Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 19:44   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Not a secret, but looks like the alloy wheel and auxiliary LED lamps are the next set of accessories to be offered on the 650 twins. Looking forward to the alloys and also hoping that it wont be the same design as the alloys being offered in the Classic and Thunderbird range of bikes.

Source - https://indianautosblog.com/royal-en...wheels-p316962
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 21:37   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.bk View Post
Close to 180 motorcycles
Classic Legends, please take note. This is how a bike is ‘sold out till September’. Not like the Mawa.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 22:09   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.bk View Post
Totally! Here are a few more snaps!
At the outset if this is against the code. But, couldn’t help it! A classic squadron blue in disguise!
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-8199191f9cba4ba48d80f89a4c09bd70.jpeg  

Old 9th April 2019, 22:39   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Not a secret, but looks like the alloy wheel and auxiliary LED lamps are the next set of accessories to be offered on the 650 twins. Looking forward to the alloys and also hoping that it wont be the same design as the alloys being offered in the Classic and Thunderbird range of bikes.

Source - https://indianautosblog.com/royal-en...wheels-p316962
Royal Enfield, it seems, anticipated the enthusiastic response to their twins & planned everything out to a 'T'. I am sure that they would have made provisions to ramp up production suitably should the need arise. At the same time another division would have planned the production/ purchase and marketing of accessories. Yet another department would've worked on organising rides etc. All said and done, they have done their homework and are now raking in the moolah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Classic Legends, please take note. This is how a bike is ‘sold out till September’. Not like the Mawa.
Looks like Mahindra/ Classic Legends did not appreciate the overwhelming response that these two motorcycles would garner and were caught napping by the enthusiastic & unprecedented demand. Still there is time to make amends. They ought to take a leaf out of Royal Enfield's book and ramp up production to meet the growing demand. They have a capable, competent & quality product which IMO will last the distance - they just have to market it right.

Cheers !
Old 9th April 2019, 23:11   #665
BHPian

Jammed fastener in lower yoke found during installation of fork gaiters accessory at the dealership. After hours of trying, fastener broke in half leaving one half stuck inside the yoke. Dealership was nice enough to temporarily swap it with the yoke from their test ride till a replacement can be arranged. I don't exactly know the reason for the jammed fastener, but suspect that it was fitted improperly at the factory. If I'm right, it is disappointing RE.

In the Facebook 650 twins group discussion two possibilities were concluded, both issues at the assembly line. Could be either a wrong thread-locker liquid or over-torquing of the bolt.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-fb_img_1554831672228.jpg  

Last edited by param22k : 9th April 2019 at 23:16.
param22k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 11:38   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post

Looks like Mahindra/ Classic Legends did not appreciate the overwhelming response that these two motorcycles would garner and were caught napping by the enthusiastic & unprecedented demand. Still there is time to make amends. They ought to take a leaf out of Royal Enfield's book and ramp up production to meet the growing demand. They have a capable, competent & quality product which IMO will last the distance - they just have to market it right.

Cheers !
The RE Twins cater to a completely different market from the Jawas, which would more accurately be pitted against the 350s. There's no competition from Jawa for the Twins.

As an aside, I never found the new Jawas to be very appealing. With their delayed deliveries and IMO slightly exorbitant pricing, they don't seem much value for money and may not provide put too much of a dent in Bullet sales. I'll be sticking with my original Jawa 353.
The_Mad_Hatter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 17:57   #667
BHPian

Had the first puncture on the Int 650: front wheel
Thankfully it happened near home.
Called a nearby garage fellow and he checked for any visible signs of sharp objects on the tyre, there were none, we removed the tyre and checked the tube On closer inspection it was found that the puncture was on the inner side (the side that faces the rim) right on the joint of the tube and not on the side that faces the tyre/road. we checked the rim for any abnormalities, all was fine till we checked the size of the tube provided

The Pirelli tyre size is 100/90 18, whereas the tube provided is of Ceat which is 3'00 18. Mind you the air pressure was checked that morning and was at the recommended 32 psi
A little research online threw the following result for Ceat 3'00 18 tube
Vehicle Compatibility: Hero Glamour-125, Passion / Mahindra Centuro, Pantero / Suzuki Slingshot, Hayate / TVS Star City, Star Sport / Yamaha YBR

Why couldn't RE provide a tube made for the tyre? (Agreed that it is a TL tyre and normally ships without a tube), but there are so many tube options available in 100/90 18 size. The Ceat tube provided is a size smaller and probably cannot hold the pressure / weight / speed.
schitre05 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 21:59   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I got my CGT 650 two days back. Had booked the Ice Queen, but the chrome was offered to me and I took it. There is a slight vibe on the handle bars at all speeds, a little more than expected. Nothing unbearable though.
Congratulations for the new ride, it's beautiful. I love the CGT 650 but not the RE, and still don't know weather I should trust them with my money.

I am thinking of going in for this Mr. Clean or chrome color which is also the most expensive. It has the maximum waiting period of 4 months and is about ₹15K more expensive on-road than the Ice Queen, so were you asked to pay the difference?

I will be looking forward to the ownership experiences of fellow bhpians before making the decision.

Meanwhile I can't help but notice that the rims on your mr. clean are chrome, but on the website they are available in both chrome and black colors. I want them black, can we choose the color of the rims during the booking or would that be just a random thing.

Is tank chrome painted? or is it a vinyl job?

Also, can we please have more pictures of your Mr. Clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190410wa0010.jpg  

Last edited by wrongturn : 10th April 2019 at 22:07.
Old 10th April 2019, 22:20   #669
VEA
BHPian

The price difference has to be paid always. The dealer just offers an earlier delivery, and you can choose to take it or pass it. The tank is plated, and the quality of the plating is better than expected. It feels like polished stainless steel tableware to touch and to clean. I also noticed that the RE website shows black rims on Mr. Clean, but all the pictures of actual delivered bikes shows silver finish. It seems like a mistake on the website.

Last edited by VEA : 10th April 2019 at 22:21.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 22:38   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Had the first puncture on the Int 650: front wheel
Thankfully it happened near home.
Called a nearby garage fellow and he checked for any visible signs of sharp objects on the tyre, there were none, we removed the tyre and checked the tube On closer inspection it was found that the puncture was on the inner side (the side that faces the rim) right on the joint of the tube and not on the side that faces the tyre/road. we checked the rim for any abnormalities, all was fine till we checked the size of the tube provided

The Pirelli tyre size is 100/90 18, whereas the tube provided is of Ceat which is 3'00 18. Mind you the air pressure was checked that morning and was at the recommended 32 psi
A little research online threw the following result for Ceat 3'00 18 tube
Vehicle Compatibility: Hero Glamour-125, Passion / Mahindra Centuro, Pantero / Suzuki Slingshot, Hayate / TVS Star City, Star Sport / Yamaha YBR

Why couldn't RE provide a tube made for the tyre? (Agreed that it is a TL tyre and normally ships without a tube), but there are so many tube options available in 100/90 18 size. The Ceat tube provided is a size smaller and probably cannot hold the pressure / weight / speed.
Did you finally change to a 100/90 18 size tube? Which one and how much did it cost you? The rear tube might need attention too then.

Also, with the aluminum rims, did it require special care in opening it up?
Old 11th April 2019, 10:43   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
Did you finally change to a 100/90 18 size tube? Which one and how much did it cost you? The rear tube might need attention too then.

Also, with the aluminum rims, did it require special care in opening it up?
Yes changed the tube to a 100/90 18, Wilson brand, ensured it to be of Butyl, cost me Rs.500/-
I am on the lookout for a branded tube now, both for the front and the rear and will change it as required.
No special care/tools required, one just has to be bit careful of the scratches on the black wheel.
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 21:05   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
Wow that is a healthy increase in the number of interceptors in team bhp.
I guess i am in a minority who have cancelled my interceptor booking and settled for a Jap.
I'm really curious. What did you book?
Old 12th April 2019, 22:20   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
I'm really curious. What did you book?
I am betting on the Ninja 650! Odds anyone?
HandfulOfHell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 04:32   #674
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
After hours of trying
Next time insist on using an Impact Driver, from the pictures you've shared it seems that the ASC had used an Allen Key with an extension or hammer which resulted in the bolt snapping.

Some critical bolts on every motorcycle are fixed using thread lockers, hence it is essential to use an impact driver to remove such bolts.

Lets hope you get a replacement than the same piece with a new bolt in place after the ASC had gone medieval on it to remove the seized bolt.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 12:13   #675
BHPian

Took my CGT for a decently long ride (by 'newbie' biker standards) - approx. 65 kms without a break and have observations to make - none technical, but purely what I experienced as someone riding a bike after a long long gap.
1) The bike is HEAVY. And this weighty issue gets more compounded during the parking exercise. This is one bike you can’t just ride into park and not consider how you are going to get it out again. Tried few methods of maneuvering the stationary bike - paddling the bike backwards while being seated, getting off the bike and pushing it, only to conclude that I won't be needing a gym membership!
2) The committed riding posture is easier said than done! Even though I was making a conscious effort to adhere to the prescribed standard of riding a sporty bike, I rarely got it all correct together - elbows, wrists, grabbing the tank et al. I realize it will be a steep learning curve. But the very few moments when it all fell together, I enjoyed thoroughly (my palms don't agree though).
3) The gear shifts are precise. However, I sorely missed a gear indicator.
4) The power delivery of this bike is not something that should scare a newbie. Its an easy bike to tame (sans the parking bit). Even in slow moving traffic, the bike can be easily controlled.
5) The brakes are just perfect.
6) The engine has a nice burbly rumble in neutral. But once on the move it pretty much flies under the radar.
7) Filled her up once. Found the fuel cap cumbersome.
8) Comprehending the fuel meter reading and judging the amount of fuel left is an art in itself.
9) Some youtube videos suggest riding with the balls of your feet on the footpegs. Tried this on the CGT and found my feet not anywhere near the brake or gear shifter, wasting valuable seconds reaching out for those levers.
10) 'Plain-jane' dealership experience. No cake-cutting, unveiling drama. Take delivery of the bike and go to the nearest numberwala to get the numbers pasted on your own.

CGT is definitely a fun to ride bike provided the rider is ready to unlearn some habits learnt from riding relaxed bikes. Till then its wise to pick a route peppered with coffee shops.
greenoval is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks