Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2019, 10:17   #511
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Strange thing happened I got text message from RE care which says!

Hi, as requested by you, we have postponed your bike delivery by 4 days. We request you to get in touch with us for any further updates on 9881727299, KINGS AUTORIDERS

I have not requested anything like this.... anyone else sailing in same boat as me?
Old 1st March 2019, 10:48   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
In other updates - Got fork reflectors Now the bike looks like the export version!

This is how it looks
Attachment 1853365

Attachment 1853375
The fork reflectors really make the bike look better, is it being sold by RE as an accessory?

And, your bike is Mark III, and shouldn't it have silver coloured fenders? And even the custom colour variants get silver coloured fender brackets with the black fenders.

Please do share more pictures of your black beauty!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 11:06   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post

Hi, as requested by you, we have postponed your bike delivery by 4 days. We request you to get in touch with us for any further updates on 9881727299, KINGS AUTORIDERS

I have not requested anything like this.... anyone else sailing in same boat as me?
I also received one such message 2- 3 weeks before my expected date of delivery. When I asked the store, they said that, whenever there is any delivery, such messages are sent to all the waiting customers by default.
Old 1st March 2019, 11:08   #514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
I also received one such message 2- 3 weeks before my expected date of delivery. When I asked the store, they said that, whenever there is any delivery, such messages are sent to all the waiting customers by default.
Doesn't make sense to send to all customers, just like that.

I feel RE has allotted a bike to you and the dealership is changing it to another customer, with the comment that the user (you) have requested to postpone your slot. Better to get in touch with the company to clarify this.
Old 1st March 2019, 11:28   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I keep getting messages of such nature. The most frequent one is: Dear customer there is an important update with regards to your booking. We tried calling you, but couldn't connect. Please call xxx on yyyy number. The first 2-3 time I did follow up and the person on the line had no clue whatsoever. Now I have stopped bothering.

I personally visited the dealership last week, and have been told that I can expect the delivery in April only. I also noted that mine was/is the 2nd booking in the city (so much for not being a motorcycling enthusiast!!). While booking (I think the 2nd day after launch), I was told there were many bookings before me.

I test drove the Interceptor too (for about 15 kms). First time drove a motorcycle in 12 years and I was at home riding it. I am still trying to rationalize why I want to buy this bike, because a bike has no usage for me. I will not join any biking group, will not go for any Sunday rides or plan to do any long inter city rides on it. But I am captivated by the way it looks and I think its a special piece of automobile - even though it has just 2 wheels. And for someone who is restricted to buying only family cars (read Etios/Innova and the like), I think it is as close as I can get to having something special stand in my garage.

Last edited by rrsteer : 1st March 2019 at 11:31.
Old 1st March 2019, 11:41   #516
BHPian

Got my Interceptor delivered yesterday, the first Royal Enfield in my family. I rode it for 25 km and following are my initial observations:

- I was very much worried about front foot peg, but I didn't face any problem with it! My height is 6'1" and I'm 83 kgs.

- There is a speed limit in Kolkata, could not go more than 3rd gear, felt much comfortable in 2nd gear. The bike pulls up effortlessly from 10 to 45 in 2nd gear.

- I feel the initial bite of the front brakes to be too much and difficult. I hope it should be alright in few days.

I will update soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1551420085692.jpg  

sallubhai is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 11:46   #517
BHPian

Quote:

I called the number and i was told to ignore the msg.... I asked them why does it say I have requested, they had no answer to it. They told me... Sir that is system generated sms you can ignore it.

Quote:
Got my Interceptor delivered yesterday, the first Royal Enfield in my family. I rode it for 25 km and following are my initial observations:

- I was very much worried about front foot peg, but I didn't face any problem with it! My height is 6'1" and I'm 83 kgs.

- There is a speed limit in Kolkata, could not go more than 3rd gear, felt much comfortable in 2nd gear. The bike pulls up effortlessly from 10 to 45 in 2nd gear.

- I feel the initial bite of the front brakes to be too much and difficult. I hope it should be alright in few days.

I will update soon.
Congratulations! keep us posted about the bike. I am still worried about the foot pegs, good to know you didn't face any issues.

Thanks in advance for future updates.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st March 2019 at 14:25. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Do see our FAQs on how to MULTI-QUOTE.
joeblack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 15:51   #518
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, as requested by you, we have postponed your bike delivery by 4 days... I have not requested anything like this.... anyone else sailing in same boat as me?
My booking made on the launch day was cancelled and a new booking was generated by RE in the first week of February. I emailed RE, and instead of responding they simply forwarded the email to the dealer. He had no clue why this happened. I'm seriously considering cancelling the booking, and have lined up a list of quite tempting alternatives.
Old 1st March 2019, 19:49   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
My booking made on the launch day. I'm seriously considering cancelling the booking, and have lined up a list of quite tempting alternatives.
Sorry to read on your cancellation and rebooking, don't lose hope instead tweet directly to Mr Siddharth LAL and royal Enfield Twitter accounts along with the screen shot of both cancellation and rebooking.
Please keep us posted on the developments later on. Good luck.
Old 1st March 2019, 22:26   #520
BHPian

Booking Date: 14th November 2018
Colour: Baker Express
Finally got a call from the showroom today that my bike has arrived. Will go tomorrow and complete the formalities.
Attaching a picture
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190301_184012.jpg  

schitre05 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 10:46   #521
Senior - BHPian

Any reason why this thread was again moved out from the Superbikes and Imports section?
Old 2nd March 2019, 20:42   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! keep us posted about the bike. I am still worried about the foot pegs, good to know you didn't face any issues.

Thanks in advance for future updates.
Yes, it's true that I didn't face any issue with the footpeg. But, my friend who was accompanying me and drove the bike for about 2 kms suffered a lot. He almost had a bruised leg. He is 5' 8". I feel this issue is related to the height of the rider.
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:43   #523
BHPian

So i took delivery of my Orange crush on 19th Feb 2019 after booking on the 15th of Nov 2018 and exactly three months after I sold my Duke 390 2014 model (12,000kms only in 4 years)

I've done about 300 kms. First impressions of the interceptor coming for the first gen Duke:

The good:

1. Refinement- The engine is smooth and refined and I find it definitely better than the duke. Usable power at low rpms and lesser jerks due to lesser engine braking.

2. Brakes - Good brakes. Comparable to the duke. However, I hear a tak-tak noise from the front portion some times.

3. Presence - It does not command a presence like the litre class bikes. Good that you don't recieve unwanted attention.

4. Sound - The quietened rumble of the twin cylinder is great

The not so good:

1. Weight - Coming from the duke, this feels like a tank and requires extra effort to get it off the side stand or move it from a parking spot. (6 feet, 68kg)

2. Footpegs - Is an issue in stop and go traffic. It juts out and forces you to place your feet wide apart on the road. I always fear getting my feet run over by a neighbouring vehicle.

3. Noise- A thud at times when going over potholes/humps and a sound from the fork. There is also a constant hum of the tappet which is low but audible.

4. Gears - Experiencing intermittent false neutrals and some hard shifts. Also a gear indicator would help a great deal when constant gear shifts are needed in traffic.

5. Fuel Indicator - As good as no good. I open and shake the tank to check apart from keeping a tab on the mileage done.

6. Seat - Too thin for my liking and causes discomfort to my tail bone on rides longer than ten kilometres.

Filling air into the back tyre at one of the petrol pumps was an ordeal since I had ridden long and there was heat from the pipes and discs - it was a circus trying to get the long metal rod of the air dispenser between the spokes and the discs.

All said and done, the bike feels great and is a treat to ride. I'm hoping the bike gets better after the first service.
kesh4munni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 23:57   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The fork reflectors really make the bike look better, is it being sold by RE as an accessory?

And, your bike is Mark III, and shouldn't it have silver coloured fenders? And even the custom colour variants get silver coloured fender brackets with the black fenders.

Please do share more pictures of your black beauty!
It's not available for sale, but this is very similar to what comes on the export versions. RE won't sell this here but managed to get 2 sets of these.
Yes, it was Silver got it changed to black as I felt it looked much better with the bike being black and only the fender and mudguard was silver. Hence changed it all to black.
Will share more pics in the morning

I liked the fork reflectors so much that I ended up putting 2 towards the back.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re5.jpg
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re6.jpg
Captain Slow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 02:01   #525
BHPian

Quote:

I will update soon.
Congrats on your machine. I too am from Kolkata, having booked the Interceptor on 7th Dec 18. 120 days was quoted as the waiting so I have to wait for another month before I get any news about my machine.

Would love to see your updates on a regular basis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks