Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 11:31   #3046
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Thanks! Yeah the price is suspiciously low, other booster plugs I've seen are alone over 10k. Can't find any user reviews for this setup either.
Old 27th August 2021, 20:24   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Has anyone tried out the Way2Speed ... snorkel delete ...
No but the design is similar to MK's and the filter shape similar to BMC's so the screws will not lock by tightening hard. More at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/204505-ridden-royal-enfield-interceptor-650-continental-gt-650-twin-189.html#post5055101 (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)
catkins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 22:07   #3048
BANNED

Quote:
Has anyone tried out the Way2Speed filter, snorkel delete, and booster plug combo? Seems to be well priced at 7350 bucks, when filters alone from DNA/BMC are at around 6k.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS6r7n-JOG1/
Seriously dude, is this for real?

For someone who does a lot of reading and investigation I honestly am surprised or rather shocked to see such a query, unless I'm wrong you would know better than to trust these brands that are out to make a quick buck.

Keep the motorcycle stock.

P.S. I would be more than glad to be proven wrong.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 04:43   #3049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
Went to check on the bike after two weeks of rain here in Mumbai and found significant amounts of rust
Don't worry about the disc brake. That is surface rust and will go away once you use the bike.

As for the exhaust crowns and lack of shine on the engine case, I am going through the same problem. I am less worried about the engine case. In 9 months of owning the bike, I had left the bike out in the rain just once and made the mistake of not wiping it down when I put it in the garage. This one instance was all that was needed and the crown and small areas around the muffler had rust. I did spray some WD40 and had the bike rest for some time which seemed to have taken away the rust. I did not scrub it with sand paper.

Bombay is a different story. The weather is exactly like Kerala. High moisture and salt content in the air is like a friend for rust. There is little you can do really. You'll have to do the usual greasing of the bike and take it off once the rainy season is over.

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah the price is suspiciously low, other booster plugs I've seen are alone over 10k. Can't find any user reviews for this setup either.
Your tone does not suggest you're being sarcastic . I repeat, its more likely to be a fraud product and the asking price is way too much. The lack of a review is enough evidence that you should avoid it. Even if there is a review, we can a safely assume its a fake one.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th August 2021 at 04:47.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 09:12   #3050
BHPian

Off late I've had this happen more than a couple of times. The bike slots into 6th gear but a few seconds later jumps into a false neutral, anyone else face this?
Old 28th August 2021, 15:16   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Everyone seems to be singing praises of how good the 650 twins are but there are so many, many on this thread who have so much to complain about. The charm of the age old Royal Enfield’s regarding making friends with your mechanic or service centre still seem to be ringing true maybe less, but still there.

So many niggles (if you want to call it that), rusting issues in brand new/almost new bikes is just not acceptable. I would steer clear of Royal Enfield completely, who wants to pay and have a nuisance all the time. One always gets what one pays for, good or great quality (in anything) just cannot be attained with low or reasonable cost.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 28th August 2021 at 15:17.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 07:43   #3052
BHPian

@Cyborg, niggles is a part of the RE learning curve and they have come along a long long way. The 650 twins are in no way less than any international motorcycle available in India w.r.t. the price point. It is huge bang for buck. And the niggles which are there, I’m sure when you go through the various threads on various motorcycle reviews, you shall find equal no. of niggle reports across the bike spectrum.
I had owned a 2010 TBTS and had given up on it around 2015 exactly due to too many niggles, and had sort of vowed not to buy an RE again. And two years since the twins were launched, based on various reviews and real advise from friends I came back and this 650 from RE is a completely different breed all together. The twins have infused a new thought process of quality oriented products to RE, and you can already see this tickling into next products such as the Meteor.
arpanjha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:12   #3053
BHPian

Hello hello hello,

Wow lots of action here I see. I've been on and off riding the past few months due to the obvious elephant in the room #covid. But I utilised this time to tinker with various aspects of the bike and make it a little bit better here and there.

I went for a ride to the hills and back this weekend, a total of 750 km were covered and here is my report on the various mods I did
  • Grip Puppies: The most useless and unnecessary mod in my opinion. I put them on at the beginning of this year and have done mostly city rides and 1 short weekend ride for about 300 km. I always felt this is too thick and hardly solves any problem. In fact, when I returned home after the 750 km round trip, I knew these grips will have to be removed. It causes immense pain on the thumbs and aches the wrists.
  • Front Pre-load adjusters: Now where do I begin to thank the makers of these bad boys, the guides - Neil Jericho and Man_of_steel, my luck . These have transformed my bike to such a degree, it's unrecognizable from its past self. I always had complaints about the front end being too vague and too wallowy and I posted few pages back asking for solutions. Thanks to Neil Jericho's sound advice, I went with Mash Auto's pre-load adjusters and tuned it following Man_of_steel's specification. A little bit of hit and trial got me to what I currently believe to be the sweet spot, there may still be scope for improvement. Needless to go into details of how I tuned the settings because they have been much better elaborated in earlier posts by man_of_steel. I do want to share my experience with it now. The front end does not have the vague feeling anymore and corner-carving is such an immensely rewarding experience now with proper feedback coming in. To my surprise braking also feels much more direct. And potholes and gravel roads are handled with much more grace. This interceptor is not the same anymore and I couldn't be happier. The wobble hasn't gone completely but it exists only at around 80 kmph speed, not below it like earlier. Perhaps more tinkering, tyre change, and fork oil change may sort that out but I am not in a hurry.
  • Leather seat covers: I ordered these front Raw and Rugged Leather and man that has made such an amazing difference to the ride quality. It's made of good quality leather, has got slight padding in them, and when I hop on the bike with all the above changes, I get a very plush ride experience. Case in point - when we reached our destination this weekend after a 380 km ride through heat, river crossing, rain, mud, gravel, and whatever nature could throw at us, I was absolutely fresh. No aches in the rear, no pain in the low or mid-back, while my fellow riders were complaining of aches everywhere. So full marks to the seat and the front suspension mod
  • Revised handlebars: I believe I have mentioned this in my earlier posts but perhaps it's worth repeating. I swapped stock handlebars with Himalayan stock ones and put 1-inch risers from MK Designs. That really gives this bike a Street Scambler-style riding stance and helps keep weight off the wrists. From a pure vanity point of view the bike looks different from other stock bikes, who wouldn't like that haha.

So there goes my short description, hopefully, this helps you folks looking to improve your experience as well. Happy riding.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20210830_063909891.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20210830_072751887.jpg

Last edited by shabih : 2nd September 2021 at 15:19.
shabih is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:32   #3054
Distinguished - BHPian

Some real good updates coming here, good to see so many changes coming through.

At my end I am still hung up on Aesthetics and now with that almost done, I will now start moving towards making ride related changes. Bike though has still only done 1200 Kms, and I am still getting the hang of it, gremlins not included. The Engine Oil Light issue was such a pain and I am happy it is over now. The visual mods that I wanted done are almost over, so next is to tune suspension and start setting up the bike to my liking. Below are few of mods done by me recently, in addition to the one done before.

1. Got a cowl and GT650 premium Stock Seat for RE. Gives the bike a lot of character.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210901_165618.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210901_165547.jpg

2. Swapped the Stock Exhaust with TE101 Mild chrome, Ideally I would have wanted to get the Stainless Steel version, but wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible, and these do a great job of the same, reducing the weight of the bike by around 6 Kgs in the process. They sound really good, and area almost stock like on low RPM's, miss the joint cover though, will need to get something fabricated to hide it.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210902_151001.jpg

3. Added Heel extension from MK design, So missus does not get to step on Exhaust.

4. Added the handle bar raiser from MK design for a more relaxed driving posture.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210902_151039.jpg

5. Have installed the RE clamp on the handle bar, looks nice.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210902_151059.jpg

6. Installed Simtac LED's all around for indicators with Flash X, finally have the missing Hazard light functionality.

7. Got a Guardian Gears Tank bag for small runs.

8. Got the RE cover after it was finally back in stock.

9. Also did air filter delete and added an MK design air filter delete plate.

10. Painted the Heel Guard and Intake covers Black, these are my first steps to Dechrome the bike completely in next few months. These will also be powder coated later.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210831_175633.jpg

Did some soft off-roading and had some fun, with the initial gremlins taken care of, the bike is now really behaving well, and this does put a smile on your face when it works perfectly. The engine and gear combo is a gem, and kudos to RE for getting this almost point perfect, wish it had gear indicators, as I always find myself riding on 5th gear thinking this is the final gear.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210829_164607.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210829_164335.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210829_162910.jpg

Upcoming Mods.

1. Work on tuning the Suspension, above information is great will experiment a bit with the same.
2. Swap the handle bar with Himalayan Handle bar.
3. Switch to Touring Mirrors (I already procured them) from the bar end mirrors.
4. Install the Himalayan Hand Guard (Need to check if that will fit)
5. Procure 37L Shad top box to place helmet when doing two up riding, and carry small stuff along.
6. Install Himalayan Windshield, I have already procured the clamp from MK design, the windshield though is out of stock almost everywhere.

The modding potential of this bike is humongous and I am guessing I will continue adding parts to it for quite sometime. Overall this is a great job by RE, all they need to do now is to somehow make there electricals work better.

Last edited by AtheK : 2nd September 2021 at 22:43.
AtheK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:00   #3055
BHPian

Hi members, its been almost six months that I had booked the interceptor 650 (March 27th). There had been no communications either from the dealership or the company for the following three months. Upon calling the dealership after that, they asked me to get in touch with the regional sales head. He told me that there is an issue with that particular branch in terms of interceptor bookings (CVS motors, palace road, Bangalore), and to make a new booking at a different branch (CVS motors, Kalyan nagar). I went ahead and made the 2nd booking at the said branch in the month of July.

However now it's the same story again. Neither the dealership, nor the sales head is able to give a timeline for delivery. Most of the times, my calls go unanswered. I raised a ticket with them on RE's toll free number, the screenshot of which I have attached below along with both the booking receipts. Post this I get a call where they say they have escalated the issue. However I am pretty sure that the bike will not be delivered even in this month and hence I am having second thoughts on buying the interceptor 650.

Also looking at the complaints especially the wobble and the front suspension bottoming out, I feel like cancelling both the bookings and going for another bike altogether. However, before deciding, I wanted to put these points in the forum looking for suggestions as to what would be the next best course of action.

I love the bike, the way it rides and definitely the looks, but these delays are really irritating and ill have to wait for another 3 months in case i book at another dealership. Right now, both bookings are with CVS motors, albeit different branches. Also, the wobble is something that I haven't observed on my friend's bike but there seem to be multitudes of cases online and hence the cold feet. Am looking at adventure 390 or Dominar as alternatives. Suggestions would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20210902120642.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20210902120626.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20210902120305.jpg  

abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:11   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
4. Added the handle bar raiser from MK design for a more relaxed driving posture.

Attachment 2201804
You do realize the risers are mounted wrongly right?
iamgyan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:12   #3057
Distinguished - BHPian

That is indeed pretty bad, this delay in fulfilling orders is really a concern, I presume since they already have enough customers, CVS is acting this way, which is absolutely unethical. I am though surprised at RE Customer care response, usually they are very quick to respond.

My suggestion would be to cancel both the bookings and book it through MiY app (You can't cancel this), lot of people have reported getting bikes faster this way, and also this way you will have company to contact directly in case of delays. You can also customize it upfront and get all accessories installed right on day one. Other option is to book via company showroom in Jayanagar, they are usually pretty responsive as well. I understand it is painful to wait so long, and hopefully you have your bike sooner rather then later.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:16   #3058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
You do realize the risers are mounted wrongly right?
Is it, this was done by RE guys, and i did not pay much attention, but then not that they are perfect, should they be upside down?
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:21   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Is it, this was done by RE guys, and i did not pay much attention, but then not that they are perfect, should they be upside down?
They should be below the bottom bracket on which the handlebar is resting for handlebars to move towards you, or higher. In their current position, the handlebar position with reference to rider hasn't changed.
iamgyan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:25   #3060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
They should be below the bottom bracket on which the handlebar is resting for handlebars to move towards you, or higher. In their current position, the handlebar position with reference to rider hasn't changed.
Oh ya, you are absolutely right my bad, I told them to do it this way. Stupid me. Will fix it tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks