Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2021, 19:09   #2686
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Just check the waiting area in your SVC. You will find the details of the escalations mechanism and the contact number of service head for the region. Just contact that person. Also send an email with your details to their customer care. Things will get quickly sorted out after that.
Thanks Neil

Did not find any such notice at the SVC. Asked for details of the complaints procedure. Was told it was to talk with the Service Manager. Talked with the Service Manager who did not readily understand my complaint (language problem?). Will email him with the unfulfilled warranty claim and several other issues and update here.
Old 14th March 2021, 21:51   #2687
BHPian

RE has come on top as best manufacturer on the basis of the engine oil test done on the Twins.

setuniket is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 23:41   #2688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
RE has come on top as best manufacturer on the basis of the engine oil test done on the Twins.

https://Youtu.be/9GAUo8eUXeU
Kudos to RE! We should be proud.

Thanks for a great video. F9 is one of my favorites. Top notch content and insane production values. He sneaks in sarcastic quips subtly and I can't stop laughing. One of the gems "Harley Davidson tolerances are measured in feet..."
amol4184 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:12   #2689
Senior - BHPian

2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 bookings commence

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-smartselect_20210322111016_chrome.jpg

It will be available in 2 new single tone colours – Canyon Red and Ventura Blue – and 2 new dual tone colours – Downtown Drag and Sunset Strip

Enfield has updated the chrome version of the bike by introducing the Mark Two, which it says is an ode to the original Interceptor 750.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:42   #2690
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice, will switch my booking from Baker express to Downtown Drag, it will match my existing Rev'it Green Jacket and Green MT helmet perfectly
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:08   #2691
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 RE Interceptor 650 & GT650 Launched From Rs. 3.17 L To Rs. 3.58 L

Quote:
The Interceptor 650 also gets blacked-out rims and mudguards in the single-tone colour options now, which was previously limited to the dual-tone colours, with the exception of Orange Crush. Alloy wheels and Tripper navigation aren’t offered on the RE 650 Twins, however, the manufacturer will be offering them as official accessories very soon.
The new colors are now updated on royal Enfield website

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/m...s/interceptor/

Canyon Red
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-canyon-red.png

Downtown Drag
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-downtown-drag.png

Mark 2
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-mark-2.png

Sunset Strip
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-sunset-strip.png

Ventura Blue
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-ventura-blue.png

New Continental Colors

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/m...ontinental-gt/

British Racing Green
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-brg-gt650.png

Rocker Red
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-rocker-red-gt650.png

Ventura Storm
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-ventura-storm-gt650.png

Dux Deluxe
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-dux-deluxe.png

Basically in typical RE fashion just new colors, and nothing else. Was expecting them to atleast integrate Tripper Navigation, and come up with alloy model as an option. Guess continue to wait for the accessory to launch by end of the year.

Last edited by AtheK : 22nd March 2021 at 16:24.
AtheK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:38   #2692
BHPian

Royal Enfield's expertise only lies in paint schemes, when it comes to updating the motorcycles. Same was seen in case of recently launched Himalayan as well. While Himalayan got the Tripper pod from factory (which looks like a local mechanic job), the continental twins are even devoid of that.
Customers and reviewers have mentioned that suspension, seat, lighting and tubeless rims are required to make this bike enjoyable and complete.
Customers would have happily paid for these meaningful updates rather than price hike in the aid of new colour schemes.
PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:48   #2693
BHPian

I must say I am rather disappointed with this update. I was really expecting RE to include tripper navigation with the 650 twins. Heck, even the cheaper Himalayan gets it. Also, RE should have launched alloy wheels as an option. New colors look great, especially the Rocker Red on the GT and the Sunset Strip on the Interceptor, but the fact that Royal Enfield did not address some of the minor yet disturbing flaws is disappointing.

Interceptor owners, is there any possibility of retrofitting the Meteor's speedometer on the Interceptor? Would like to see a DIY of the same if possible.

Last edited by saikishor : 22nd March 2021 at 16:52.
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:43   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
2021 RE Interceptor 650 & GT650 Launched From Rs. 3.17 L To Rs. 3.58 L

Basically in typical RE fashion just new colors, and nothing else. Was expecting them to atleast integrate Tripper Navigation, and come up with alloy model as an option. Guess continue to wait for the accessory to launch by end of the year.
Can someone confirm if the ergonomic niggles in previous version are fixed now?
I am planning to buy one and not too much concerned about new features. 650 twins were solid right from the beginning and that is a rare achievement for any manufacturer.
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:33   #2695
BHPian

What a terrible disappointment. Even all dealers were confirmed that trip navigator is confirmed. But RE is more interested in adding new colours and Touring seat version 2. That's it.
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:48   #2696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10_nag View Post
No other changes than the colours.
In the last 1 year of ownership I have learnt to adapt to the rider footpegs, and installed a handlebar riser, not a huge deal for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Touring seat version 2.
Any news how does this seat compare to the previous version sir.

Last edited by The Great : 22nd March 2021 at 18:49.
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:49   #2697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
What a terrible disappointment. Even all dealers were confirmed that trip navigator is confirmed. But RE is more interested in adding new colours and Touring seat version 2. That's it.
And to add to it you have to pay more for new colors and touring seat version 2 is an accessory and not a standard fitment. The price hike would have made sense if they had trip navigator or atleast made some basic changes to make ride comfortable for pillion. The prices just keep rising for everything in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10_nag View Post
I am planning to buy one and not too much concerned about new features. 650 twins were solid right from the beginning and that is a rare achievement for any manufacturer.
Don't think anything has changed except the colors.
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:24   #2698
BHPian

I for one would really love an Interceptor in red colour. But from the picture it doesn't look too different from an orange crush? Maybe in real life it would look better.
And I agree with others. For a two year old flagship bike REs updates are just dismal. Have been waiting for an alloy wheel upgrade like ever since.
corvus corax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:43   #2699
BHPian

Ok. If I can read RE's think tank minds, they will give all these alloys, trip navigator, etc in their much anticipated cruiser version as default to position it as "premium" in their 650 stable. If the market is not going to treat it as RE expects, we can immediately see a "all new accessories" launched for GT and INT . Or worst case these could be surprise offerings during navarathri or deepavali. Why give more and decrease ROI when things are going fine?
Balaji31582 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:49   #2700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Ok. If I can read RE's think tank minds, they will give all these alloys, trip navigator, etc in their much anticipated cruiser version as default to position it as "premium" in their 650 stable. If the market is not going to treat it as RE expects, we can immediately see a "all new accessories" launched for GT and INT . Or worst case these could be surprise offerings during navarathri or deepavali. Why give more and decrease ROI when things are going fine?
Seeing how much engineering in product design actually goes into RE, except the engine anything else they introduce should be an easy retrofit. Just that the fact that you can get it company fit just makes the deal sweeter, though the chance of that falling off the bike is much higher then the retrofit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks