoo wash. The next morning, after a shampoo wash, in the daylight I found the tank to be FULL of white marks. We sent them pictures and my uncle gave them a piece of his mind, and they gladly agreed to polish it up during the first service.
The first service comes, and they again delay. After a mere try with a small piece of cloth and some polish, nothing changed. The mark on the side of the tanks remained. After realising that it was all in vain, the sales representative started to shift the blame on us. He says that someone had rubbed white paint on it and that it had happened after taking the delivery and they would never deliver a faulted vehicle. Here's a quick run-down of what happened during the delivery day. We took the bike, rode 40 kms back home, took it to pooja, where our employees had a vigilant eye on the bike. Then we took it back home and parked inside a closed gate. The next day, the bike was washed in front of my eyes, and that's when we sent the pictures. Now back to first service day, even after explaining everything, he shifted the blame on us, and we saw this was not going anywhere. We just wanted my tank to look like it's supposed to. So, now I would be really thankful if you suggested the type of methods to get rid of the marks. I was considering these ceramic shops where they get rid of the swirl marks and what not. Please help me out. Any Bangaloreans out there, please suggest the shop too. Attaching the photos for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200728_165145__01.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200728_153456.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20201030_120234__01__01.jpg  

SNOWY227 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 14:05   #2496
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP007 View Post

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 650 cc Twin Spied with alloys

Also can spot the USD forks on the 650cc bike.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 14:21   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWY227 View Post
Yet, my uncle noticed these white marks on the side of the tank and parallel white lines on the top of the tank, and when he asked the showroom guy, he confidently replied that it was nothing to worry about and would go away after a shampoo wash.
This is sad and ruins the experience. However, should have denied taking the delivery and asked them to do a quick shampoo wash in front of your uncle. Once rode out of the showroom, these guys will simply wash their hands. Have you discussed this with the SA that it was brought to their attention during the delivery? If there are pics taken when the bike was at showroom (during delivery ceremony), they might help. In case they're not budging, contact the RE customer support. I believe this would be difficult to get highlighted in CCTV, that too on a late evening.
ASP007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 19:29   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9unal View Post
I just got delivery of my interceptor 650.
Was looking for good accessories and I want a good visor/windshield.
I have shortlisted the carbon racing windshield but don't like the metal rods, another option is to go for mk design adapter and use the himalayan windshield.

Surfing on the Royal Enfield accessory site saw the RE meteor Touring screen kit.
It attaches to the front forks and it got me thinking cam I fit it to Interceptor 650 since the fork sizes for both bikes is 41mm.

Has anyone tried this, please share your findings
Stayaway from Carbonracing windshields. Its noisy and we wonder why many reviews says otherwise.
It gives a very good look, but dont give a pleasant experience after touching 60km.
You can try OE ones.
agbenny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 20:00   #2499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow 650 owners, I have a problem and would like you to please help me with it. I got my Dr.Mayhem Continental GT 650 a few months back.
Snowy227, this is quite unfortunate to read. By any chance do you have pictures taken at the time of delivery that can help your discussions with Royal Enfield?

Before you spend any money to fix this issue which was there at the time of the delivery, reach out to the RE customer care higher ups. At every RE showroom, there is an escalation matrix and you can call and / or email the area sales manager for Bangalore and explain the situation. If you send an email to the company customer care ID, they will route you to the same person. Whichever route you take, that should help get things sorted. Ask for a replacement of the tank.

From the pictures you shared, it looks like the tank from a bike which has been well used and which has scratches from an external knee guard. Since it is a new bike, this is not going to be the case, so maybe some damage has happened during transit and the sales guys over-estimated their ability to polish it out.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 21:32   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Snowy227, this is quite unfortunate to read. By any chance do you have pictures taken at the time of delivery that can help your discussions with Royal Enfield?

From the pictures you shared, it looks like the tank from a bike which has been well used and which has scratches from an external knee guard. Since it is a new bike, this is not going to be the case, so maybe some damage has happened during transit and the sales guys over-estimated their ability to polish it out.
I felt cheated, that too this being my first vehicle. Apparently, my parents don't want to take the trouble of resolving this issue with Royal Enfield. I would love to hear what could be done to remove the stains. I just want my bike to look it's best.
SNOWY227 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 21:45   #2501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I felt cheated, that too this being my first vehicle. Apparently, my parents don't want to take the trouble of resolving this issue with Royal Enfield. I would love to hear what could be done to remove the stains. I just want my bike to look it's best.
Congratulations on your first motorcycle. Hopefully this issue doesnt mar your ownership experience.

There is an incredibly detailed thread on the forum just for detailing cars and motorcycles, that should be a good place for you to get started. Im not an expert but if you want to do it yourself, I think the following process should help fix all / most of the visual scruffs
- Wash the bike and then apply a clay bar to it
- Polish the bike
- Wax the bike

There are different products for each of the above and each of them serve a different purpose.

Here is what I use
- For car wash : 3M Link
- Clay bar : Indian brand, purchased but not yet used Link
- Polish : Meguiars Link
- Wax : Formula 1 Link

If this does seem overwhelming and you prefer to take it somewhere to get it done by professionals instead, head to any of the reputed detailing studios like Feynlabs or the others and they will do the above processes.

Also, if you want to protect your newly fixed and gleaming tank, you can choose to apply a paint protection film (PPF) over it. That will keep the tank looking like new for a long time.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 21:53   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your first motorcycle. Hopefully this issue doesnt mar your ownership experience.

There is an incredibly detailed thread on the forum just for detailing cars and motorcycles, that should be a good place for you to get started. Im not an expert but if you want to do it yourself, I think the following process should help fix all / most of the visual scruffs
- Wash the bike and then apply a clay bar to it
- Polish the bike
- Wax the bike

There are different products for each of the above and each of them serve a different purpose.

If this does seem overwhelming and you prefer to take it somewhere to get it done by professionals instead, head to any of the reputed detailing studios like Feynlabs or the others and they will do the above processes.

Also, if you want to protect your newly fixed and gleaming tank, you can choose to apply a paint protection film (PPF) over it. That will keep the tank looking like new for a long time.
Much thanks man! Will do. Hope the black beast shines the way it should.
SNOWY227 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 15:54   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Snowy227,
One more thing that has been bugging me. There is no way that the showroom guys could have replaced the an old tank right?
SNOWY227 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:33   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing that has been bugging me. There is no way that the showroom guys could have replaced the an old tank right?
Hi snowy,
I don't think it's a simple scratch during transit and there is more to it than what meets the eye. Like other bhpians have suggested if you have evidence such as time dated photographs or such which proves the newly delivered vehicle had scratches you should be talking to higher ups in the RE. I had issues with RE and even after taking up with management nothing happened until a good hearted SA sorted the issues.

IMHO, I don't think much progress Will be made by talking to any of them unless you have proof. If I am in your shoes and professional detailing of the tank doesn't take care of it either I will go on or swap the whole tank and not let this bother my joy of riding or owning the bike. Good luck.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 11th January 2021 at 17:34.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:43   #2505

Quote:
Fellow 650 owners, I have a problem and would like you to please help me with it.
Sad to hear this, especially this being your first motorcycle. As mentioned by Neil, this could have happened during transit, but I feel that shouldn't be your concern since you paid for a clean bike. Any damage done by the company has to be borne by the company. Inform the showroom salesperson that you would like to take this up with the ASM and RSM if required, if the showroom doesn't provide you with a solution to this.

If you do not want to take it up to the higher levels, then you can get the tank detailed at detailing centers(which are plenty in Bangalore).
Kishh_Krishn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks