Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2018, 14:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Thank You CrAzY dRiVeR.

One of the best reviews I have read on the twins recently, and uncovers quite a bit not noticed/ heard/ read earlier. I had no doubts over my booking, but Your review strengthens the fact.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 14:24   #17
BHPian

Rated a much deserved 5 stars.
It is a complete and detailed review of the two exciting bikes. It covers all questions anyone might have about these bikes.
Hats off to your efforts @Crazy Driver.
sathya.bhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 14:29   #18
BHPian

Thank CrAzY dRiVeR! What a brilliant review!
(Dare I say more detailed than Official Reviews )

When RE announced the bike, I was immensely skeptical of their ability to pull off twins. But clearly I have been proved very wrong.

I am planning on test ride this weekend and then lets see how it goes. Just maybe I will get my Duke successor.

My only concern with the bike is the lack of traditional Bullet stance. Hopefully they put this engine in the Classic frame.

Last edited by timuseravan : 6th December 2018 at 14:30.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 14:31   #19
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Interceptor 650 is the more mature version among the twins, designed to be a modern retro classic roadster which is easy to ride. Royal Enfield claims to have taken inspiration for this new machine from their iconic machine of the same name from the 60s.

The fact that you kept that cute little fellow in the bottom left corner of the frame says a lot!

For that alone, I rate this review a 5*

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 6th December 2018 at 14:41.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 14:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

I started reading this review and was glued to it. After some time, I scrolled back to check the title of this thread wondering is it an official review of motorcycles?

Thanks, CrAzY dRiVeR, for the excellent review of both the motorcycles. This is a perfect thread to know everything about these two bikes. I think people interested in these two motorcycles should visit this thread instead of RE's website.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th December 2018 at 20:00. Reason: Grammar + typo.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 15:12   #21
BHPian

Excellent and a very comprehensive review!
Hope that the engine and the electrical stuff are reliable in the long run. Apart from that, absolutely no issues I could think of after the test ride.
katoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 15:22   #22
BHPian

What a well thought out review! Let me go ahead and say that this is easily as good as our official car reviews. Your first hand knowledge of biking comes through very well. Even a guy like me, who last rode a bike thirteen years ago, was totally totally immersed in the review. Definitely the best review of the twins I've seen on the web.

And yes, a double thumbs up for featuring a four legged friend in one of the pictures
Lone Ranger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 15:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for a wonderful detailed review.

Quote:
However, there are a couple of issues I had noticed during the ride - 1. The vehicle had a slight tendency to side track when rolling over the white lane markers on the road
Is this due to tyres? Riding on white markers are anyways best avoided on any bike due to slippery surface.

Quote:
Probably explains why the GT gets a heel protector whereas the Interceptor doesn't.
Even interceptor 650 gets a heel protector/guard, check this post.

Quote:
Seating posture - Not as relaxed as a Bullet, but just as any other modern retro classic would feel. There is a slight forward bias, though not enough to complain about the weight being felt on the wrists
How much distance did you cover in your ride? Is riding position comfortable enough for continuous riding of 2 hours or so?

Quote:
Many people seems to have complaints regarding the footpeg position - that it interferes when you place the feet on the ground, however - I did not face this issue.
Agree. I also didn't face any problem during short test ride, perhaps have a habit of keeping legs away from bike.

Quote:
Strangely enough - the seat of the GT650 is better suited for touring and pillion than that of the Interceptor 650
Did you ride with GT650 seat on interceptor 650?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianuoui View Post
The only two things that bothered me

1. The exposed bit for wiring on the sensors on the exhaust (pic below)
2. The ECU beneath the seat
Exposed sensor wires can be covered with shrink wrap & ECU with a plastic during wash. I wonder if regular wash guy would take pains to remove side panel and then a seat to expose ECU to water spray.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 15:43   #24
BHPian

Excellent review, Crazy_Driver! This one was nothing less than a Team-BHP official review. I mean, the details you have covered on both the bikes simultaneously are just amazing. Thank you for taking the time out to test ride and draft such a review for the forum readers.

Mods, I seriously think that we should start having official reviews for bikes as well.
R-Six is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 15:51   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Exposed sensor wires can be covered with shrink wrap & ECU with a plastic during wash. I wonder if regular wash guy would take pains to remove side panel and then a seat to expose ECU to water spray.

The same thought did cross my mind (heat shrink wrap the exposed wire at the sensor's neck), but I wonder if that would mean the wires would need to be snipped (warranty!!!) at either end. Not sure how the connectors at the other end of the wires are ... if they can be removed and affixed back easily..

Unless specifically instructed, I doubt the guys at the wash would bother ... so some jugaad/diy style cover/protector might be required ..
ianuoui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 15:56   #26
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Thanks a lot for the review painstakingly done!

I noticed the brown color at the end of exhaust, your pictures and at the showroom. Is that rust?

Quote:

Here's a dyno report that shows something similar - 44HP at the wheels -
This video is missing.

Last edited by Romins : 6th December 2018 at 15:56. Reason: removed YToube link
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 16:24   #27
BHPian

No doubt, right till the end, I really did think I was reading the OFFICIAL REVIEW - excellent detailed write-up.
//HB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 16:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
Thanks a lot for the review painstakingly done!

I noticed the brown color at the end of exhaust, your pictures and at the showroom. Is that rust?
This is something I noticed on a brand new showroom bike too. Looked like rust to me!
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 17:07   #29
BHPian

Very detailed review. I couldn't believe that this is not an official review until I red all the way down. Great coverage of the bike. My only concern is can we mount saddle bags and do two up touring with comfort considering the exhaust pipes' design?
VishJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 17:19   #30
Team-BHP Support

Sorry I'm not able to reply to everyone. Will get back soon, currently at office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
This video is missing.
Yes. Seems to have been removed. Moderators are editing it out. However, here is a screenshot I had shared in the earlier thread last week.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20181129234959.png
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed