Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2019, 09:01   #886
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Interceptor - Stock handlebar dimensions

I am looking to buy an aftermarket handlebar for my Interceptor. While most sellers of aftermarket handlebars have detailed dimensions for their handlebars, I do not have the dimensions of the stock handlebar to compare ergonomics / aesthetics. If anyone has dimensions of Interceptor's stock handlebar, kindly share.

Including a sample diagram of common handlebar dimensions
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190626_230554.jpg  

Old 27th June 2019, 09:13   #887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
Interceptor - Stock handlebar dimensions
Don't mind me asking but why can't you simply take a measuring tape to it.

While buying handlebars make sure to note girth, on some motorcycles such as KTM's the girth is more at the centre and then tappers out towards the ends.
Old 27th June 2019, 09:22   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Don't mind me asking but why can't you simply take a measuring tape to it.
Hi Ashwin, I did try with a tape but you can only get approx values, esp for values like rise, lean/bend angle, central stalk, etc. while handlebars sold outside come with multiple closely varying values for some of these dimensions. For e.g., I saw one seller selling multiple handle bars with rise values varying by 1 cm each! Hence the question, just in case someone had a drawing.

The girth is 22mm throughout on the outside for the bar. If I buy a bar with a different (usually bigger) girth, I will need a separate set of clamps as well.
HandfulOfHell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 21:07   #889

After a long wait, since 25th Nov. 2018 to be precise, got my Continental GT 650 (Mister Clean) from Allied Auto in Dehradun. I think it was well worth the wait.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190624_225702.jpg
SpeedyS is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 00:42   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
High note performance is bringing in the S&S exhausts for the RE Twins. You can pre-order them here

They cost a whopping 49k INR

Keep rumbling!
surjaonwheelz
How’s this for thought ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-d70089fc209e498b97403d0b474d105d.jpeg  

isldhn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 12:44   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
How’s this for thought ;-)
Any better pictures to show how it looks from the side profile?

First thought that occurred to me was that the exhaust would have to be removed to remove the rear tyre for a puncture. Would be very cumbersome when stranded in the middle of nowhere.
aravind.anand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 14:29   #892
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
First thought that occurred to me was that the exhaust would have to be removed to remove the rear tyre for a puncture. Would be very cumbersome when stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Exhaust covering the axle lug is common for most motorcycles, even my CT100B.

To counter this you can use a ring spanner or in an emergency use the one provided in the tool kit, though it is a bit inconvenient even with the extension attached.

I simply sit on the pavement and use my leg to undo it, messy but more convenient than 1st degree burns.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 15:32   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Exhaust covering the axle lug is common for most motorcycles, even my CT100B.

To counter this you can use a ring spanner or in an emergency use the one provided in the tool kit, though it is a bit inconvenient even with the extension attached.

I simply sit on the pavement and use my leg to undo it, messy but more convenient than 1st degree burns.
Sure, it is that way with many other bikes, but to loosen the nut one can make use of the ring spanner, and then the axle can be pulled out from the other side. But how do we extract the axle out with exhausts on both the sides for the Interceptor? That would simply not be feasible in this case right? Or am I missing something?
aravind.anand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 15:47   #894

Quick question to all Bengaluru fols who have taken delivery of the bike.

The dealer (Teknik motorcycles, Outer ring road, Sarjapur) is quoting me a labour charge of Rs. 700 for fitting the sump guard (bash plates) and the front crash guard even when I am asking those to be fitted before delivery. Also, the fork gaiters are not available as of now and the dealer is willing to waive of the fitting charges when the stock is available. Is it normal to pay extra as labour charge for fitment before delivery?

Also, is there any benefit of fitting the fork gaiters? What freebies did you guys get at delivery?
Old 28th June 2019, 16:06   #895
BANNED

Quote:
Sure, it is that way with many other bikes, but to loosen the nut one can make use of the ring spanner, and then the axle can be pulled out from the other side. But how do we extract the axle out with exhausts on both the sides for the Interceptor? That would simply not be feasible in this case right? Or am I missing something?
The bend pipe of the Interceptor is up-swept leaving enough clearance for the axle bolt to be pulled out, had verified this when the motorcycle first came out.

But yes, while browsing on the phone I did miss to note that on isldhn's motorcycle he has changed/modified the bend pipe as well, and used extended clamps to lower the exhausts, which would definitely warrant an exhaust removal, not a smart move, especially since the ones he has comes with minimal padding.
Old 28th June 2019, 16:27   #896
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Quick question to all Bengaluru fols who have taken delivery of the bike.
I took delivery of my Baker Express from the exact same dealer. I was quoted and paid Rs 700 for the fitment charges for fork gaiters, bash plate, crash guard and visor screen. So yes, the same rate is being quoted to everyone for accessories fitment. It makes sense mainly for the fork gaiters as there is good amount of work involved, comprising of removal of brake assembly, wheel, etc. Also the bash plate and crash guard involves some bit of work too, unless one is DIY confident. Even if we just buy accessories from the dealer and get it fitted elsewhere, we will have to pay for fitment. 700 feels on a bit higher side, but i guess they are taking advantage of a new bike where buyers usually just agree to such demands. I was ok with 700 being charged but did not like their approach. At delivery, half the accessories were not fitted. On demand, they fitted the accessories right at the delivery time but did in a very rough manner. It was almost torturous to see a brand new bike being subjected to sub-standard and harsh workmanship.

Fork gaiters are mainly for aesthetics but it originated to protect forks from elements, mainly fine dust which acts like fine sandpaper. Earlier, the seals were not that advanced and more prone to leakages. These days, even without the protection, the seals are of much superior quality and usually hold well for thousands of kms.
Freebies? Really!! I was thanking my stars that they were giving me bike at least. Leaving with some pics from last weekend outing.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190622_101421.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190622_100812.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190622_101543.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190622_105748.jpg  

Last edited by nasirkaka : 28th June 2019 at 16:34.
nasirkaka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 18:40   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, It would be inconvenient, but then there are two thoughts that crossed my mind before I got this modification done. One, the tyres are not tubeless and usually the road side mechanic would hardly take the tube completely out for repairing. Second, exhaust removal is also not a big deal as it's just two bolts which have to be loosened. And I guess the exhausts would also move downwards if the motorcycle is pressed down from the rear making the swingers bolts accessible. Do correct me if I am wrong.
Old 28th June 2019, 22:42   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Hi - Finally got a picture that i could upload. And this is the only angle this crack is visible. Headlight fogged up confirming the crack.
It's not a crack, it's present on my 2015 CGT 535 as well. It's probably a design element maybe to reduce the glare on the oncoming traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20190628223757__01.jpg  

Last edited by wrongturn : 28th June 2019 at 22:45.
Old 29th June 2019, 07:33   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anybody ever consumed 13 liters of petrol (or atleast neared that amount) on their Interceptor bike? The last blinking block on the fuel guage starts well around 8 liter mark, and the max I have pushed it till 11 liters. Yesterday the almost empty tank didn't at all make any noise when I shook it, yet when I filled up the tank, it came down to 10.9 liters.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 19:10   #900

Hey here in Coimbatore I fitted fork gaiter, crash guard, heel guard and single seat with cowl . He didn't charge me anything for fitment. That too the dealer was not the one I purchased my bike from.
elitei20 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks