Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 17:32   #3586
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
O yes yes. The rear meteor alloy looks So bad. Look at it… yuck!

/S
No offense to anyone but this modified Interceptor is looking more like modified Splendor.
DDIS_RE650 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 02:23   #3587
BHPian

Any recommendations for rear carrier/ top box? Looked at Zana but looking for some reviews. Also are the stock CEAT tubes available?
Old 6th July 2022, 05:08   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
Maybe this video will be helpful
Useful video and the correct place to start diagnose such an issue. Quite enjoyed the mechanics attitude and humor too. Good to know the ignition coils are independent for each cylinder and not one unit that feeds both. This can be a DIY job too.
Old 7th July 2022, 20:05   #3589

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
Maybe this video will be helpful
https://Youtu.be/jXVfVnQGIas
Thanks for the video! The second service of my bike is due on Monday. Do you think the service center will check the ignition coil? The service technicians at RE depend solely on the diagnostic tool and don't seem to know the basics. This one service advisor I went to regarding false neutrals between the 5th and 6th gears, actually thought the Interceptor had only 5 gears. Despite me telling him that I had shifted to 6th gear multiple times, he kept telling me that the bike has only 6 ratios, and finally had to ask another SA, who then told him that the bike indeed has 6 ratios (I'm not even making this up. What shocked me more is the fact that this particular SA was an employee at the service center of a dealership run directly by RE.).
carsandcaffeine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 02:48   #3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
With the monsoons rolling in and the temperature in Hyderabad dipping, the weekend seemed like a perfect time to take a short ride to nearby Anantagiri Hills and breathe in some fresh air.

The last time I was in this part of the woods was close to 5 years ago when my friends and I would frequent these jungles to camp and cook up some delicious barbecue. The place however has changed drastically in the past 5 years with more development and tourism rolling in. This unfortunately has resulted in an increase in commercialization, garbage and deforestation. However, the place still has a charm of its own being one of the few weekend getaways from Hyderabad.

The bike performed like a charm and the twin-cylinder symphony was melodic as I was flirting with cloudy skies and greenery. Please enjoy some pictures I took during the trip!

The tank pads look great! Can you share the link, please?
mskr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 17:01   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskr8 View Post
The tank pads look great! Can you share the link, please?
Thank you! They are rubberized tank pads made for the Continental gt. Bought them from Dynamic Ryderz in Hyderabad. Cannot recollect the name. I'm sorry
2legit2quit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 14:39   #3592

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
Congratulations on the new bike Zyppher

Nice to see some blue Interceptors on the forum, do share more pics. I'm currently planning to buy a blue Interceptor 650 myself.

Thanks Mate…

Couldn’t update earlier as the Bangalore weather kept me away from Sunday rides, and I did not wanted to post a picture taken in the parking… So attaching a few I took today morning with the bike in its natural habitat…

Few updates for the fellow bhpians:

The official Name would be Habibi(read beloved)…

Have clocked 1300+ kms since I took the delivery…

Got the first service done at 500, apart from same old oil change and general checkup I got the tappets adjustment done, surprisingly the guy who did it was not like other RE guys I’ve encountered before he had knowledge and was following the exact procedure Stuart Fillingham showed in his video…

Had to fix the zana back rest otherwise the pillion wouldn’t reach the destination with me…

Started facing the “khat” sound issue from the from the front of the bike when it goes through bumps and potholes, after the first service, because thats when I started riding the bike like I’d normally do… Took it back to the service station, recreated the noise to show it the SA, he took the bike just randomly tightened all the bolts of the shocker assembly and then gave it back saying I’ve to ride properly and not push the bikes limits

Comments and suggestions regarding anything related to the bike would be appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-59adbed8da0f449e93a53ab49feb3be5.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1defcad60b414d3d9cd6eef8334758a2.jpeg  

Zyppher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:12   #3593
BHPian

A couple of months ago, a friend of mine reached out to let me know that he was putting his SS Motocorp 2x1 short can exhaust system on sale and asked if I was interested in getting them. Back then, I wasn't looking at changing the exhaust on my bike even though the stock exhausts looked ungainly, and had a penchant for running hot.

Little did I know, the seed was planted in my head and I started doing some research on the options available for the 650s. The thought of spending a significant amount of money on a performance part was weighing on me plus I was vehemently opposed to obnoxiously loud exhaust systems that not only act as cop magnets but also are a nuisance to my neighborhood. After taking a long time to think through the pros and cons, I bit the bullet and finally purchased the SS Motocorp 2x1 short cans. I haven't been able to ride the bike over a significant distance owing to the recurrent rains in Hyderabad but first impressions point to a quality product that has significant weight savings and a decent bump in power. Not to mention an exhaust note that stays below the legal decibel limit as long as you don't get rid of the DB killers! Attaching a few pictures for viewing pleasure
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20220716_10150088701.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20220717_101325338.portrait201.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20220717_101341001.portrait01.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20220717_115321313.portrait01.jpeg  

2legit2quit is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:20   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
...SS Motocorp 2x1 short can exhaust system ...

I bit the bullet and finally purchased the SS Motocorp 2x1 short cans. I haven't been able to ride the bike over a significant distance owing to the recurrent rains in Hyderabad but first impressions point to a quality product that has significant weight savings and a decent bump in power. Not to mention an exhaust note that stays below the legal decibel limit as long as you don't get rid of the DB killers! ...
Many around the world change the silencer cans. The stock ones are quite a lot heavier from what I hear. What was the wallet damage ?
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:50   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Many around the world change the silencer cans. The stock ones are quite a lot heavier from what I hear. What was the wallet damage ?
From what I've seen getting a full system exhaust for the Interceptor/Continental GT 650 reduces the weight by about 13-16kg which brings the weight of the bike down to about 185-190kg depending on the exhaust system you opt for.

I believe these SS Moto 2x1 full systems are about 22,000-25,000 brand new.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 22:07   #3596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
The SS Motocorp website claims a 11kg reduction in weight, I personally haven't weighed the difference but I can tell you that the reduction in weight is noticeable. In terms of cost, I bought these used from a friend but brand new, they will cost you about 25K
2legit2quit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 10:25   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After taking a long time to think through the pros and cons, I bit the bullet and finally purchased the SS Motocorp 2x1 short cans.
Those are really nice headers. I'd say the price is good considering its a full exhaust kit. I paid about the same for importing a set of AEW TE102 exhaust units. Nice to see more Indian companies produce full exhaust kits for the 650's.

To enhance aesthetics, you could try a exhaust header wrap.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 14:57   #3598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Nice to see more Indian companies produce full exhaust kits for the 650's.
It's feels good to see how domestic manufacturers has evolved in terms of aftermarket accessories and parts, especially for motorcycles.

Before SS Moto I believe the only real full system exhaust options were to either import the 2x1 TecBikeParts Stinger exhaust from the UK or the S&S 2x1 Qualifier exhaust both of which cost a bomb to import (I believe the final landing cost in India is about 55,000 and 1,00,000 respectively). But with brands like SS Moto I can get a high quality full system setup for as low as 22,000 that (with the DB Killer installed) stays below the legal decibel limit.

Now all we need is for someone to make the 865cc Big Bore Kit and a Camshaft upgrade kit for the 650 Twins and we can finally build the ultimate atmanirbhar Interceptor/Continental GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyppher View Post
Comments and suggestions regarding anything related to the bike would be appreciated
I have a question, how or where did you get those white stripes on the side of the tank? It some sort of wrap/stickering or is it painted?

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 21st July 2022 at 15:00.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:52   #3599

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
I have a question, how or where did you get those white stripes on the side of the tank? It some sort of wrap/stickering or is it painted?
In my head I had those lines on the tank even before I got Habibi delivered… I just had to find the right person to do the job once I got hold of the bike, which I luckily found near my place. Those lines are diamond white wrap, so the finish of the wrap and the paint blends naturally…
First I thought of getting it painted but then I did not wanted to ruin the original paint job .
Zyppher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:35   #3600
naj
BHPian

Rode the Z900

Good day ,

I visited Kawasaki Pune for a test ride of Z900.

Just sharing some observations vis-a-vis my GT.
WOW! the short ride of about 8 km really brought a big smile and was thoroughly enjoyable and thrilling.
All the earlier issues which I have discussed here (and resolved) with the GT are non existent in the Z900 from the beginning. Felt the Z900 to be a well made, well sorted bike.

Weight Management: Dint feel the weight and the Z900 felt well balanced at standstill. The issue is during mounting as the rear seat is quite high set. Need to be athletic to swing leg around for short riders.

Everything was quality.The feel and experience felt amazing.

Gear shifting- The shifts were spot on, sleek and smooth. Never there was a false neutral. The gear indicator is a boon.

Brakes- This is a shining point. The brakes have a good bite and stops in a wink. I could do 80 Kmph and dint have issues to stop the bike where I wanted it to. This is so much confidence inspiring. One can predict and stop from triple digit speeds as discussed with the SE.

Agility and Flick-ability: I found the Z900 very capable and agile riding machine, much better than the GT. As compared to the GT every thing felt so much easy and confidence inspiring. With the GT one constantly feels the weight.
With the ease of maneuverability, weight management and spot on riding ergonomics, the Z900 can be ridden all day long in the city as well as on the freeways.

Suspension- No complaints. Rode over a few bad patches plus one or two pot holes and the bike performed without issue and smoothy glided over them.
The issue with the GT is the rear tire tends to slip if passing over road joints and markings making ride nervous. This was not observed in the Z900.The bike stayed well planted.

Power Delivery and gearing: I rode in rain mode to be careful and no complaints on the power front. The GT also does not feel under powered if in the right gear.
However one can be in any gear 2,3 or 4th , the Z900 can pull from as low as 20 kmph. Its so easy to ride in any gear and boon in the city.

Few items I found to be non ergonomic on the Z900 are- 1)Deploying the side stand when stowed. Could be because I am not used to it but I fumbled. 2)Pillion rider seat is high set and narrow 3)Mounting and dismounting again due to high set rear end.

Exhaust note- The test bike had an aftermarket exhaust and prefer the stock. The after market is too attention grabbing and not to my liking.

Riding position and seating: Its not a complete upright position and I felt some strain on the writs. Not as committed as the GT, but felt same as the GT with the handle bar risers that I have recently installed.
I cannot comment on the seat comfort for longer duration. But felt same as the GT. However I get uncomfortable on the GT after an hour of riding and feel an urgent need to either stand up or disconnect my buttocks from the seat for a few seconds.

I will do a longer ride if I ever decide to buy it as it is more of a desire now rather than want.

Overall the Z900 ticks all boxes for me as a short rider and also has sorted braking, riding dynamics and over all control. I am city rider and also felt aglie in traffic. Could not check the engine heating.

Thanks- NAJ
naj is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed