Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2019, 12:45   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
This is just criminally bad! You can't do this on a 3L bike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
A thoroughly disappointing experience. I am not desperate to get the delivery, but as a company, least they can do is keep their buyers informed about delays or whatsoever. What a pathetic dealership management with hopeless attitude.
Well, good old RE, glad to see they're staying true to their 'heritage', after all they're so proud of it! Unfortunately their heritage includes taking customers for granted, pathetic dealer experience, horrible QC, poor service and using the first batch of buyers as testers for inevitable niggles!

Quote:
With so many sales and multiple dealers in town now, the overall experience should have improved a lot but on the contrary, its on a decline.
Well, I bought my RE from Teknik (Indiranagar) in 2007. The waiting time was just a couple of weeks, but the rest of the experience seems consistent!

Quote:
After my two RE motorcycle experiences in the past, i had decided never to get back to that brand again. With the interceptor test ride, and the price point its launched at, i thought to give them another try. Now wondering if its the right one..
Yeah, true, was pretty blown away by the bike after I got a chance to ride a friend's Interceptor, but I was also pretty sure the 'RE experience' would remain RE and don't think I want to go through that again!
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 21:04   #692
BHPian

Any updates on the latest delivery time of interceptor guys? Bangalore/TN

Also would like to know if the delivery can be taken on TR and registered in the other state. My friend has booked one in his name and it's ready for delivery but he's not interested anymore. What would be the procedure to get it registered in my name as first owner in a different state?

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 16th April 2019 at 21:12. Reason: Added more text
Old 17th April 2019, 20:05   #693
BHPian

Is it easy to replace the silver fenders on the Twins with black ones? Are they(black) available from the dealership?

Are there any black alloy handlebars available for the twins - not the crude high RD350 bar but something more aesthetic. Can the Thunderbird X handlebar be retrofit?

Finally had anyone fit high rise bars on the Continental GT 650? Any feedback on riding dynamics post this change?

Last edited by HandfulOfHell : 17th April 2019 at 20:08.
Old 17th April 2019, 21:28   #694
BHPian

Quote:

Post that call, i also wrote a mail to RE and got the standard reply. pasting as it is below:
Greetings from Royal Enfield!!!
At the outset, we appreciate your interest for Royal Enfield Twins.We would like to inform you that there has been an unexpected level of demand for the Interceptor 650/Continental GT 650 which we are now trying our best to meet however this may cause a delay in the delivery of your Interceptor 650/Continental GT 650 by a certain period. You may get the delivery of your motorcycle between 08th to 14th June 2019. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused due to delay.
That is a templatised email response from RE. Have written several emails as I faced the same pathetic experience from RE & it's dealers before I got my bike after waiting for 81 days.
thumpmeister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 11:10   #695
BHPian

My GT650 shut off itself twice in last 4 days, once at a trafiic signal while in neutral and today early morning in 6th gear at around 60kmph. not sure what happened but both the time it was almost with in 10min of starting it after a long (10 hours break). I hope this is not transforming into something bad, but something transient and goes away with next refueling.

Anyone with similar experience or heard about this from someone?

-Pramod
Old 19th April 2019, 11:13   #696
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
That is a templatised email response from RE. Have written several emails as I faced the same pathetic experience from RE & it's dealers before I got my bike after waiting for 81 days.
Yep, standard templatised reply to any query on delivery date. After this, I also wrote specifically to the dealer but as expected, no reply back. Its been more then 100days since booking, not sure if the colour variants which are adding to the confusion as there seem no logic in the deliveries like "first come first serve". No great hurry for me, as i do have a bike to take care of my present requirements.
Quote:
Anyone with similar experience or heard about this from someone?
Thats scary and raises concern. I do remember reading about this issue on the FB group for the RE twins, so its NOT an isolated case for sure. Hope in order to meet the high demand, RE is not cutting corners.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 19th April 2019 at 11:16.
Old 19th April 2019, 11:19   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
My GT650 shut off itself twice in last 4 days
Could be case of bad fuel. Was petrol filled just after tanker unloaded at petrol bunk, expecting you filled petrol at your regular trusted outlet.

Quote:
within 10min of starting it after a long (10 hours break)
this is also another indication of bad fuel.
Old 19th April 2019, 13:42   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T
Greetings from Royal Enfield!!!
At the outset, we appreciate your interest for Royal Enfield Twins.We would like to inform you that there has been an unexpected level of demand for the Interceptor 650/Continental GT 650 which we are now trying our best to meet however this may cause a delay in the delivery of your Interceptor 650/Continental GT 650 by a certain period. You may get the delivery of your motorcycle between 08th to 14th June 2019. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused due to delay.
So I made my booking in November and I am yet to get hold of the bike. My booking was made, I think on the 2nd or 3rd day after the launch. They had at first given me a tentative delivery date around first week of February, which was then postponed to sometime between 8th April - 15th April, and now the latest response is atleast not in the month of May.
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 16:22   #699
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
So I made my booking in November and I am yet to get hold of the bike. My booking was made, I think on the 2nd or 3rd day after the launch. They had at first given me a tentative delivery date around first week of February, which was then postponed to sometime between 8th April - 15th April, and now the latest response is atleast not in the month of May.
Thats a lot of waiting time.. Hope lady luck shines and you get yours sooner.

As per the RE Twins Facebook page, there are guys in chennai getting the delivery of baker express in 3 weeks flat as they have their 'sources' in right place. Thats the sad part. There seems no method to this madness.
Old 20th April 2019, 06:39   #700
BHPian

I visited the Bandra, Mumbai showroom yesterday to try and see if I could speed up delivery by opting for any colour apart from chrome. I'm 7th on the list for Ravishing Red, they estimate 30-45 days minimum unless people before me cancel.
Old 21st April 2019, 15:14   #701
Senior - BHPian

Question to 650 Owners,

Though I did a TD od 650, forgot to check if has a Centre stand and/or if it comes as a Standard fitment or not ? If not, does it have a provision to fit one ?

In one of the threads a pic of a 650 propped up on a paddock stand prompted this question

Thanks and Ride Safe

Ram
Old 21st April 2019, 16:40   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Question to 650 Owners,

Though I did a TD od 650, forgot to check if has a Centre stand and/or if it comes as a Standard fitment or not ? If not, does it have a provision to fit one ?

In one of the threads a pic of a 650 propped up on a paddock stand prompted this question

Thanks and Ride Safe

Ram
Yes, Int 650 comes with a Centre Stand.
shijinpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 00:03   #703
Senior - BHPian

Phew, I finally took delivery of my Baker express Interceptor on 12th April, I have completed just over 1000 km on the bike at the moment. I will post a detailed review up on our forum pretty soon - I am still thinking on how to structure the review to make it interesting and keep up with team-bhp's high standards

On a high level - I really like the bike, and have gotten used to the foot peg position now.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-timg_0131.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-timg_0215.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-timg_0219.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 16:50   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Its been more then 100days since booking, not sure if the colour variants which are adding to the confusion as there seem no logic in the deliveries like "first come first serve". No great hurry for me, as i do have a bike to take care of my present requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

I had booked a Baker's Express on Nov 18th from CVS Motors, Bengaluru. I did get a call around 15th Mar that it is ready and I can make the full payment. But I was busy with other things and couldn't go so asked them to allot that vehicle for somebody else and I will be calling them back by mid of April. This call was directly from RE, CVS was not involved in this discussion. Absolutely no communication from the dealership between the day of booking and now.

Now that I'm ready to take the motorcycle, I called CVS yesterday and asked them a tentative delivery date and the person who handled my booking said CVS is not delivering twins anymore and my booking will be re-assigned to HSR . I pulled up my contacts and spoke to sales manager at HSR, Lalbagh - Mr.Mithun and he connected me to ASM of RE - Mr.Sunny. When I told him I booked in November, he said he will assign my booking to HSR, Lalbagh and I can get the motorcycle in as little as 3 days. Got a call later in the evening from Mr.Mithun that I can go ahead and do full payment, following which I will be allotted a motorcycle. He will then open an application with RTO for registration and I can take the delivery after that.

I'm planning to visit HSR, Lalbagh this Saturday, complete the payment and inspect the motorcycle that gets allotted to me. Mr.Mithun confirmed that he can give the delivery on Monday. I wonder why my booking was assigned to HSR from CVS and I intend to find it out on Saturday.
Old 26th April 2019, 11:36   #705
BHPian

My booking was also re assigned from cvs to another dealer. There is some issue between CVS and RE, apparently

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks