Team-BHP > Motorbikes


Reply
  Search this Thread
29,380,266 views
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:44   #4156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 115 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
Hello riders,

Recently changed my stock Ceats to Ralco Speed blasters after 12k kms. I gather that many of you are using the same set of tyres. What pressure do you maintain on highway touring (self+luggage)?

The tyre shop sent me off with 35 (front) and 38 (Rear).
The manual specified pressure of 32F 39R is applicable to all tyres.

That said, I liked the feel of 36R a lot more, and will probably run that with pillion as well. Also got the Ralcos recently.
ostrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:49   #4157
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 903 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post
The manual specified pressure of 32F 39R is applicable to all tyres.

That said, I liked the feel of 36R a lot more, and will probably run that with pillion as well. Also got the Ralcos recently.
Thanks for the tip. How much have you run on them? i felt that the bike rides a little taller. did you have a similar impression as well?
bsenroy is offline  
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:17   #4158
BHPian
 
rajeevsulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Erode
Posts: 378
Thanked: 1,731 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hi
When you swap out your old tyre for a new one, it feels a little taller. I feel the same when I swapped out the old ceats with new ones a couple of weeks ago.
Cheers
Rajeevsulu
rajeevsulu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 07:14   #4159
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TSTN
Posts: 6,208
Thanked: 9,507 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
i felt that the bike rides a little taller
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
When you swap out your old tyre for a new one, it feels a little taller. I feel the same when I swapped out the old ceats with new ones a couple of weeks ago
Gentlemen: riding on stock 18" alloys with Vredestein tyres here; please include me in your "riding tall" club
aargee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 18:59   #4160
BHPian
 
DrvSafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tirur/Dubai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 142 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

What does the annual maintenance contract for Interceptor 650 cover?

Does it cover all the service costs including labor charges?
Is it worth adding it while booking?

I am asking this for a friend of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-royalenfield.png  

DrvSafe is offline  
Old 4th January 2024, 21:41   #4161
BHPian
 
rajeevsulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Erode
Posts: 378
Thanked: 1,731 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hi,
just go for the extended warranty. The rest does not add much value
Cheers
Rajeevsulu
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 18:06   #4162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 173 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hi all! Just sitting at work, waiting for my Interceptor Black Ray due for delivery mid-February, whilst holding on to tens of tabs of accessories on Google Chrome. I was aiming for a "murdered-out" look on the bike, so that includes swapping to the Scram 411 handlebar from RE Genuine Accessories. It also got me thinking about the distasteful use of a cream-like garish sticker on the tank. Is it possible to remove that sticker and use a black tank pad instead? Has anyone tried doing so, or know someone who has? It would be really useful to decide on that purchase.

Side note: If anyone hasn't checked yet, Raw & Rugged has some lovely accessories for the Inty including a beautiful 120-years edition tank belt in black and gold. Any reviews about this website in terms of buying experience? My tank pad will be from the same website, as TripMachine has sold out their good stuff

Also, TripMachine Moc-Toe black boots vs Viaterra boots vs Clan Shoes SNKR Waterproof version? Any thoughts?

Last edited by vishal.jayakuma : 10th January 2024 at 18:07. Reason: Adding another boot choice.
vishal.jayakuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:12   #4163
BHPian
 
shabih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 176
Thanked: 310 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
Hi all!
Side note: If anyone hasn't checked yet, Raw & Rugged has some lovely accessories for the Inty including a beautiful 120-years edition tank belt in black and gold. Any reviews about this website in terms of buying experience? My tank pad will be from the same website, as TripMachine has sold out their good stuff

Also, TripMachine Moc-Toe black boots vs Viaterra boots vs Clan Shoes SNKR Waterproof version? Any thoughts?
I have been a long term user of both Trip Machine and Raw & Rugged merch. Buying experience is top notch with both these vendors. R&R guy is lot more accessible through whatsapp. Quality is never compromised with both as they offer great leather and craftmanship. I use the tripmachine riding boots and I love them. They are excellent both on and off the bike. It may not be as technical as an A* or Dianese but provides excellent feel and reasonable protection. I had the R&R tank belt on my interceptor and it was of reasonable quality.
shabih is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:34   #4164
BHPian
 
sole_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: KL-14-BLR
Posts: 88
Thanked: 489 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
Side note: If anyone hasn't checked yet, Raw & Rugged has some lovely accessories for the Inty including a beautiful 120-years edition tank belt in black and gold. Any reviews about this website in terms of buying experience? My tank pad will be from the same website, as TripMachine has sold out their good stuff

Also, TripMachine Moc-Toe black boots vs Viaterra boots vs Clan Shoes SNKR Waterproof version? Any thoughts?
I have the ViaTerra bronson retro boots. They are built well. But one main draw back for me atleast is that these boots have a rather narrow toe area. I wear size 42 and it fits me well other than the cramped feel of my left foot's small finger. I think these boots require rather longer wear in time. After about a month's usage, the cramped feel is now mostly reduced.
The other drawback for me is that it makes loud squeaky noise while walking on polished floors. I feel slightly embarassed walking on office floors with squeak squeak noise..

The major USP of these boots which got me attracted to it over the others are it has both lace up and zipper enclosures. So the zipper makes it easier to put on and remove, without losing on the aesthetics of a conventional lace up shoes.

Wish you the best.
sole_rider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:20   #4165
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 173 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
I have been a long term user of both Trip Machine and Raw & Rugged merch. Buying experience is top notch with both these vendors. R&R guy is lot more accessible through whatsapp. Quality is never compromised with both as they offer great leather and craftmanship. I use the tripmachine riding boots and I love them. They are excellent both on and off the bike. It may not be as technical as an A* or Dianese but provides excellent feel and reasonable protection. I had the R&R tank belt on my interceptor and it was of reasonable quality.
Thank you for this feedback. I will definitely order R&R products now with peace of mind. Is there anything wrong with the tank belt, for which you mentioned "reasonable quality"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole_rider View Post
I have the ViaTerra bronson retro boots. They are built well. But one main draw back for me atleast is that these boots have a rather narrow toe area. I wear size 42 and it fits me well other than the cramped feel of my left foot's small finger.

The major USP of these boots which got me attracted to it over the others are it has both lace up and zipper enclosures. So the zipper makes it easier to put on and remove, without losing on the aesthetics of a conventional lace up shoes.
Ahh this might be a problem for me. My shoe size is 42 as well, but my feet are wide. Might need a more flexible USP for the boots. I suppose I will go ahead with TripMachine boots. Thank you for your feedback!
vishal.jayakuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:27   #4166
BHPian
 
shabih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 176
Thanked: 310 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
Is there anything wrong with the tank belt, for which you mentioned "reasonable quality"?
With leather goods, you get what you pay for. Also, I was an early adopter of their products, I am talking about 2019. The first batch looked very different compared to the new design they have launched (the 120-year edition).
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:40   #4167
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 173 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
With leather goods, you get what you pay for. Also, I was an early adopter of their products, I am talking about 2019. The first batch looked very different compared to the new design they have launched (the 120-year edition).
Alright, that's fair! Perhaps they have learned from their previous experience and upgraded their products and designs. My bike is going to be plain black, so some accessories like the R&R belt would spruce up the aesthetics of the tank area, and their tank grips with the functionality aspect.

What other boots are in this sub-10K price segment that may be good options for me? My use is going to be mainly city use with occasional outstation trips. Preferably something that can withstand sudden downpours as well, whilst being comfortable for daily use. I live in Chennai, so it's mainly the heat that puts me away from full waterproof boots. The only solution I can think of is to get the leather boots anyway and source something like the Solace boot covers so that they can be used when required.
vishal.jayakuma is offline  
Old 11th January 2024, 17:13   #4168
BHPian
 
shabih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 176
Thanked: 310 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post

What other boots are in this sub-10K price segment that may be good options for me? My use is going to be mainly city use with occasional outstation trips.
I'd say go for the Trip Machine one, it will be an excellent choice for city rides and trips. I wear them even when I am not riding and I always have people come and compliment me. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I had to stay in them for an entire day and an entire night. It was supremely comfortable. One word of caution though, they are a bit bulky so it is subjective to your body frame. I have seen advertisements for Clan Shoes on Instagram, and they looked promising too, much sleeker. Maybe consider them as an alternative within your budget, but then I have not used them so cannot comment on their worthiness.

I have a matt black street twin and the trip machine tank pads in tan color give it an excellent appearance. I had the R&R tan tand pad previously on my interceptor and those had better glue compared to Trip machine.

Last edited by shabih : 11th January 2024 at 17:16.
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 18:08   #4169
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 903 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

For some time now I have been looking for adjustable gear and brake levers. I checked out the OEM parts that come as standard on the 2023 model onwards, but they looked very bulky.

So some online lurking has led me to this product on Amazon.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-51nwuu5p0kl._sl1000_.jpg

As anyone used these levers, and is it worth installing?
bsenroy is offline  
Old 11th January 2024, 18:22   #4170
BHPian
 
Kottayamkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 64
Thanked: 196 Times
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

My brother recently picked up a new 2023 Interceptor 650. We have upgraded the machine with some updates for future rides. Here is the fully loaded bike. All set for future rides. Bash plate was not available at the RE showroom and is on back order.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240106_195700531.jpg  

Kottayamkaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks