Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2019, 06:48   #526
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Any reason why this thread was again moved out from the Superbikes and Imports section?
Maybe coz it’s neither a superbike nor an import ?
howler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:39   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
Filling air into the back tyre at one of the petrol pumps was an ordeal since I had ridden long and there was heat from the pipes and discs - it was a circus trying to get the long metal rod of the air dispenser between the spokes and the discs.
Congratulations on the bike Kesh! Wishing you a happy association with the I650.

Always fill/check air on cold tyres whether in a bike or car, unless you feel a lack of air pressure due to a slow puncture to get you to a repair person.

Cheers and all the best.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:47   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a quick ride with a few interceptors today. They more than happily kept up with the versys upto 130kph. I think after that wind blast plays a role, so bikes like the versys can pull away.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 14:21   #529
BHPian

I finally test rode the Interceptor last weekend. It was quite a welcome surprise for a Royal Enfield. Accelerates similarly to the 390, but you can feel more of a pull owing to the added torque. Thanks to the limited vibrations - much less than on my previous 390 - you'll be at 120 in no time without knowing it.

I'm 6'2" and didn't really feel anything odd about the footpegs, nor the seat for that matter. A clock and gear position indicator would have been nice though; they could have added another small lcd display on the tachometer, I don't think it would have cost too much extra. Exhaust note is quite pleasant; I wouldn't change anything about it.
Old 3rd March 2019, 16:07   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post

Filling air into the back tyre at one of the petrol pumps was an ordeal since I had ridden long and there was heat from the pipes and discs - it was a circus trying to get the long metal rod of the air dispenser between the spokes and the discs.
Try this, or similar:

Outgeek Tire Valve Stem Universal Rubber PVR70 60 50 Angled Tyre Valve Extension Adaptor for Car Motorcycle https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07GZN7K7L/..._846ECbVHWHDD6

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd March 2019 at 16:12.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 17:36   #531
Senior - BHPian

While most customers are struggling to get the delivery of their motorcycles, these guys have gone ahead and modded one.

I usually like Bulleter customs designs but somehow I am not digging this.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20190303-17.33.07.jpeg  

BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 23:21   #532
BHPian

Which dealer is this booking with Param paji? IMO you should raise a complaint by sending an email to their official id. RE are very prompt in reverting to complaint mails. This has been my experience so far. Also, I think Sant motors are getting more bikes alloted as I got mine from them and came to know about other bikes being delivered through them as well. Something to do with overall dealer sales I guess. BTW, which one of the twins have you booked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
My booking made on the launch day was cancelled and a new booking was generated by RE in the first week of February. I emailed RE, and instead of responding they simply forwarded the email to the dealer. He had no clue why this happened. I'm seriously considering cancelling the booking, and have lined up a list of quite tempting alternatives.
Old 3rd March 2019, 23:55   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Try this, or similar:
This is another one -just a screw on extension. Works well for tackling problem caused by the long filling nostles of fuel stations in India.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-tyre-valve-adapt.jpg

Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 10:59   #534
BHPian

Has anyone yet modified the CGT650 with INT650's handlebars? The more I test ride the Interceptor, especially in the city, the more I dislike the footpeg positioning - and I feel increasingly averse to buying the bike aware of this shortcoming (atleast for me). The best fix I see is to raise the handlebars of the CGT650 or better retrofit it with the INT's. If you or anyone you know has made this modification, I'd love to know and get some feedback.
HandfulOfHell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 15:58   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Which dealer is this booking with...
I've booked an interceptor with sant motors. Maddi bhaji had offered me delivery of the first interceptor (orange), but I wanted the white custom. RE are not being responsive to booking issues escalated to them. Might be that they have no answers for the mess they find themselves in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
Has anyone yet modified the CGT650 with INT650's handlebars...
Buy an interceptor and design custom mounting for the foot pegs. Will be cheaper and easier than fitting interceptor handle bars on the GT, as the clip-ons on the GT have a different mounting.

Last edited by param22k : 4th March 2019 at 16:01. Reason: Grammer
Old 4th March 2019, 16:18   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Buy an interceptor and design custom mounting for the foot pegs. Will be cheaper and easier than fitting interceptor handle bars on the GT, as the clip-ons on the GT have a different mounting.
Its easier Param, you need to change the toplet of the triple tree and then fix the handle bars which are a straight fit. More importantly you don't need to do any jugaad to move the foot pegs.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 16:31   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Its easier Param, you need to change the toplet of the triple tree and then fix the handle bars which are a straight fit. More importantly you don't need to do any jugaad to move the foot pegs.
I think so too. I spent a lot of time at the showroom to understand the handlebar mount. It appeared like changing the CGT650's bars will be much simpler than changing foot controls on the INT. The advisor at the showroom also suggested that it could be done but insinuated that it would void the warranty and that they are yet to start getting any spares - so timelines for the change cannot be estimated. He was also very sad to see me not take delivery of the bike after the constant follow up and hordes of test rides ( I was among the first 2 -3 people to book on the 14th of Nov). I would still like to see one modified in the flesh before transferring my INT booking to CGT!
Old 4th March 2019, 16:43   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
The advisor at the showroom also suggested that it could be done but insinuated that it would void the warranty and that they are yet to start getting any spares - so timelines for the change cannot be estimated.
Hi There,
Not sure what warranty is voided here? By fitting handlebars from the same company, i dont see any impact.
Google out the net, you might find users who have put the GT535 with upright handle bars, so it should not be a problem adapting it on the Interceptor.

Its a simple job and if your showroom guys are willing to co-operate they can easily swap their test ride INT top setup with that of the GT to give a test ride for you. Nothing hard man. Make your PR skills work for you.
Old 4th March 2019, 18:10   #539
BHPian

Test ride an interceptor today.
- gorgeous engine. Absolutely smitten over it. I cannot believe the level of refinement! I loved the engine response, and the exhaust note! Strong and muffled.
- 52Nm gives a good amount of kick! Fun to ride bike.
- braking duty done well by the setup.

Some niggles:
- the console is really sad. Even the Himalayan gets a better console.
- no tubeless tyres why!!! 3+ lakh on road and no tubeless tyres.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 12:06   #540
BHPian

Long test ride update - Interceptor 650
Rode the Interceptor for about 240kms on Sunday and here are my impressions:
1. Ergonomics are pretty good. I reiterate, no issues with the pegs while riding or with the feet down. No, my feet's not gonna run over by other automobiles!
Am 6', 80kg and athletic build.
Bike had 5000kms on the odo.

2. A 1.5" handlebar raiser would do wonders.

3. The clutch actuator arm brushes against my shin while pushing or pulling the bike while seated. Very annoying but can be tolerated.

4. 100kmph @4000 RPM. 110@4500, 120@5000.
I only did a max of 150 in a safe stretch and the bike had some more juice left.
Beyond 110, handlebars give a tingling sensation. But when I switched bike with another friend here, the latter was relatively sober.

5. Cornering at 120 or beyond isn't confidence inspiring at all. Coming from a KTM 390, I wouldn't do this. Forget about scraping pegs at those speeds.
It's either the tires (dimensions & compound) or the suspension setup or both.
Can tour at 120 the whole day without sweat. But I wouldn't hold it beyond that for a long time. The bike doesn't have same composure of 390 at speeds beyond 120 (not that I advice such speeds).

6. Torque spread is wonderful, especially after 3k RPM.
Even in the 6th gear, the bike pulls cleanly speeds above
120!

7. Fuel range display is crap - can't rely on it.
Fuel cap design is flimsy and not easy to operate. Would have preferred a hinged mechanism.

8. Headlamp illumination - just decent for night rides. Aux lamps a must for touring in the night.
Also, lamp turns on when the ignition switch is on, engine off. Flawed design.

9. Seat had softened a lot. I prefer a harder seat for touring.

10. Gear box - very good. Not a single false neutral or missed shift.

11. Exhaust has a nice drone at higher speeds. Would not want anything louder for touring.

12. City maneuvering is easy in the sense that you treat it like a big bike and remember the fact!

13. Brakes are great. Brembo pads.

14. Heat management is way better than my 390. Rode about an hour in peak (infamous) Bangalore traffic. Simpler life without liquid cooling!

15. Low speed fuelling is brilliant. Effortless in the city!

I presume am the first one to remove the rear wheel the night before owing to a flat tire
The whole process is very easy and took about 15mins.
Putting it back was a little messy and took about 25mins.
I would strongly suggest a tubeless conversion.

Upgrades I would expect in the future:
Hazard lamps.
LED indicators/ tail lamp.
Taller windscreen.
Bonnie like seat, little longer too.
Clear headlamp set up.
Adjustable levers.
Alloy rims.
Would be happy to pay extra for these practical changes, if provided as optional!

All in all, a fabulous bike and bang for the buck.
But, I will wait for a while until some of these are addressed.
Again, good job RE!

Last edited by katoom : 5th March 2019 at 12:14.
katoom is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks