Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 21:00   #2881
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
The heat on the exhausts is not too much, obviously hot to touch but not as hot as the stock ones. I am running a setup without the extended tips but with the baffles.

Recently noticed a funny thing - the growler has some kind of a frequency which affects the dogs! I see stray dogs immediately on the alert and looking out for the source of the sound! No one has followed me yet but they do get annoyed!
Thanks for your feedback. Running them on short runs to keep the internals and battery in order. I'm running them with the extended tips and did a few runs without as well. Of course with the baffles in. Else they'll wake up the neighbours down the road as well

I have noticed this too, dogs seem to go on alert after hearing this and immediately start chasing. Maybe most of the strays now are bored since not many vehicles plying on the road, so chasing anything and everything in sight. But I have not noticed this with the bullet standard or the Ather only the GT with the Growlers. So you maybe on to something here.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 04:24   #2882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Has anyone faced the issue of the side stand sensor going faulty?
I would give the local mechanic a shot. Just make it clear that he is not to meddle with any other part of the bike. Clean the sensor and put it back. You can try diy too.

Alternatively, if that sensor switch is cheap to replace, you might as well do that. You'll waste more time trying to remedy the switch with a service center that isn't capable of handling it. I'd write to RE about this. Something as simple as this should be replaced, if the bike is under warranty.

No. I have not faced this issue.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 8th June 2021 at 04:25.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 07:47   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone faced the issue of the side stand sensor going faulty? I have been facing this lately since last week and the issue keeps coming and going without any set pattern. Ironically every time I decide to get the bike out to the service center, the sensor goes
Anyone faced this issue on their Interceptor/GT?

Edit: The faulty sensor disables the bike even when the side stand is up, so the bike just stops running when put in gear.
Yes Ninjatalli, I faced this irritating situation very early into my ownership. Fortunately the RSA guy decided to come down have a look before sending a tow. It was a small tweak at the sensor switch and the bike was back. I haven’t felt it again. But I have decided if it happens again, I will switch the sensor to an industrial grade proximity sensor with matching matching DC voltage. Need to look up the specs of the sensor.
This is a fairly simple sensor and should be a no fuss job since this exact tech is used widely in the industry.
Old 14th June 2021, 10:07   #2884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Yes Ninjatalli, I faced this irritating situation very early into my ownership. Fortunately the RSA guy decided to come down have a look before sending a tow. It was a small tweak at the sensor switch and the bike was back. I haven’t felt it again. But I have decided if it happens again, I will switch the sensor to an industrial grade proximity sensor with matching matching DC voltage. Need to look up the specs of the sensor.
This is a fairly simple sensor and should be a no fuss job since this exact tech is used widely in the industry.
I got the bike towed to the service center. Turned out the wire connecting to the sensor was torn/chewed off. Had it replaced at my cost.

Also there seems to be a severe shortage of Interceptor parts across Mumbai service centers.
- My bike was serviced a month ago and they didn't have (front) brake pads even though I had been inquiring on it for nearly 3-4 months.
- Same goes for the sensor - they had to hold the bike for a day to get the sensor from a different center.
- I had been looking to get the RE sump guard since last 6+ months (somehow never got around looking outside the market). They finally could get the part last month only.
Old 14th June 2021, 20:58   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
I got the bike towed to the service center. Turned out the wire connecting to the sensor was torn/chewed off. Had it replaced at my cost.

Also there seems to be a severe shortage of Interceptor parts across Mumbai service centers.
- My bike was serviced a month ago and they didn't have (front) brake pads even though I had been inquiring on it for nearly 3-4 months.
- Same goes for the sensor - they had to hold the bike for a day to get the sensor from a different center.
- I had been looking to get the RE sump guard since last 6+ months (somehow never got around looking outside the market). They finally could get the part last month only.
These are all lockdown impacted shortages because majorly automotive spare manufacturers are located in Maharashtra & TN. With the lockdowns slowly disappearing, let us hope to have better times soon.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 16:43   #2886
BHPian

Hi all, so after keeping the bike unused for almosr 2 long months due to the lockdown in Mumbai finally took the Inty out for a bun Maska chai ride to Ahura (a famous breakfast location 120km away from Mumbai) I felt like a kid who had fallen in love all over again even after clocking almost 23k kilometers with the bike it doesn’t fail to put a smile on your face. The ride was to be with a group but due to heavy rains in Mumbai everyone chickened out. I was also a bit skeptical about it but my excitement got the better of me and I decided to ride solo in the rains! Man I missed riding for one and in the rains is a completely different experience! What can I even say. Surprisingly finished the ride without much of a fatigue and could do it on one go. Looks like the home workouts have paid some dividends over the course of time! Hahaha.
Cannot wait to start doing the longer rides more. And to top it all the amazing feeling of washing the dirt and muck off from the motorcycle post the ride!
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-c704f741484343b4985c71b270cec2d8.jpeg
BikeDevil44 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 01:07   #2887
BHPian

Quote:

Also there seems to be a severe shortage of the sensor from a different center.
You can look at the sump guard made by MK Design in case the OEM one hasn't been purchased yet.
Old 25th June 2021, 21:55   #2888
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Anyone with Trip machine company’s leather seats? Any feedback.. especially after the rains? Is it worth this 11K?
Old 27th June 2021, 13:16   #2889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Hi

Anyone with Trip machine company’s leather seats? Any feedback.. especially after the rains? Is it worth this 11K?
It depends on what you consider worth it. AFAI have seen, their products are made very well and will last. Can't comment on the seat yet, but you can look at alternative options like a seat cover offered by Raw&Rugged Leather co. Easy to fit on stock seat and looks really fab.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210615_213316_bokeh.jpg  

MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 15:27   #2890
BHPian

Tripmachine Seat for the INT 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Hi

I pre ordered it 2 months back and its currently in transit. I had asked about its water wading capabilities on whatsapp to their consumer care and they responded saying there should be no water seepage into the cushioning or any lasting damage for the first 90 mins.

I will however not be using it in the rains or while washing it. Will stick to the Touring seat of the Interceptor till the monsoons end before giving it a go.
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 08:37   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Interceptor owners, please help.

I'm pretty close to picking up a used Inteeceptor. Everything about the bike felt good except that it didn't handle very well. Exact problem- the bike had a very high effort steering and felt like it didn't want to corner. It wanted to stand up mid turn and I had to constantly apply pressure to maintain even a moderate lean angle

I understand that something as simple as tyre pressure may be the culprit here, but want to check with the owners if anyone has faced similar issues and if yes, what was the remedy

The bike was generally in pretty good nick otherwise and had done 5500 kms. The tyres (pirelli sport comps) had plenty of tread left
Old 29th June 2021, 09:00   #2892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Everything about the bike felt good except that it didn't handle very well. Exact problem- the bike had a very high effort steering and felt like it didn't want to corner. It wanted to stand up mid turn and I had to constantly apply pressure to maintain even a moderate lean angle
Not an Interceptor owner (Himalayan) though but can advise you to check on two things-
1- Tyre pressure and condition, tyres with low pressure tend to screw the handling, check for uneven wear.
2- Conset bearing/tightness- Place the bike on centre stand, press the rear seat down to lift the front end up, rotate/tilt the handlebar and check if the movement is free. If the movement is not free the bearing nut is either tightened way more than the required set value or the bearings need attention.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 09:23   #2893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Interceptor owners, please help.

I'm pretty close to picking up a used Inteeceptor. Everything about the bike felt good except that it didn't handle very well. Exact problem- the bike had a very high effort steering and felt like it didn't want to corner. It wanted to stand up mid turn and I had to constantly apply pressure to maintain even a moderate lean angle

I understand that something as simple as tyre pressure may be the culprit here, but want to check with the owners if anyone has faced similar issues and if yes, what was the remedy
To be honest, can't really comment unless tried it in person vis-a-vis another interceptor.

But no, the bike is very comfortable in steering and effortless in steering inspite of tire pressure. I have driven it on low pressure a few times and the only constraints/differences seen was riding quality over any kind of roads.

I'd suggest two easy checks:
- fill up the air and try again (to rule out that aspect)
- do a TD of anyone else with an Interceptor. Hit a RE showroom if you don't get anyone in your circles to get a TD. Push for a long one just to be sure.

And why aren't you getting the bike checked from a good RE mechanic or the nearest service center if you have doubts?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 09:45   #2894
BANNED

Quote:
Exact problem- the bike had a very high effort steering and felt like it didn't want to corner. It wanted to stand up mid turn and I had to constantly apply pressure to maintain even a moderate lean angle
This is the textbook symptom of a bent/misaligned fork.

Pretty hard to miss cause the motorcycle kicks back when you give counter steering input.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 14:47   #2895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
2- Conset bearing/tightness- Place the bike on centre stand, press the rear seat down to lift the front end up, rotate/tilt the handlebar and check if the movement is free. If the movement is not free the bearing nut is either tightened way more than the required set value or the bearings need attention.
+1
I'm a Himalayan owner too. If cone set bearing nut is set too tight, the bike becomes hard to steer. Could be a similar issue here too.

So far none of the SVCs have determined it to be an issue with a bent/misaligned fork, which isn't to say that it may not be the case, however, I have heard of the cone set issue plenty.
shyamg28 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed