Grid 7 customs -

https://gaadiwaadi.com/performance-e...grid7-customs/

Red Rooster -

https://www.cartoq.com/royal-enfield...st-roar-video/
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 06:25   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

A neighbour got delivery of his GT in white. This is in Bangalore. It is my personal opinion that this bike has a better road presence than the ubiquitous Interceptor in Orange. Spot a few every day. I had requested RE if the Interceptor handlebar will be fitted to GT on delivery, yet to hear from them.

On Interceptor, I want to see the special colour options ON ROAD in White - and the Red one looks smashing, indeed! Do you know of anyone who got delivery of a 'non-orange Interceptor'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The noise (Exhaust modifications) surely has started
Old 10th January 2019, 10:59   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
A neighbour got delivery of his GT in white. This is in Bangalore. It is my personal opinion that this bike has a better road presence than the ubiquitous Interceptor in Orange. Spot a few every day. I had requested RE if the Interceptor handlebar will be fitted to GT on delivery, yet to hear from them.

On Interceptor, I want to see the special colour options ON ROAD in White - and the Red one looks smashing, indeed! Do you know of anyone who got delivery of a 'non-orange Interceptor'?
The story I hear from the guys in the showroom is that the custom paint schemes for the I650 we're going into production (he means the automated painting process of the assembly line) only in Jan 2019. And any bikes out there on road are the ones put together for test rides/media promotions.

But then there are also pics like these out there in the wild. Not sure what to make of it all ...
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1547098055578.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1547098067226.jpg  

ianuoui is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 11:36   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is my personal opinion that this bike has a better road presence.
I so agree with you on this, the photographs don't do justice to the presence of this bike. It looks so much better in person. There was this Ice Queen GT displayed at showroom. Interceptor looks pretty pedestrian in front of GT.

If the handlebar option from Interceptor become feasible then my choice would be Ice Queen white GT only.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th January 2019 at 11:42.
Old 10th January 2019, 11:43   #275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
If the handlebar option from Interceptor become feasible then my choice would be Ice Queen white GT only.
Believe you need to change everything from the triple clamp (including) upwards, except the mirrors and switchgear ofcourse.

More importantly - won't it be an awkward stance? Footpegs are set very rearset for a tall handlebar position.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th January 2019 at 12:35.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 11:47   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianuoui View Post
The story I hear from the guys in the showroom is that the custom paint schemes for the I650 we're going into production (he means the automated painting process of the assembly line) only in Jan 2019. And any bikes out there on road are the ones put together for test rides/media promotions.

But then there are also pics like these out there in the wild. Not sure what to make of it all ...
The first pic of the Baker Express, I found on Instagram, and that person has taken delivery of the bike in December last year, and claims to be the first Baker Express colour on road - quite possible actually. But he has also posted a picture of an Interceptor with a blank and completely white fuel tank - which means the red coloured portion is just a sticker - much like the Royal Enfield logo on the tank.
Old 10th January 2019, 11:55   #277
BHPian

Quote:

I Loved the baker-express colour, but not sure if the black rims will withstand abuse from removal of tyre/ tube for puncture fixes. I had to choose a non-custom colour, only for the standard aluminium rims!
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 12:34   #278
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why a white bike is called Baker Express? I was actually expecting to see brown. Having seen the white GT, I think the Interceptor will look dashing in this colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The first pic of the Baker Express
Old 10th January 2019, 13:42   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Believe you need to change everything from the triple clamp (including) upwards, except the mirrors and switchgear ofcourse.

More importantly - won't it be an awkward stance? Footpegs are set very rearset for a tall handlebar position.

Last week I saw a GT535 modified to have "normal" handlerbar and everything "as is". Old GT position was more committed than 650, nonetheless the bike seems very comfortable with "normal" handlerbar.

Yes the change calls for lot of changes, but they would be bolt on replacement from interceptor as there is possibly no change in the chassis and steering angle.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:06   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Last week I saw a GT535 modified to have "normal" handlerbar and everything "as is". Old GT position was more committed than 650, nonetheless the bike seems very comfortable with "normal" handlerbar.

Yes the change calls for lot of changes, but they would be bolt on replacement from interceptor as there is possibly no change in the chassis and steering angle.

-Pramod
Could be an INT with a GT tank. Much simpler, I would think.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:17   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Could be an INT with a GT tank. Much simpler, I would think.
Yes, modifying the handlebar alone on the GT 650 will mess up the ergonomics, as the foot pegs would still be rear set. So the better option is to get the Interceptor and then swap the GT's fuel tank. Of course if the pump can be retained, it should not be a very expensive exercise either.
Old 10th January 2019, 14:59   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

In my opinion the best part of the GT650 is the ergonomics and the resultant handling characteristics. If the clip on is raised or replaced with Interceptor's , it would just take the fun away.
Old 10th January 2019, 19:42   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The first pic of the Baker Express, I found on Instagram, and that person has taken delivery of the bike in December last year, and claims to be the first Baker Express colour on road - quite possible actually. But he has also posted a picture of an Interceptor with a blank and completely white fuel tank - which means the red coloured portion is just a sticker - much like the Royal Enfield logo on the tank.
True! This pic off of Instagram. Saw the other pic you speak of and was wondering the same too. But dismissed that thought cos that would mean he must have painted the headlight bucket, fork lowers, rims, hubs too much trouble for just bragging rights no?

Quote:
Any idea why a white bike is called Baker Express? I was actually expecting to see brown. Having seen the white GT, I think the Interceptor will look dashing in this colour.
Some of the names of the color schemes were after the team members who worked on the bike apparently (this made me so happy when i first learnt about it! sooper cool isn't it?).

Baker express - Mike Baker (Chassis Engineer?)
Ravishing red - Ravi

etc

Details in the following video at around 11:30 and onwards

Last edited by ampere : 10th January 2019 at 20:40. Reason: back to back posts merged
ianuoui is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 00:29   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
I read elsewhere that RE is not looking to launch/sell the S&S exhausts for the twins here in India! Is this confirmed? What could be the reason for this?
Anyone has info on this?
Old 11th January 2019, 01:55   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The noise (Exhaust modifications) surely has started -

Grid 7 customs -

https://gaadiwaadi.com/performance-e...grid7-customs/

Red Rooster -

https://www.cartoq.com/royal-enfield...st-roar-video/
OT:
Congrats CD for being promoted as a Moderator

Hope to see more bike official reviews now!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed