Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 23:54   #646
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

One of my colleagues has got a Interceptor 650 and is enjoying the ride to its fullest. However, he has one complain that the gear levers are harder and not slotting properly and is planning to check with service center.

I remember that almost all the reviews pointed out the smoothness of the gear levers, but then in the last few pages I see the owners complains about the harder gear levers, what changed now?
Old 6th April 2019, 10:49   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
One of my colleagues has got a Interceptor 650 and is enjoying the ride to its fullest. However, he has one complain that the gear levers are harder and not slotting properly and is planning to check with service center.
If the chain isn't adjusted right, gear shifts won't be smooth. Might be a good idea to check it out.
Also, the position of the lever can be adjusted as per individual preference - if it's way too low or high, the shifts can be erratic.
Finally, check the clutch free play.
Apart from these, I don't see any other variable.
Old 6th April 2019, 12:40   #648
BHPian

Could anyone chime in on the Interceptor 650 touring seat? What's the difference between that and the stock seat? Visually, they appear identical. Is it actually worth springing for the touring seat?
Old 6th April 2019, 19:52   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Hatter View Post
Could anyone chime in on the Interceptor 650 touring seat? What's the difference between that and the stock seat? Visually, they appear identical. Is it actually worth springing for the touring seat?
Just different compound. I tried both. The stock ones makes my bum hurt after about an hour on the saddle. Touring one is good for 30 more mins..

A friend of mine (bulubiker) has done some mods to his stock seat and is off to Bhutan on it. Do check his video on his YouTube channel.

The link to join the BLR Twins Group is below.

https://*******************/H86mdTQTDZt8m00Xhr5Xy5

Last edited by adityasiera : 6th April 2019 at 20:12.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 21:22   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

I was invited by Bhpian ALTIMAed to be a part of the delivery ceremony of his Interceptor 650 at Chinarpark, Rajarhat showroom in Kolkata.

This is the first time i saw this bike in flesh and i loved it. It looked so handy and easy to ride. Loved the seating position too. The fit and finish looked good. Will love to take a long TD of this bike soon.

Sharing few pics from the delivery ceremony-

The moment for which we all wait for! Congrats Sunil da and wish you a very happy and safe ownership experience with your Interceptor 650

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-aybo9147.jpg

From Left to right- Me, Bhpian ALTIMAed, Bhpian avrendu, Bhpian SVKRider

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-mkdd3068.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-eafh7409.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-eqty5449.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_0538.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_0539.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_0540.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-nuvk1443.jpg

The happy father & son duo

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-qone0338.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 6th April 2019 at 21:31.
Samba is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 16:35   #651
BHPian

My Continental GT 650 has arrived. Had booked the bike on Feb 5th. For 2 years I have been putting up with this itch to get back to riding, and it progressively got more and more out of control with every new launch. In the same period went through some impulsive phases when I booked and cancelled some bikes (Himalayan and Duke 250). Ninja 300 ABS ticked all the right boxes, but the atrocious handling charges and the fiasco that ensued with the dealer closed the chapter even before it started. A casual visit to the RE showroom and one look at the GT was enough to seal the deal. This had to be the bike for me! I have no intention of touring on the bike nor am I interested in breakfast rides. I just wanted an exhilarating bike to scratch the itch to ride. The GT fits the bill plus the design is a timeless beauty.

Will be back to riding after a span of 12 years. My last bike was a RE electra 2004 which needed an engine overhaul at 14000 kms. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping for a pleasant ownership experience this time around.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-gt.jpeg  

Last edited by greenoval : 7th April 2019 at 17:00.
greenoval is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:27   #652
BHPian

There was a short ride to Ground Zero near Nandi yesterday organized by RE exclusively for the twins. More than 150 bikes turned up - heard from RE associate - did not count though I went there as well. It was good to see so many twins, quite a few modifications, accessories added on many of them.
Old 8th April 2019, 11:53   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
My Continental GT 650 has arrived. Had booked the bike on Feb 5th.

I just wanted an exhilarating bike to scratch the itch to ride. The GT fits the bill plus the design is a timeless beauty.
Congratulations!! Lucky to have got the CGT so soon..Guys in Bengaluru booked in November are still waiting for their CGT

My reason for gbuyin CGT is the same as yours Have a fantastic and safe riding with the bike. If possible, do open a thread on your ownership of CGT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
There was a short ride to Ground Zero near Nandi yesterday organized by RE exclusively for the twins. More than 150 bikes turned up - heard from RE associate - did not count though I went there as well. It was good to see so many twins, quite a few modifications, accessories added on many of them.
Any idea how you get subscribed to these events? Would like to join these rides in the future.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th April 2019 at 10:11. Reason: back to back posts merged
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:11   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Any idea how you get subscribed to these events? Would like to join these rides in the future.
Every RE dealership has a ride coordinator. Get in touch with them and they will keep you informed.

There is a One Ride coming up on Apr 28th (for all RE bikes).
Old 8th April 2019, 12:20   #655
VEA
BHPian

I got my CGT 650 two days back. Had booked the Ice Queen, but the chrome was offered to me and I took it. There is a slight vibe on the handle bars at all speeds, a little more than expected. Nothing unbearable though. Surprisingly the stock mirrors are better than expected in terms of visibility. I plan to get the bar end mirrors. How practical are they in terms of rear visibility? Anyone using the CGT bar end mirrors please comment. I am also unsure about how the black mirrors will suit the chrome tank.

The chrome tank is a finger print magnet which is an irritation. I plan to get it coated with something as a protection as well as avoiding the fingerprints. Will the 3M PP film spoil the looks? Any suggestions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-cgt.jpg  

VEA is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 20:05   #656

A breakfast ride was conducted by RE exclusively for Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 on April 7th, Sunday to Ground Zero Hub located near Nandi Hills. Close to 180 motorcycles Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-4.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-3.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-2.jpgturned up for the event. Sharing a few pictures from the event.
Vivek.bk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 20:25   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.bk View Post
A breakfast ride exclusively for RE twins was conducted by RE on Sunday, April 7th to Ground Zero Hub near Nandi Hills in Bangalore. Close to 180 motorcycles from various parts of the city turned up for the breakfast ride followed by a DIY session for the benefit of the riders. Uploading a few images from the event.

This is crazy insane! Looks like a bike stockyard at a harbour! More power to the 'Twins'!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th April 2019 at 08:19. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 8th April 2019, 21:38   #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
This is crazy insane! Looks like a bike stockyard at a harbour! More power to the 'Twins'!
Totally! Here are a few more snaps!
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-bd0c20d6541e45a8991b2841904d8849.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-2166ba18bb96424d83cf9d8b37f214a0.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-3c4af2e37ff540d993a6849e87712331.jpeg  

Vivek.bk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 21:49   #659
BHPian

Well, Lady Marmalade and I did our first ride yesterday. There was an event organised by RE for the folks at Bangalore and we were to ride until Ground Zero at the base of Nandi Hills. The onward commute was without any issues but on my return, I had a terrible butt ache. The seat needs a change. I've been hearing a lot of people in the Bangalore group saying Rao's seats in Shivajinagar does a good job on seat mods. Planning on visiting him sometime this weekend to get a firmer seat. With the stock seat, anything above 75-80 kms is a pain.

Apart from the seat, I was happy with the bike's overall performance. I may also invest in a battery tender. Since the bike will only be used a couple of weekends every month, I don't want the battery to give up on me.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 11:36   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I got my CGT 650
Congratulations on your CGT! The chrome one looks delicious. After the Icy Queen, this is my second favorite.

Quote:
I plan to get the bar end mirrors. How practical are they in terms of rear visibility?
They are pretty pointless in terms of practicality and rear end visibility. it wouldn't give you too much coverage that you are looking for. Sharing the feedback based on my experience with similar bar end mirrors on my GT 535. Have tried both the round ones as well as the oval ones. But if you want to fix them for the looks, go ahead. Looks pretty sleek on the bike.

Ride safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks