Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 16:13   #3121
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
I'm only aware of this UK product that has longer cable clearly mentioned.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorc...Throttle/42368

Is it possible that the SVC people fit a GT cable to your Interceptor? As far as I'm aware the Inty throttle cable is slightly longer, the clutch cable certainly is.
Thanks RiderZone

Ordered from Hitchcocks

It's possible that the SVC people did fit GT cables to my Interceptor but the original cables were only just long enough so it will be nice to have Hitchcocks' +7 cm cables anyway
catkins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:22   #3122
BHPian

Can someone please let me know if the second service of Interceptor 650 is at 1 year or at 6months? Due to Covid situation, I did not use the bike at all and I have only finished the first service of 500 kms/3 months way back in April. My bike was purchased on Dec 2020. Thanks for the help.
Old 11th October 2021, 13:34   #3123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Can someone please let me know...Dec 2020. Thanks for the help.
Per owner's manual...
First service is done at 500 Km or 1.5 months whichever comes first
Second service is at 5000 Km or 12 months from date of purchase whichever comes first

So in your case, Dec 2020 was purchase date, ideally the first service should've been before end of Jan 2021 with a mandated engine oil change.
Second service is at 5000 Km or 12 months, which is before Dec 2021

My suggestion would be is to take to RE ASC next minute for oil change & get the first service (or second service however ASC wants to see it) done
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-p1.jpg  

aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 14:14   #3124
BHPian

Having booked in March, there's finally some progress on my canyon red interceptor booking. The bike was allotted to a customer who had opted for custom seats and has now said he doesn't want the delivery due to change in plans. That bike is now in the yard which will be allocated to me. Paid the amount in full excluding the insurance part which ill get it done outside.

However, need help in decoding the chassis number. While there are many sources available on decoding VIN, i couldn't find much for the chassis. Appreciate the help if someone could identify the month of manufacturing from the attached image. Thanks ahead!
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20211011wa0002.jpg  

abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 14:16   #3125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Can someone please let me know if the second service of Interceptor 650 is at 1 year or at 6months? Due to Covid situation, I did not use the bike at all and I have only finished the first service of 500 kms/3 months way back in April. My bike was purchased on Dec 2020. Thanks for the help.
Dec'2021 second servicing (in line with the 12 month manual period) should be just fine. Unless you feel the urge/need to do it earlier especially if your bike hasn't been running well.

I'm assuming they did do the oil change back in April and would not have highlighted any constraints on the late service (given the limited operations at their end too over the last 18 months). Even my 2nd service was done on the 13th month (~1.5 month late) due to covid lockdowns; no issues faced wrt warranty or bike running conditions.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 19:25   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Dec'2021 second servicing (in line with the 12 month manual period) should be just fine. Unless you feel the urge/need to do it earlier especially if your bike hasn't been running well.

I'm assuming they did do the oil change back in April and would not have highlighted any constraints on the late service (given the limited operations at their end too over the last 18 months). Even my 2nd service was done on the 13th month (~1.5 month late) due to covid lockdowns; no issues faced wrt warranty or bike running conditions.
Yes, oil change is already done …thank you both for replying !
Old 13th October 2021, 17:02   #3127
Senior - BHPian

2022 Royal Enfield 650 Twins arriving next week - says MCNews reporting from Australia & New Zealand. Which colors will stay, which ones will leave?

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-2022royalenfieldinterceptor21.jpg

Source: https://www.mcnews.com.au/2022-royal-enfield-650-twins/
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 18:33   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
2022 Royal Enfield 650 Twins arriving next week - says MCNews reporting from Australia & New Zealand. Which colors will stay, which ones will leave?
Feels a bit sudden. Haven't seen any leaks or anything - unlike the cruiser 650s etc.

I hope it's actually a significant update rather than just new paint jobs -- but I don't think it's likely. Feel like this is just some minor refresh to boost international sales.

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 14th October 2021, 08:59   #3129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
2) I always felt the stock clip ons were weird and did not offer the adjustability I wanted, so went ahead and bought the Roadpower Custom clip ons and honestly I am loving it! All I can say is these are an Interceptor owner's worst nightmare.
Thank you for the detailed update. Looks mad now. I was considering clip-ons on my GT and I'm yet to decide between K-Speed & Roadpower. Can you clarify one thing for me please? The stock RE clip ons have a tiny hole to accommodate the protrusion in the engine cut-off switch housing, which prevents it from vibrating & rotating on its own when you pull the throttle. Did you have to drill any holes in the handlebar to accommodate this?

From the pics you've shared, the handle looks longer than the stock one. Can the RE bar-end mirrors be fixed without any noticeable gap between the grip & the mirror base?

Last edited by silentstorm : 14th October 2021 at 09:28.
Old 14th October 2021, 09:39   #3130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingpossum View Post

I hope it's actually a significant update rather than just new paint jobs -
According to article following changes are expected for new bikes in Australia & New Zealand.
Name:  Screenshot Royal Enfield 650 Twins.png
Views: 869
Size:  40.8 KB
jeepster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 09:55   #3131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm View Post
From the pics you've shared, the handle looks longer than the stock one. Can the RE bar-end mirrors be fixed without any noticeable gap between the grip & the mirror base?
Hi, between the Kspeed and Roadpower clip ons, the latter is stepped so the position will not be committed as much as the Kspeed ones. As for the length of the handle I haven't fitted the bar end because I haven't found a way to, so it looks like it is longer than stock and yes I had to drill a hole in the handle to accomodate that protrusion.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 13:59   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
According to article following changes are expected for new bikes in Australia & New Zealand.
I thought those were the BS6 updates? Considering that BS4 ~ Euro4 and BS6 ~ Euro6 ?
Old 16th October 2021, 14:19   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
As for the length of the handle I haven't fitted the bar end because I haven't found a way to, so it looks like it is longer than stock and yes I had to drill a hole in the handle to accomodate that protrusion.
Thanks for your response CarManMotorcycl. Guess I'll put the purchase on hold now as the bar-end mirrors are a must for me. Is it possible to use the RPC clip-on clamps only along with the stock handlebar pipes? If that's possible then my problem is solved.
Old 17th October 2021, 12:37   #3134

Hi Everyone, new user but using the Interceptor 650 for the past 1.5 years. Most of which was lockdown so couldn't go out much. I've always enjoyed the tips and conversations here.

I need some suggestions from experienced people regarding some mods I plan to do.
1. After facing backache due to long rides I finally got the Carbon Racing risers and the difference has been day and night. The posture is very relaxed now and there is no fatigue now.
2. Need to install a proper windshield, Racing carbon has been out of stock for a long time now and I don't think I'll get my hands on them anytime soon. Is the Himalayan windscreen + mounts a good option? Should I look at anything else? Puig is too costly but nothing works out I can go for them.
3. I'm almost convinced of the continental GT premium touring seat, the current seat is bad for long touring and I'm not too keen on aftermarket ones. They seem to work for many people on the FB group. Should I go for it or Sahara seats is still better?
4. Royal Erado black alloys seems to be a good option in the looks + budget category. Should I get them given that I'm planning to do long rides? https://www.amazon.in/ROYAL-ERADO-En...%3AInterceptor

I'd love to hear about any other mods the community recommends. Do these mods make sense?
Old 18th October 2021, 15:19   #3135
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
2. Need to install a proper windshield, Racing carbon has been out of stock for a long time now and I don't think I'll get my hands on them anytime soon. Is the Himalayan windscreen + mounts a good option? Should I look at anything else? Puig is too costly but nothing works out I can go for them.
Some pages back, someone had tried and shared a pic of the meteor windscreen on interceptor. That maybe another option if you are looking at a taller windscreen. Can also check the new Himalayan screen. IMO they look much better than old Himalayan screen.
Quote:
4. Royal Erado black alloys seems to be a good option in the looks + budget category. Should I get them given that I'm planning to do long rides? https://www.amazon.in/ROYAL-ERADO-En...%3AInterceptor
looks heavy and visually chunky. IMO again, it does not suit the retro aesthetics, but if its tried and tested for strength etc, and if tubeless is what you want, you can give it a shot. We have all been waiting for RE alloys, but it looks like only a dream. Personally, i like the spokes look, also tried converting them to tubeless config, but failed on the rear wheel. May try again at the next tyre change.
Quote:
3. I'm almost convinced of the continental GT premium touring seat, the current seat is bad for long touring and I'm not too keen on aftermarket ones. They seem to work for many people on the FB group. Should I go for it or Sahara seats is still better?
Have heard good things on sahara seat, But again, seat is a very personal thing. what suits one may not suit another. See if possible for you test one, or least sit on one, and take a call. You can also get a custom made seat for your liking, if you know what u want from a local seat maker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks