Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:51   #3436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Wife complained right after a short ride stating the seats ought to be thrown away. Most folks swear the Touring seats from RE is sufficient; however, RE ASC could not find one for me even after a month.

So I had to venture out on my own (which perspired to Pudupet story in my ownership thread). Best part was, I not only got one tailor made to our requirements + the cost worked 60% cheaper than RE or the famous Sahara seats!!
Thanks, let me check your thread, any contact in pudupet ?

Saw you thread, nice work done by shop. Will try to get something similar done first.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 22nd February 2022 at 19:11.
Old 22nd February 2022, 19:00   #3437
Senior - BHPian

I have the premium touring seat on my bike and it was fixed on the day of delivery itself since I knew how bad the stock seat was from an earlier test ride in which I got to ride the bike for two days.

The premium seat is good in that, the pain in the backside starts later compared to the stock seat. I did a 200 kms ride couple of days back and I was able to ride peacefully for the first hour an half. It was on the return after a 15 minutes stop that I had to keep shifting my backside every few minutes because of the pain.
I would say go for an aftermarket seat custom made. I have the stock seat with me and I am planning to mod that down the line as per my comfort.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 06:18   #3438
BHPian

An update on my booking. Finally, the bike has arrived at the dealership. I will be taking the delivery next week and am yet to make any payments. Are any negotiations possible? Also, is there any RE specific PDI list?
Old 23rd February 2022, 23:06   #3439
BHPian

Need advice on a used GT.

Ad says its only 3 months old.
3700 km run
Dux deluxe
Asking price 3.3, might come to 3.1 max.
Im trying my best to bring it to 2.8-2.9, but the owner is hesitant. He says he purchased it for 3.8 lacs.
Reason of sale is owner is relocating to USA.
What will be the fair price for this bike?

Quick replies will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Saikishor
Old 24th February 2022, 00:51   #3440
Distinguished - BHPian

Anything between 3-3.1 should be ok, that said I won’t be surprised if he gets a buyer for 3.25 though. Even I would not have sold it for less then 3 lacs for such a relatively new bike.

Though he has run it quite a bit in 3 months.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 21:07   #3441
BHPian

Hello Guys, Its been 3 years so far with my GT650 and loving the bike, I have the ice queen colour, Recently i got a new tank dr mayhem . I checked with the SA if I can swap the tank to a different colour and he said you can go ahead even if there is an insurance claim they just won't approve to fix/replace the tank the rest of the bike is still covered and the extended warranty will not be void.

Is this true? or any claims will be fully rejected because of the color change? Cops as well do not check the colour as its written ICE QUEEN WHITE/ DR MAYHEM BLACK on the RC, also i can always go back to the white since I will be keeping the tank with me.
CodeEvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 23:45   #3442

I am expecting delivery of the 120 years limited edition Continental GT in mid March. Anyone here who has received one. The showroom in Mumbai is clueless about most of the things on it.
Old 1st March 2022, 00:00   #3443
BHPian

Hi guys!

It's been a while since I posted here, partly because I had been banned from riding owing to my back injury. I'm still not allowed to go on long rides but I'm allowed to take it out at least.

I've clocked almost 6.5k kms on Lakshmi and the tyres have almost worn out. I must say I was expecting it to get to at least 10k but the Pirellis have almost reached the end of their lives.

I have been looking for replacements but since I don't have major issues with grip I've not searched as actively as I would've like to. I asked around and I've got a quote for ₹29k for the 130 section Pirellis and ₹50k for the 150 section. Other quotes have been similar or thereabouts.

That much money for just over 6k kilometres of running seems preposterous and so I thought I'd get the Ceats or something of the sort. If there are any other replacement tyres worth looking at, please let me know and also how much they cost (including the Ceats please).

I'm going back to campus for the last couple months of my course, so I won't be riding her around which gives me adequate time to save up.(I think)

I also had an issue last week where the bike automatically fell into neutral when I was going uphill. It wasn't stuck between gears. It was proper neutral and even the light came up on the instrument cluster. Since I was carrying speed I was able to get it back into gear in time.

Also what do you guys think of chrome mirrors on a Baker Express?

Here's a picture from my ride with my friend yesterday.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20220227_222147.jpg
adwaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 10:45   #3444
BHPian

For tyres, CEATS are relatively affordable and seems to have decent life. Other option is Metzeler, don't know the cost though.

Between which gears does the neutral light lit up? Someone in the Delhi RE 650 Twins WA group had the same problem and had to get the gear box repaired at the workshop under warranty, yet the problem was not resolved and eventually got the Whole engine replaced under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Hi .

I also had an issue last week where the bike automatically fell into neutral when I was going uphill. It wasn't stuck between gears. It was proper neutral and even the light came up on the instrument cluster. Since I was carrying speed I was able to get it back into gear in time.

Attachment 2279007
setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 12:05   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Between which gears does the neutral light lit up? Someone in the Delhi RE 650 Twins WA group had the same problem and had to get the gear box repaired at the workshop under warranty, yet the problem was not resolved and eventually got the Whole engine replaced under warranty.
Thank you so much!

I think it was between the first and second gear. I have had issues with false neutrals quite a while ago, but haven't had them in recent times. Do you reckon that I should get it checked at the service centre?

I've always felt that the gear box on the interceptor wasn't smooth but I've seen a lot of posts about it here and thought it was a common issue stemming from design lapses.
Old 1st March 2022, 12:30   #3446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys!

That much money for just over 6k kilometres of running seems preposterous and so I thought I'd get the Ceats or something of the sort. If there are any other replacement tyres worth looking at, please let me know and also how much they cost (including the Ceats please).
Along with Ceat, you can also try Ralco Speedblasters. You can search for it on Youtube, couple of owners have given their feedback and it seems they are pretty much happy with it.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:27   #3447
BHPian

If its between 1st and 2nd then you start with getting the clutch adjusted. Serious gear box issues generally would be in higher gears.

I also faced false neutral between 5th and 6th but was resolved during regular service. More than design lapse, QC is a bigger concern with RE.

Quote:
Thank you so much!

I've always felt that the gear box on the interceptor wasn't smooth but I've seen a lot of posts about it here and thought it was a common issue stemming from design lapses.
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 17:03   #3448
naj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
An update on my booking. Finally, the bike has arrived at the dealership. I will be taking the delivery next week and am yet to make any payments. Are any negotiations possible? Also, is there any RE specific PDI list?
Hello Saurabhraj,
I think they give nothing really . They give a free helmet.But I learnt the DMV in India mandates a free helmet with every bike purchase.We just dont force it upon the dealers.

If they offer you a cup of coffee you are fortunate . Of course they offer you an unveiling and Pooja etc . Since we don't Idolize, dint even take it .
However the pricing is honest - Not a single extra shekel including registration. No convenience fees , no nothing etc. Straight Fwd. The dealer had an extra bike and they just gave it to me without any thing extra .
Thanks,

Last edited by naj : 1st March 2022 at 17:20.
naj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 13:42   #3449
BHPian

Recently came back from a solo ride, Pune-Surat-Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Pune.
It was a total of around 1500km.
My bike has now done a total of 15000 Km.
While I see a lot of people have done modifications to the seat, I still ride on the stock seat that came with the bike. After doing 15k kms with multiple long distance rides, I can surely say that the stock seat is perfectly fine and I don't find any problem with it at all. I am 5"10, 89 Kgs. My be I am an exception.

I totally get the reasons why people start adding accessories and modifying stuff as soon as they get the bike. However, I personally believe that the human body is extremely adaptable and I always ride the bike for good amount of time and then see if my body has adapted to to it or do I need to make any changes to the bike. I was tempted to modify the seat, add handlebar risers as everyone else was doing it, but now I am completely at peace with the stock setup and doing 600kms in a day is no sweat at all.

The only changes I have done to the bike are,
- DAPS 120W LED headlamp bulb. Extremely bright and good throw. No need of any aux lamps. Works really well during night rides
- Himalayan windscreen, mostly for aesthetic purposes. I usually ride below or around 100 kph and don't feel the need for windscreen at those speeds.
-Rear tail rack, in case riding with pillion and luggage
-Rubber tank pads, again only for the looks.

Apart from the above, one major change is that I have got my rims sealed with a silicone sealant which has made my spoke setup tubeless. Puncture on a tubed wheel is always a cause of concern and that issue is gone now.
Got this done a couple of weeks before the ride and it is working perfectly with no pressure loss after around 2k kms. I am still riding on the stock Pirellis which came with the bike and they were tubeless tyres. The ceats that come with the bike now are not tubeless.

Every time I take the bike out on the highway, I always appreciate the butter smooth and tractable engine that RE has made, it always brings a smile on my face. While 47 BHP on a 650 sounds like underpowered, but the torque at lower down in the rev range more than makes up for it and the bike doesn't feel underpowered at all even on the butter smooth 6 lane GJ highways. Got a steady mileage of around 30kmpl riding usually around or below 100kph.

Below is the picture of the tubeless conversion.
Got it done from Sai Krupa tyres in Wakad, Pune for a very reasonable price. I get all my wheel and tyre stuff done from there. Good knowledgeable chap.
If anyone in Pune wants to get it done, feel free to DM me for contact details.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220203_174224.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220203_174203.jpg
Adding few more pics from the ride below. While the ride was solo, on the return found a partner on another Inty on the way who was doing Ahmedabad- Bangalore. Also adding pictures of the throw of DAPS LED bulbs
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220125_213038.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220125_213042.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220219_124236.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220225_135727-1.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220225_153113.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220225_073846.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220221_095010.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20220221_094644.jpg  

ishan12 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 14:29   #3450
Senior - BHPian

I have been asked a few times (including DMs) about the 17 inch alloy wheel conversion on my Interceptor. Its late but here it is:

There are 3 ways of doing this... My way, the RIGHT way and another one

First, the right way:

- Rear : Meteor alloy wheel. Direct fit
- Front : 17 inch spoke conversion. You have multiple options including steel rim (rear) from the Himalayan, rear rim of the Impulse and some Aluminium options from RCB and Dismotech

This is a plug and play setup... least jugaad and the easiest, most cost effective way of moving to 17s. The whole thing will cost you around 10 to 15 K (depending on your choice of front rim). Also, it is my opinion / experience that most often its the rear tyre that gets punctured. And even if the front does get punctured... its a breeze to remove and fix the puncture as opposed to the rear... which is a ROYAL PIA (no pun intended). As of today, this is what I would recommend everyone who wants to move to a 17 inch setup. Anyone who feels that this staggered setup might look bad... checkout @Man_of_Steel's posts on the subject and also lookup @Atomic_Cookie on Instagram

My way:

- Front : We machined out the hub from the KTM Duke's alloy and plonked the Interceptor's hub straight into it. Welded the whole thing up and called it done. Now, if this sounds shady to you... I dont blame you. The outcome will be dependent on the prowess of the person doing the mod. I know this person well and seeing his multiple mods on Superbikes (and the exact same mod on other bikes) gave me the confidence to go ahead with it. Still, this is not something I would recommend anyone. Total cost for me came to 14K (Front and rear combined)

Another jugaad:

- Front : Please see the video below. Given the amount of jugaad involved, this one is again something I wouldnt recommend anyone

I am not sure of the cost involved for the front wheel conversion. I had reached out to Joshua Crasto (of JC Moto) and he gave me an estimate of 35K for front and rear. Its his setup in the video below (This was before the Meteor rear wheel was "discovered" ):

Hope this helps. To conclude; I believe that as of now the "staggered" setup with a front spoke and rear alloy is the best option for a 17 inch conversion. And yes, I whole heartedly recommend moving to 17 inchers from 18. You still have a torquey bike, that looks amazing and handles like a KTM Duke. Whats not to love?
Urban_Nomad is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks