Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 18:46   #2506
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
The one I loved the most was the risers, cause it brought the handle towards me. The riding stance has changed drastically & I loved the 20 km ride back home. Took it out for a spin in the morning & I am loving it even more than before.

DIYed the top rack + back rest; missus is very much pleased with the back rest.

I also had them connect the Bobo mobile charger to the ignition, so it only works when the bike is ON.
Good, how about the re-routing of the cables? How did it work out for the new bike?

The backrest + carrier complements the new seat now!

Did you connect the charger to the accessory socket present in the headlight assembly/dome?

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 08:28   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Good, how about the re-routing of the cables? How did it work out for the new bike?
The guy didn't actually re-route the cable. He just removed the zip-tie in the middle, so that there is enough play for the brake & clutch cable. I will post a pic of it in better lighting.

Quote:
Did you connect the charger to the accessory socket present in the headlight assembly/dome?
yup, the guys at the fitting shop said its a 5 minute job.

Quote:
The backrest + carrier complements the new seat now!
Marias is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 11:16   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWY227 View Post
One more thing that has been bugging me. There is no way that the showroom guys could have replaced the an old tank right?
That is very unlikely. These dealerships have a very streamlined process for unloading the bikes, doing PDI and handing it over for delivery. And swapping out the tanks would be fraught with risk for everyone involved in the dealership, it is not worth it.

I almost forgot to ask, which dealer is this? Other members from Bangalore can stay away from them if they want to make a booking.

My 2 cents - you have got yourself a great bike, I would suggest that you dont worry about all this now. Since you mentioned that your family wants to move on, then just get it detailed and enjoy your upcoming rides.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 12th January 2021 at 11:17.
neil.jericho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 23:17   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
That is very unlikely. These dealerships have a very streamlined process for unloading the bikes, doing PDI and handing it over for delivery. And swapping out the tanks would be fraught with risk for everyone involved in the dealership, it is not worth it.
Oh, good to hear that. No, I got it in Hassan since I was there during lockdown.
Yes, I'm over it now. A nice detailing, and I wouldn't even remember all these.
Also man, (appreciation comment) what a bike it is. I have always preferred cars to bikes, but this makes me smile everytime I ride it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishh_Krishn View Post
Sad to hear this, especially this being your first motorcycle.
If you do not want to take it up to the higher levels, then you can get the tank detailed at detailing centers(which are plenty in Bangalore).
Yes sir, I will get it detailed, since I find it the easiest way to fix it. Hopefully!

Mod Note - Please quote selectively. Also, edit or multi- quote your replies instead of back to back posts.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th January 2021 at 09:31. Reason: Mod note attached.Thanks.
SNOWY227 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 22:53   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWY227 View Post
Yes sir, I will get it detailed, since I find it the easiest way to fix it. Hopefully!
Please post the complete bike pics once the detailing is done. Would like to see it
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 08:25   #2511

Got a call from the dealership my bike is here , waiting for the paperwork to be done and the accessories to be fitted and we are good to go . Couldn’t wait so I asked the dealer to send me some pictures of the bike as I was busy with work
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-abf97426fbcf43b7b1f9e413a61fde26.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-393fa518fb5b49598cabb75fa9040244.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-f98161acb9c74964bc46eed88ada032d.jpeg  

ranveer4155 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 09:29   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranveer4155 View Post
Got a call from the dealership my bike is here , waiting for the paperwork to be done and the accessories to be fitted and we are good to go . Couldn’t wait so I asked the dealer to send me some pictures of the bike as I was busy with work
Congratulations! Is this your first bike ride? Also, can you share the on road price if you are ok with.
Old 17th January 2021, 13:55   #2513
BHPian

Hi all!

This morning I went out for a short ride and just as I was returning the clutch began slipping (I think). When I wrung the throttle from at about 2K or 3K RPM the engine would rev above 5K RPM, giving zero power and then fall back to around 4K and then I would get power.

This mainly happened in 3rd gear. I came back home and put it on the mainstand and tried replicating it but couldn't do so.

Please advise. Thanks!
Old 17th January 2021, 14:03   #2514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Hi all!

This morning I went out for a short ride and just as I was returning the clutch began slipping (I think). When I wrung the throttle from at about 2K or 3K RPM the engine would rev above 5K RPM, giving zero power and then fall back to around 4K and then I would get power.

This mainly happened in 3rd gear. I came back home and put it on the mainstand and tried replicating it but couldn't do so.

Please advise. Thanks!
Loosen your clutch cable a bit (by turning the cable adjuster near the clutch lever). In winters the cable tends to shorten a bit and that can prevent full clutch engagement. Give the clutch a little play so that the disengagement starts after a movement of 10mm of the clutch lever. Also lubricate the clutch cable with a bit of wd40 to make sure it is not getting stuck anywhere.

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th January 2021 at 14:04.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 20:17   #2515
BHPian

I got the first service (500 km) done for my baker express 2 weeks back. I just casually checked the oil level today and found that it is above max level. ( checked after placing the bike on centre stand post 10 mins of 5 km ride)

Should I visit the service centre and get the oil level reduced ? Or do they purposely over fill it considering that it will reduce over time? Attaching the pic of my oil level window ( apologies, the engine was dirty after ride )
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-018a0044d7c742d1b23f8d274be9bee6.jpeg  

Sushil.H is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 20:25   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil.H View Post
I got the first service (500 km) ...
...checked the oil level today and found that it is above max level. ( checked after placing the bike on centre stand post 10 mins of 5 km ride)

Should I visit the service centre and get the oil level reduced ? Or do they purposely over fill it considering that it will reduce over time.
Ideally it should be between max and min level.
The level will not drop in a couple of days and then stay within the recommended level. Modern engines do not burn through that much oil. Not even between full service intervals. Oil may get dirty, but consumption is not much.
Better to call them and try to get some sense on why they filled it up that much.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 21:33   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Should I visit the service centre and get the oil level reduced ? Or do they purposely over fill it considering that it will reduce over time?
As a first step, it is good to refer the manual which is given along with bike, details will be available in it for sure. If it is not mentioned as full, then you need to make arrangements to level the oil.

A near by local mechanic can also do this job, if in case the service center is too far from your location.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 07:00   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I visit the service centre and get the oil level reduced ?
Yes.

Here's what the level looks like on my bike after the first oil change and odo at ~1900km. Oil change, first inspection was done at ~800km mark.

Cold engine
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210118_133648.jpg
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210118_133713.jpg

Engine running. No oil visible.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210118_133808.jpg

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 18th January 2021 at 07:03.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 12:06   #2519
BHPian

Follow this procedure, as recommended by RE:

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 14:30   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Loosen your clutch cable a bit (by turning the cable adjuster near the clutch lever). In winters the cable tends to shorten a bit and that can prevent full clutch engagement. Give the clutch a little play so that the disengagement starts after a movement of 10mm of the clutch lever. Also lubricate the clutch cable with a bit of wd40 to make sure it is not getting stuck anywhere.
Thank you so much!

I loosened the clutch cable and things went back to normal.

I feel this was because one of the clasps used to fasten the cable to the frame was not put in place after the previous service and I had put it back a few days ago. This may have tightened the cable and caused the clutch to slip.

Thanks again!

Here's a pic of hers from yesterday.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210116_113543_103.jpg
adwaith is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks