Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 19:09   #3556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
I thought the bike came with an Amaron battery. Is it always exide or it can be any of the two?
I'm not sure but the earlier bikes came with Exide. Does the battery have any RE Branding on it?
Old 14th June 2022, 04:03   #3557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
How many KM has your bike done? Check the relays and the battery health.
Just shy of 16,000km.
When you say check relays, what exactly does one do? Where are these relays located?

I fired up the bike this AM. Cranked in the normal time it does, almost instant. Battery light went out in a minute too, which is still not normal but was relieved that it did.
Old 14th June 2022, 12:08   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure but the earlier bikes came with Exide. Does the battery have any RE Branding on it?
Will check and get back to you.
Old 15th June 2022, 08:53   #3559
BHPian

Hello everyone! I recently bought a pre-owned Interceptor. It's June 2021 model with 1450 kms. Occassionally the bike keeps stalling like it has run out of fuel. After 5 mins or so the bike starts. This doesn't happen regularly but keeps happening on and off.

Any idea what could be the issue?
Old 15th June 2022, 10:56   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Occassionally the bike keeps stalling like it has run out of fuel. After 5 mins or so the bike starts. This doesn't happen regularly but keeps happening on and off.
Sounds like a faulty fuel pump relay. Since it is a 2021 model, the bike might still be under warranty. Reach out to an RE svc center and request for a fuel pump relay change citing the issue you are facing.
Old 15th June 2022, 12:47   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Just shy of 16,000km.
When you say check relays, what exactly does one do? Where are these relays located?

Remove the left side panel -

My bike seems to be working fine, did another 20KM last night and the battery is holding up well.

Quote:

When bikes stalls does it take time to start again ? Sometimes this also happens due to poor/low quality fuel.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:25   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
When bikes stalls does it take time to start again ? Sometimes this also happens due to poor/low quality fuel.
Yes. I keep cranking but the bike doesn't start. Takes about 5-7 mins to start again.

Last edited by cataclysm : 15th June 2022 at 13:30.
Old 15th June 2022, 21:58   #3563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I keep cranking but the bike doesn't start. Takes about 5-7 mins to start again.
Could also be because of some water inside fuel tank, you can get that checked too.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 22:39   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like the fuel filter needs changing. That one year old bike at 1.5 k kms have spent most of its time sitting on the garage. Some sediments from the old fuel may have clogged up the fuel filter.
corvus corax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 09:43   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
Its been over 3 years of trouble-free ownership with the 650 -

Today I started the bike after a long time and I see that the battery is starting to fail

symptoms -

The battery light stays on, If I switch off the headlight the battery light goes off but as soon the headlight is powered on the battery warning light comes on!
Video on the battery light always on -

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=1geZXn_0R68

This is the stock battery from the factory- Model no -
FEX1-ETX 14

These batteries are easily available in the price range of 2500 - 3700-/ depending on the dealer.

Attachment 2319414

Attachment 2319415

I have not given up on this battery yet! Will try and recharge this battery before replace. Exide recommends recharging the battery for 5-10 hours at 1.2A, I will keep you all updated on how this goes..

Attachment 2319417
I would suggest to check the charging circuit first. I had the exact same issue at 2 years of ownership, they replaced the battery, and then figured out that RR wasn't working and once that was replaced, my old battery has been running since then. (a total of 3 years completed and no issues).

When you start the bike, the batt voltage should be above 13V(somewhere around that and greater) for the battery symbol to turn off.
rituj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 10:55   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
I would suggest to check the charging circuit first. I had the exact same issue at 2 years of ownership,

Thank you yes I suspect the same and hence did not jump the gun and change the battery. After my last recharge and relay clean up the bike is running normally without the battery check light.

The RR unit is placed under the bike and is not the ideal place for this part and it does heat up a lot.
Old 20th June 2022, 01:42   #3567

Sold my 4 years old, bullet 350 and Booked Interceptor 650 in Ventura Blue from Avahan motors HRBR Layout. Eagerly waiting for the delivery. They have promised to deliver within a week. Lets see when I will get it.
The booking process was smooth, but they quoted the price of bike to be 3.63 lacks but when I got a receipt from RE in mail it said total on road cost is 3.60 a little confused at this discrepancy. Someone please shed some light on this matter.
Zyppher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 01:39   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you yes I suspect the same and hence did not jump the gun and change the battery. After my last recharge and relay clean up the bike is running normally without the battery check light.

The RR unit is placed under the bike and is not the ideal place for this part and it does heat up a lot.
Is there any fix for the RR unit placement?
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 07:33   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Is there any fix for the RR unit placement?
No.
The area around the air box, battery is a tight space. There is no flex in the wiring loom to change the position of the relays. Even if you can do it, I'd be cautious. Its not something you want to get wet from rains or a wash. The current location is ideal in the sense that its easy to access and replace them if you need to.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:37   #3570

Good afternoon. I own an Interceptor 650 (December 2021 manufactured). I've been facing multiple issues since day one in the form of a misfiring engine, false neutrals and hard gearshifts. Since the day before yesterday, my bike has developed a new issue. The engine abruptly shuts down when I blip the throttle before shifting down from 3rd to 2nd. For some reason, it only happens between 3rd and 2nd gears. Another issue I've faced is the engine shutting down after wild rpm fluctuations (only happened to me twice). The bike comes back to life upon simply pressing the ignition button after this. My left exhaust also sometimes shoots flames while idling, especially during the first startup of the day. I've taken my bike to multiple service centers and everyone had the same approach; 'If we can't feel it, it ain't real'. Some of the issues are very intermittent in nature, but could be a pain to deal with on long rides, and could even be dangerous. Diagnostics were run but none of them could find the issue, and no error codes were found. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Have a great day!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks