Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 15:44   #1276
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Congratulations. I thought you were buying Vstrom 650.

Himalayan wind screen fits, you can also try Puig. Avenger wind screen would be too big in my opinion.
Well - bought the INT 650 due to some immediate finance issues. The VStrom 650 is in the list anyways. Will evaluate 18 months down the line.

For now its the INT650. Value for money takes the front seat!
kaustubh_vaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 17:13   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Not exactly
Its almost ominous that you typed out that comment and a riding buddy bent a rim on his impulse, on the road, at a very slow speed. His bike is shod with MX knobby tyres (very soft sidewall) and I think the rim took the full impact. I agree with what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
I have to say that it is quite refreshing to watch some desi content worth watching(Finally!). Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much! Your support means a lot I (try to) post every Friday so do check out the vids and do provide some feedback

BTW - I have put up a new thread specific to discussing off road riding. Do stop by for your comments and suggestions on the topic

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ad-riding.html

This "dirty" tribe needs to grow

Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 08:32   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Ultimate Bar Risers for Interceptor. I love his narration

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 09:16   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I read this article a few days ago and while this is an ongoing debate in various other motorcycle forums as well; I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. Where I do disagree with Deelip is the generalization he makes wrt how and where people ride (off road). Surely it makes no sense to go for spoked wheels if your predominant travel involves roads and adventure means a rather flat gravel / fire road
I was expecting the Star Wars theme, i am immensely disappointed and my day is ruined

Last edited by GTO : 11th October 2019 at 08:47. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 16:43   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
i am immensely dissappointed
Ahh the list grows! I was beginning to wonder if I had lost my touch

Even Youtube felt disappointed methinks, hence they decided to send me a copyright claim for the opening music and theme

Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 01:30   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Ahh the list grows! I was beginning to wonder if I had lost my touch

Even Youtube felt disappointed methinks, hence they decided to send me a copyright claim for the opening music and theme

greedy people they are, discourage young people they do
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 14:49   #1282
BHPian

Royal Enfield wins big at the Bike Shed Festival with Custom Continental GT 650

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re_nought_tea_gt_kneedown.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re_nought_tea_gt_fuel_cap.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re_nought_tea_gt_clip_on.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re_nought_tea_gt_brakes.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re_nought_tea_gt.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re_nought_tea_gt_yoke.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-re_nought_tea_gt_side.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-evoindia_201910_8756b60f8fa9476cb7b634a98fbff50c_harrisgt_x2_headon.jpg

Quote:
The Nought Tea GT gets a bored-out engine, complete with a 750cc S&S big bore kit. All these mods have helped the bike shed 18.5kg while gaining a 26 percent bump in power.
With almost 60bhp available, and looks as classy as the Nought Tea GT, we can’t help but wonder if such a kit could be ever made available to us commoners.
Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 17:49   #1283
BHPian

I have been following this thread and practically watched every Indian video review of Conti GT650 on Youtube. But still not able to make up my mind.

I have owned the Yamaha R3 since almost 2 years and I absolutely love it. Its a flawless machine. But off late, I feel more inclined towards raw form of motorcycling (read cafe racers and scramblers) over sports bikes. I have heard rave reviews about the new Conti GT. Will this be a right switch from the RE?

I do understand that I am comparing apples to oranges, but how would the Conti 650 fare especially in the feel and reliability areas when compared to R3?
Old 11th October 2019, 17:56   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
I do understand that I am comparing apples to oranges, but how would the Conti 650 fare especially in the feel and reliability areas when compared to R3?
You will always miss the R3.

The CGT has a rather committed seating which would be uncomfortable in comparison to commuterish seating position of the R3.

And reliability wise, there is no comparison between Yamaha and Royal Enfield.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 17:11   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
You will always miss the R3.

The CGT has a rather committed seating which would be uncomfortable in comparison to commuterish seating position of the R3.

And reliability wise, there is no comparison between Yamaha and Royal Enfield.
I don’t mind the aggressive riding position since I had a R15 for the longest time. More worried about the reliability, especially since RE is notorious on that front. But haven’t heard any negatives of the twins in that aspect so far. Anything in particular to look out for?
Old 13th October 2019, 18:29   #1286
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
More worried about the reliability, especially since RE is notorious on that front. But haven’t heard any negatives of the twins in that aspect so far. Anything in particular to look out for?
None so far, IMO RE has gone beyond their generic approach and provided a much better product wrt the twins from a long term prospective.

The feedback seems to be same overseas, refer to the below review video

Old 13th October 2019, 23:55   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
None so far, IMO RE has gone beyond their generic approach and provided a much better product wrt the twins from a long term prospective.

The feedback seems to be same overseas, refer to the below review video
It’s really nice to hear such positive things about RE overseas, especially when it’s compared and stands it’s ground against the much more expensive Triumphs. I have made up my mind to get a Continental GT. But as one of the BHPian advised, will be waiting for the BS6 version to get launched, since I am not in a hurry to switch.

Last edited by razrman : 13th October 2019 at 23:58.
razrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 15:13   #1288
Senior - BHPian

'The 30' by Krom Works

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-royalcustomenfieldcontinentalgt650caferacer3.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-royalcustomenfieldcontinentalgt650caferacer4.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-royalcustomenfieldcontinentalgt650caferacer8.jpg
Source:bikeexif.com
Old 14th October 2019, 18:43   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
Hi Ashwin, I did try with a tape but you can only get approx values, esp for values like rise, lean/bend angle, central stalk, etc. while handlebars sold outside come with multiple closely varying values for some of these dimensions. For e.g., I saw one seller selling multiple handle bars with rise values varying by 1 cm each! Hence the question, just in case someone had a drawing.

The girth is 22mm throughout on the outside for the bar. If I buy a bar with a different (usually bigger) girth, I will need a separate set of clamps as well.
Hi....I was searching for the same info...so wondering if you had any success with the handlebar dimensions or geometry...I was thinking the RD350 handlebar would be more comfortable...check out STG Tracker, Argentina..they have used something similar to RD350 style handlebar & looks awesome & also kinda more ergonomic....

I used to love riding my Rx100 with the RD350 handlebars.....
Old 14th October 2019, 19:25   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxtreme View Post
Hi....I was searching for the same info...so wondering if you had any success with the handlebar dimensions or geometry...I was thinking the RD350 handlebar would be more comfortable...check out STG Tracker, Argentina..they have used something similar to RD350 style handlebar & looks awesome & also kinda more ergonomic....

I used to love riding my Rx100 with the RD350 handlebars.....
Hi imxtreme, If you liked the RD350 handlebar, the best option for you is to go with the handlebar from "Art of Motorcycles" (look 'em up). Many are of the opinion that the AOM bars are quite similar to the RD350 and seem to be quite satisfied with it.

I did not get those dimensions btw, but since I wasn't looking for bars as high as the AOMs, I went ahead and got one from AliExpress in jet black. Plan to mount it over the next two weeks. Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks