Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2018, 10:01   #181
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

How I wish I could have an Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) with the engineers of Royal Enfield , Is it in the power of any of our Mods to arrange this, It would allow us the opportunity to ask and find out beyond just the marketing data.

Or even any of the automotive media houses hiring experts to do a Teardown of the vehicle and report. I wonder how long it will be for such things to happen in India.
Old 19th December 2018, 12:34   #182
Senior - BHPian

Are there any accessory sockets provided on the bike to fix stuff like aux lamps, 12v charger, etc? Or we will have to tap the wires and get triggers?

For the fear of puncture, we could try Outex or similar kit, and use the tube as well. Incase of a puncture, outex may provide some breathing space to reach the nearest fix. We may not have to push the bike. Important to carry a portable air pump and tubeless puncture repair kit. Can make a small tool box and keep these things permanently on the bike. I guess with the pricing they have for a 650cc bike, we save enough for spend a few bucks on these mods and accessories. Nothing is really foolproof but having these fail safe measures will definitely help. Everything said, fixing a puncture, pushing the bike, etc is all a part of motorcycling experience and these are the memories which last.

I still clearly remember getting a puncture on my machismo 350 8 yrs back in the mudumalai forest, and had to push the bike and semi throttle for quite some distance to get out and get it fixed. Was raining as well, but thats one of the strong memories and cherished in hindsight.
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 12:39   #183
BHPian

Have seen the bikes on display at Sivaji Motors, Pappanamcode, Trivandrum. No test rides yet !

Are any dealers offering test drives at Trivandrum now ?
Old 19th December 2018, 13:23   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Are there any accessory sockets provided on the bike to fix stuff like aux lamps, 12v charger, etc? Or we will have to tap the wires and get triggers?
Hi Nasir,
On my TB500 I was using the Slime and it worked pretty well. Irony was that I never suffered a puncture and could not experience how it works. On my Himalayan i did not take any such precautionary stuff even though it had been to quite an adventurous ride in the jungles of North East, possibly I was chancing my luck quite strongly there. Himalayan does weigh less and possibly that triggered me not to bother with such stuff.

On the i650, I will be tempted to find out the solution used by Honda for their Activa Scooter (is it called Tuff-Up). It does look good on paper but need to experience it first hand before I can comment with conviction.

But wait...I need to decide on the i650 as of now
Old 19th December 2018, 14:18   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But wait...I need to decide on the i650 as of now
Should be a worthy upgrade to the TB500.. Grab it.
Even some of the big adv bikes such as tiger XC series and africa twin come with spokes and tubed wheel, so i guess we can live with tube on the 650. With time, some solutions as you mentioned would surface. in a year or two, i am guessing RE themselves will comeup with an all blacked out engine and black mad wheels for these bikes, like the TB 'X' series.
Old 19th December 2018, 18:25   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Should be a worthy upgrade to the TB500.. Grab it.
Honestly it sounds a very good deal, waiting for some time or rather fighting myself back to wait for a few more days
Old 19th December 2018, 21:25   #187
BHPian

Took the test drive and I was impressed. So much that I booked the bike in Ravishing Red colour. Although I haven't seen the colour in real but I quite like the black rims. I will see the bike in person or at least some first hand pics and decide between Baker express or Ravishing red. Any body has any pics to share (other than the ones found on RE website)?
dhruv45in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 23:23   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Took the test drive and I was impressed. So much that I booked the bike in Ravishing Red colour. Although I haven't seen the colour in real but I quite like the black rims. I will see the bike in person or at least some first hand pics and decide between Baker express or Ravishing red. Any body has any pics to share (other than the ones found on RE website)?
Here are a couple of links from youtube for the Baker Express

HandfulOfHell is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 07:26   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Sure. I am taking the delivery on 19 Dec. I booked on 15 Nov, mine was the first orange crush at the showroom. Me too back to riding after a long time.
Took the delivery of the bike yesterday evening. Went for a short night ride till Hosur. It's an absolute bliss to ride. A perfect cruiser, eager to munch miles.

While riding back home, we had to go through bumper to bumper traffic. Since, I am new to big bikes, and back to ride after a long time found it difficult to manoeuvre, initially. However, by the time we reached home, I was getting more and more comfortable.

I did not find any heating issues. In heavy traffic you may feel the warmth. Nothing bothersome.

Went till Hosur yesterday night. The bike is an absolute gem. Picks up the speed with poise, gear shifts are precise, clutch is effortless ( have a tjet, you may imagine how much I will be enjoying the slick gearbox of the interceptor) and absolutely no engine heating.

Took the delivery form electronic city office. The sales manager, Vikram was leading the delivery process. Very efficient and professional gentleman. The delivery process was smooth, there was cake cutting and Vikram took time to explain the features.

Will post a detailed review, after I clock more miles.
shijinpr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 09:30   #190
Team-BHP Support

AutocarIndia bike of the Year 2018 -

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20181219085657_re.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 11:11   #191
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of interceptor yesterday. Few of my observations.

1. Bike is very heavy, maybe because i am coming from Duke. This is one of the reasons i am in two minds about this bike. Getting the bike off side stand or reversing the bike was tough for me.

2. Tank/engine is too wide, slightly uncomfortable near thighs and feet.

3. The position of footrest is weird, touches the lower leg while pushing the bike.

4. Engine is really great, pulls nicely throughout the rev range. Slight vibration is felt on handle bar, but nothing to worry about.

5. Gearbox and clutch again very good, clutch was progressive and no issues whatsoever with gear shifting, it was better than duke.

6. Brakes are also progressive and have good bite.

7. Handling was very surprising, very good once you pick up the pace. Slower speeds i could feel the weight of the bike.

8. Front suspension is too soft, rear offcouse is adjustable, even with the pillion, stock rear suspension setting felt ok.

9. It wasn't very long ride so cant comment on seat comfort but ride was really good.

10. Weather is rather nice here chennai so can't comment on engine heat, but nothing alarming, rode in traffic a bit and bike idling for a while.

11. Showroom experience was fantastic, no push for booking etc. Maybe they have enough bookings!
Rahulkool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 17:37   #192
BHPian

Just saw a post on Instagram with an interceptor on exhausts that looked and sounded like SnS located at Blue Mountain Autos Enfield Calicut on the test ride bike. Sounds crisp!
Old 21st December 2018, 01:06   #193
BHPian

Here is a closer look at the ravishing red colour:
oli.ferns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:15   #194
Team-BHP Support

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 is the Indian Motorcycle of the year 2019 -

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_201812211108152.png

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_201812211108332.png

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_201812211108272.png
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 20:12   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Am pretty much in similar waters!

Here's one of the video's in Spanish(?), which is the best I have seen thus far outside of the PR videos put out by RE. And might I dare say, the Ravishing Red doesn't disappoint after all!

Can't wait for these to hit the roads soon enough!

Note from Support: Spacing fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st December 2018 at 22:06. Reason: i->I. See note.
ianuoui is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed