Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2019, 17:26   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Also, need some help with the handlebar risers. My RD aftermarket handlebar is rusting in multiple places. Planning to get back to stock handle and use risers. Tried to send you a personal message but couldn't as your inbox was full.
Opps! Will clean the inbox. For the handlebar riser, i am using 2inch rox replica riser from Aliexpress. There are two quality of these risers available - one is the less expensive, made using casting process and is prone to damages. Other is relatively expensive, is made using CNC milling and had good reviews. I have this one, been holding fine so far and visually looks decent on quality. Alternatively, you could also try the AOM bars which is very similar to using a 2 inch riser, without introducing extra fatigue points which an addon riser does. I guess this would be close to the RD replica bar which u have. I have an AOM handlebar with me which i am presently not using (available at kasavanahalli). You could try it for a few days and see how you feel.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 18:08   #1442
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
2. Got the seat restructured at Nana Peth. He did a great job. There's a small bump just behind the riders position, to kinda keep you in place while accelerating hard. The overall seat height has gone up, more for the pillion than the rider. The material on the outside is not plain, but has kinda that anti-slip texture. Decent grip. Overall, pretty satisfied with the job. 2600 bucks for the seat.
Sorry to break your bubble but those beading's start to dig into your rear end and starts to feel like you're sitting on metal rails after the first hundred km's or so of non-stop riding.

For the same reason it is recommended to wear boxer instead of bikini shape underwear when riding for extended periods of time.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 18:22   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Sorry to break your bubble but those beading's start to dig into your rear end and starts to feel like you're sitting on metal rails after the first hundred km's or so of non-stop riding.

For the same reason it is recommended to wear boxer instead of bikini shape underwear when riding for extended periods of time.

Regards,
A.P.

The beading doesn't fall directly beneath any of my body parts thankfully. It sits just past the last point of contact.
He actually made me sit on the seat, and marked the lining about half an inch behind.... my behind
Old 19th November 2019, 11:34   #1444
BHPian

Gave the bike for its first servicing. 500km done.
3.1L of fully synthetic oil hello hello!

While waiting there, noticed this odd looking component right above the center stand.
Can't quite fathom what this is supposed to be, and why is it placed there?
Couldn't find it anywhere in the user guide.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20191119_085744.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 20:39. Reason: Grammar. EDIT: Spacing.
Old 19th November 2019, 14:00   #1445
BHPian

Nevermind, that's the EVAP emission control canister.
Also, I found the full interceptor service manual.
Posting the link here. It's a pretty large file. 835MB.
No viruses or such though.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EPf...W8KlNFlNe/view
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 14:22   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
SEAT-MOD UPDATE:
Hi,
Can you share more lights of those fog lights? Which make are they and how have you set it up? Apologies if you have already posted it, if yes kindly let me know the details and will look it up.

Last but not the least, location & pricing please.
Old 19th November 2019, 14:43   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you share more lights of those fog lights? Which make are they and how have you set it up? Apologies if you have already posted it, if yes kindly let me know the details and will look it up.
Those are Denali D4 aux light pair - spread type. Got them from US through a friend. Too expensive here, does not really make sense. They are connected via Akro wiring harness to the battery and the trigger is derived from the high beam. The lights come on when on high beam and even works with the flasher.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-01.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 20:39. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 15:50   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those are Denali D4 aux light pair - Spread type. Got them from US through a friend. Too expensive here, does not really make sense. They are connected via Akro wiring harness to the battery and the trigger is derived from the high beam. The lights come on when on high beam and even works with the flasher.
Buddy, the Denali Aux lights look fantastic (I am sure they provide fantastic lighting also). Can you also help me narrow down one of the closer substitutes (from Aliexpress maybe?). Either crash-guard or headlight attached work fine. for me. I can try and look around, but me knowledge in this regard is a bit limited..

I have a Street Twin.

Cheers!
Abhishek
Old 19th November 2019, 20:22   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Pirelli has launched the phantom sportscomp in 150/80 R18 size, those of you who wanted a broader tyre for their 650s can opt for this tyre, it is available at speed monks performance center for 15000₹, shipping extra
Has anyone tried a broader rear tyre on the 650's - Pirelli, or otherwise? Is it a direct fit on the bike?

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 20:40. Reason: Spacing.
Old 19th November 2019, 20:59   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
Has anyone tried a broader rear tyre on the 650's - Pirelli, or otherwise? Is it a direct fit on the bike?
95991 00494 that's the number of speed monks performance center Gurgaon who are selling the Pirelli phantom sportscomp 150/70 R18, you can talk to them and ask about the compatibility of the tyre
Old 20th November 2019, 11:49   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, the Denali Aux lights look fantastic (I am sure they provide fantastic lighting also). Can you also help me narrow down one of the closer substitutes (from Aliexpress maybe?). Either crash-guard or headlight attached work fine. for me. I can try and look around, but me knowledge in this regard is a bit limited..
Aux lights are all about budget to begin with, right from very expensive clearwaters to inexpensive china-made options. Once a ball-park budget is fixed, its easier to find one. Secondly, you will have to decide on the type of light, colour temp, beam pattern etc depending on your riding style/requirements. I have this denali D4 (mix of spot on spread on each pod) on the interceptor and i have a rigid D series dually on my 310gs which is spot type. In real life usage, the denali feels like its lighted the whole of the road ahead including the sides. Its really bright all around upto a distance of say 30 meters. Would be ideal for usage where the speed is not high, like ghats, jungles etc, where a deer or a dog, if jumps from side, can be easily spotted. The Rigid on the 310 has a much narrow beam angle, but throws light much further. Good for higher speeds to spot obstacles in time. i have also used many unbranded Chinese aux lights on other bikes like 390duke, but there is a good amount of difference in illumination and glare between a decent branded light and inexpensive unbranded one, as LED tech such as chip set, heat management, reflector tech greatly influence quality.

Some guys put a lot of technical theories in calculation before deciding on a pair or more of aux lights. In general, you have options from Denali and Baja in the premium segment, budget of around 30k. Rigids are not easily available here, but they are good branded value for money if you can get someone to carry them for you from US / UK. Would cost around 15k. Cyclops and PIAA have some offers in the range of approx 20k a pair. You have Gold runway for abour 15k. A little lower down, there are brands like mad-dog. You also get some decent options under 10k form the likes of a2zmotorctcle superstore. very recently, Hella is also comeup with a range of LED aux lights. And then there is plethora of unbranded chinese lights right from 1.5k. For a street twin, it would be good to fix a decent budget and get a branded pair of aux lights, fitted with a good wiring harness for peace of mind and better illumination. I had an inexpensive chinese pair on my bonnie, and one of the lights failed in about 6 months time. Due to vibration, the reflector got detached inside and started rattling on its own.
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 18:47   #1452
BHPian

Though multiple showrooms had a full catalogue of electrical and other accessories for the twins even 8-10 months back, there is no sign of RE launching 'em. Done wait for official alloy wheels and OEM Led indicators or just jump on the Chinese parts bandwagon?

Last edited by HandfulOfHell : 21st November 2019 at 18:58.
HandfulOfHell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 21:23   #1453
BHPian

Got my ride today after waiting for a month and here is a brief summary of buying journey.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-35843932b27f4706be89d584ac72bc91.jpg

Booking process:

Initially I had booked Orange crush at RE Brand Store BTM during Sept end. While booking itself I had specifically asked for the one with clear lens headlamp update. Even though my request to the showroom manager didn`t get a favorable response, he promised to get back in 2 days. 3 days went through as expected no one got back with any update, on visiting showroom they were adamant to make the payment as they had one in stock and they were not willing me to check the bike before making payment.

Meanwhile I had casually visited RE Brand store Jayanagar and I was attended by Mr. Deepak who voluntarily asked me to visit their yard and check the bike. I was very much impressed by the welcoming nature of the SA. During visit I found it is an old stock without headlamp update. Meanwhile soon I was drawn towards the Ravishing Red which for the first time I saw upclose. Must say custom colors has a distinct character in itself and decided to go for it. I informed Deepak that I will book for RR and get me a tentative date which he promised to get one allotted in next lot. Post one week I got an update saying bike has arrived and I can make the payment. Took half day leave from work and did a PDI, gave them go ahead with invoicing. Overall it has been a good buying experience and I would definitely recommend these guys over BTM brand store.

Coming to bike, this is my 2nd RE and I had owned Desert Storm before which was sold last year. So far I had ridden for 50kms and must say its a leap ahead from RE when you compare their existing lineup to sub 500cc products. I won`t repeat the positives which we had discussed length and breadth, however as of now only one thing which is bothering me are the soft compound tires, hoping to hear some updates about alloy option from RE during RM.

Delivery process:

Delivery process was smooth and there was no fan fare unlike when you buy a car. However knowing RE I didn`t had any expectations either. Below accessories were bought while buying for which I got 15% discount on the total bill which came almost 8500.

* Taller fly screen
* GT Touring seat
* Sump Guard
* Compact crash guard.

As of now no mods are planned as I am more of stock guy and love to keep my vehicles as stock as possible. Even if I am going for addons then it has to be from RE itself. Although they are costly but it is totally worth it, as I believe in the R&D effort of these manufacturers than the third party.

Coming to ride, I am still in early phase of ownership and during the short 50kms ride with of mix city and highway, I could see heat is manageable and limiting rpm below 4000 is a big task in itself. As of now I am planning to complete running in period as early as possible. I am planning to reach the 500km milestone during next one week and hoping to have it ready before I embark on 2 week trip of Konkan starting early December.

Last but not least special thanks to nasirkaka for the below post which infact had turned the tide towards going for BSIV variant than waiting for BSVI update.
Kudos to you man, hoping to see you guys in a meet or ride.
Quote:
We have one life with limited days and each day is very precious. Waiting means wasting those precious days, where we could be riding. And this wait is a never ending process, be is emission norms, face lifts, added features etc. Even if one waits for something better, there is something probably even better after that.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 21st November 2019 at 21:31.
DragonHawk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 09:22   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

I have a Street Twin.

Cheers!
Abhishek
I would recommend-
1- Gold Runway
2- Auxbeam
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:17   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last but not least special thanks to nasirkaka for the below post which infact had turned the tide towards going for BSIV variant than waiting for BSVI update.
Kudos to you man, hoping to see you guys in a meet or ride.
I am all red blushing!
Many congratulations on the RR and am sure you will have great times together. Its a nice bike and with some customization, would go a long way. There are so many of us from Bangalore, lets meet up sometime over a breakfast ride and catchup. I met LazyGunner a couple of days back for the first time, and it was great chatting. Even Redliner is closeby and we can force him to join.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks