Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 15:11   #3256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Poppings are pretty frequent, specially when you suddenly accelerate and then close the throttle, you can almost always get them. Moment I see some cops I just hold the clutch and glide through, it's been working well till now.

The AEW sound does add a lot of character to the bike though, and I also went with the chrome one to preserve the overall look of the bike and keep it looking close to stock. I requested AEW guys to not etch the logo while placing the order and they obliged.
AtheK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 12:52   #3257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
This is not true, please check Owner's Manual, it's written in it, I had shared earlier. Once new owner's name is updated in vehicle documents you can update the details at RE service center.

Attachment 2247509
Posting again
Thanks! This is good news indeed. The local SVC here has a big board that has among other things a point about warranty that states that the warranty will be void in case of ownership change. Maybe an old board that has not been removed/updated. Since I bought my bike from a good friend of mine, I did not bother to inform the SVC about the ownership change. My friend still gets the messages whenever I drop off my bike for service. I will change the ownership details the next time I visit the centre.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 18:32   #3258
BHPian

Hi Guys, what is the waiting period for interceptor 650 in your respective cities?
I live in Delhi and planning to buy either an interceptor or a himalayan in january next year.
Went to one of the stores and salesman said waiting period is 7-8 months and currently they are not accepting new bookings, which was kind of hard to believe for me.
Old 23rd December 2021, 20:01   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
Hi Guys, what is the waiting period for interceptor 650 in your respective cities?
I live in Delhi and planning to buy either an interceptor or a himalayan in january next year.
Went to one of the stores and salesman said waiting period is 7-8 months and currently they are not accepting new bookings, which was kind of hard to believe for me.
You need to check with multiple dealers. I purchased my bike in Jan this year, and as luck had it one of the dealers had a bike with cancelled booking in stock. Booked on RE app with the same customization and the bike was delivered within a week.
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 20:50   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
You need to check with multiple dealers. I purchased my bike in Jan this year, and as luck had it one of the dealers had a bike with cancelled booking in stock.
The Dealer does have 2 interceptors ready to take home, customer cancelled bookings. But one is mark 2 and other is red color, I like baker express and sunset strip.
Also, I will be able to buy the bike in january only.
Old 24th December 2021, 12:07   #3261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got mine in about a month's time despite dealer stating 2 months verbally & 3 on paper. This was my buying experience from the dealer. 7-8 months for Inty sounds little exaggerated; may be you need to book with multiple dealers in case you're not opting for loan.
aargee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 12:28   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I got mine in about a month's time despite dealer stating 2 months verbally & 3 on paper.
Read your post a few days ago, loved it.
Infact your post made me consider that color as an option for the Inty. Though my heart is still stuck on baker express and sunset strip.

One of the Dealers has an orange and your bike's color ready for delivery, customer cancellations.
I confirmed from them, bikes are november manufactured.

This will be my first new bike purchase so wanted to know, do year end discount negotiations work for bikes too? Since the year is about to end and they have last minute cancellation bikes with them.

Last edited by Aksthedreamer : 25th December 2021 at 12:29. Reason: Added more info
Aksthedreamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 13:17   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact your post made me consider that color as an option for the Inty. Though my heart is still stuck on baker express and sunset strip
Please opt for what you like because every time you see, it makes you want to ride & not remind of me or the thread

Quote:
do year end discount negotiations work for bikes too? Since the year is about to end and they have last minute cancellation bikes with them.
RE & discounts? I doubt boss!! Already their models are selling like hot cakes + there's no direct threat to that segment - Oil cooled 650 cc twin cylinder for that price, maintenance & specification which makes a very unique proposition in the market (may be until Gold star, which is still a single). May be if you take the price & maintenance there's a competition, but for now, huge value proposition & I'm sure dealer might not even consider price negotiation for a Nov 2021 model until Mar 2022 or so. Anyway no harm in trying, take someone who has good negotiation skills please

Many thanks for your kind compliments sir
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 09:41   #3264
BHPian

Quote:
There is a chip shortage hence the delays in delivery, Is what I hear.
Last year, I got my bike in 5 days from booking.
Old 26th December 2021, 18:33   #3265
BHPian

Hello guys, I have a couple of things to ask.

A couple of months ago along with the third annual service the bike's oil was changed. Now some 2.5k kms after I am faced with occassional rough idle, harder gear shifts and intermittent false neutrals. Are these the signs of the oil going bad? If it is, I have zeroed in on using Castrol Power Ultimate, but I am confused whether to go with 10w40 or 10w50 with the former cheaper by a couple of hundred bucks and would apparently deliver better mileage. What are your thoughts?

Also, to the Ralco Speedblaster users, I changed my rear tyre last month and after some 800kms and my first puncture on the bike, I am observing some minor chippings and cracks. Are you observing the same? My daily commute is a mix of good and bad roads with almost a kilometer of it just riddled with stones and gravel. The Pirellis had zero issues though.
I have changed my front tyre today with the same and I am appalled with the handling going for a toss. The bike just leans more than I want! I have only ridden it for some 6kms though. Will it improve with time? I am yet to do the balancing and truing and the fronts are put on in the reverse direction. I am also maintaining the stock tyre pressures. What are your experiences?

Last edited by corvus corax : 26th December 2021 at 18:38.
Old 26th December 2021, 19:52   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
Now some 2.5k kms after I am faced with occassional rough idle, harder gear shifts and intermittent false neutrals. Are these the signs of the oil going bad?
May not be bad, but you'll need to check & top-up, if needed, for every 1000 Km no matter it's Honda or Harley; RE is no exception

Quote:
I am confused whether to go with 10w40 or 10w50
10W50 & 10W50 only - as per Owner's manual

Regarding tires, I don't know, sorry
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 22:20   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have changed my front tyre today with the same and I am appalled with the handling going for a toss. The bike just leans more than I want! I have only ridden it for some 6kms though. Will it improve with time? I am yet to do the balancing and truing and the fronts are put on in the reverse direction. I am also maintaining the stock tyre pressures. What are your experiences?
The Ralco speedblasters being off-road biased tyres with big blocks was never going to excel at handling - even on paper. So I am not too surprised here. The Ceat tyres which are being offered as stock with the Interceptor now seems to be a really good option.

However for folks who have the tubeless kit like me, the rear tyre would not work - it is a tube-type tyre
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 13:30   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Received the AEW TE201 exhaust last evening and installed this morning. The installation is fairly simple. The gaps between the exhaust and swing arm are a bit too close for comfort, however there is no fouling.

With the DB killer on, the bike sounds very similar to stock exhaust. Rode the bike to work, even at higher revs, the difference is very mild. This is good as it will not draw much attention on the road. The exhausts are much lighter as well compared to stock and seems to be made and finished well and packed well too. I have not tried removing the DB killer, as have heard videos where it felt too loud for my liking, not to mention attracting cops and dogs.

Sharing some pics, like the way the bike looks now. Much slimmer compared to big stock pipes.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20211229_091550.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20211229_091614.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20211229_091648.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20211229_091704.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 15:21   #3269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Sharing some pics, like the way the bike looks now. Much slimmer compared to big stock pipes.
It looks lovely and in tune with the retro theme of the bike. The hideous looking stock exhausts were always and eyesore and looked out of place. These look really sweet, much like the Triumph T100 pipes.
Just an observation, would you really need those handlebars? It looks too tall for my liking and I would any day choose the stock ones. However, I'm sure you have a good enough reason for the upgrade

Last edited by dinu2506 : 29th December 2021 at 15:23.
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 17:48   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
It looks too tall for my liking and I would any day choose the stock ones. However, I'm sure you have a good enough reason for the upgrade
That handlebar is indeed tall and i had to try a few things to get it to that position. Ideally i would like it to come bit closer to my body at the same height, but that would be stretching too much.

The reason behind all these changes is that i am used to ergonomics of 310gs with 2"riser which i feel very comfortable with. Also, the xpulse which i ride is very closer to that posture, with some tweaks ofcourse. So the intent was to try and make this interceptor come closer to that position, hence all the effort. If you notice closely, i have lowered the footpeg position by close to 45mm as well in the same pursuit. With all these changes made to handle bar, seat and the foot rest, the ergonomics are now very upright and relaxed. I can now easily saddle the bike as well without any awkward lean, over broken patches. I do feel there is further scope to improve the ergonomics (my requirement), but this is close enough. So its all more functional requirement driven rather aesthetic.
nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed