Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 23:39   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Nice. where did you get this done? autoservice? do share the cost as well if ok.
Yep. A shade under 3k for the entire thing.
Old 21st March 2019, 10:04   #587
BHPian

Got the below update from my dealer on my CGT 650 booking. Looks like some production issues and maybe some fixes, are the reasons for the delay. it's been more than 4 months since i booked mine and i am still waiting. Hopefully, it's worth the wait as RE claims

"Hi Mr. Xxxxxxx,

I firstly would like to thank you for showing interest in our motorcycle and booking an Continental Gt 650 Special with us. We are privileged to have you as a customer. While we’re very eager to see you on one of our fantastic new Interceptor, we’re extremely sorry that there’s been a delay in deliveries. We’ve had an overwhelming response to the Twins which unfortunately coincided with issues in ramping up production at our plant. We’re currently ramping up production while ensuring the strongest focus on quality so that you get a motorcycle that will be a faithful companion on all rides. As a result, there has been a delay in the delivery of your Continental Gt 650 Special. The tentative delivery timeline is 3rd week of April 2019

Please be rest assured that you have made a wonderful choice by booking this motorcycle. Automotive experts across the world have recognized that this is an excellent motorcycle and just last month, it was recognized with the Indian Motorcycle of the Year Award as well. I believe that holding on for just a few weeks after waiting for so long would be well worth it.

We regret this delay due to unforeseen demand for this ground-up new product. As you know, we first revealed this product in November’18 and since then there have been a large number of people globally who have been waiting for this much-anticipated product, built on a completely new twin cylinder engine platform with best-in-class pricing.

Please find my contact details below in this email, You can get in touch with me directly on any queries you might have on your motorcycle. I will be in touch with you and will keep you updated on the progress

Have a good day!"
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 10:53   #588
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
I firstly would like to thank you for showing interest in our motorcycle and booking an Continental Gt 650 Special with us. We are privileged to have you as a customer. While we’re very eager to see you on one of our fantastic new Interceptor, we’re extremely sorry that there’s been a delay in deliveries.
Is it a typo error, or was there an offer for an alternative Interceptor for quicker delivery? For some reason CGT deliveries are rare these days.
Old 21st March 2019, 11:13   #589
BHPian

I took my Interceptor 650 delivery yesterday. I had booked it in December 2018. I did not get much chance to ride it in open roads as my goal was to safely take it to temple and return home. I have clocked just 33kms so far (odo read 5kms when I took delivery). I found an issue during my rides yesterday. It was within city and in traffic. After 5~6 kms (after 10~15mins of ride) bike suddenly used to drop the pickup and RPM stopped raising quickly. I was within 3000 RPM limit throughout. I noticed this twice. After engine heated up it stalled quite often. I am hoping this issue will go off after some initial run-in and first service. From now on I will get chance to do engine run-in in open roads/less traffic roads. Did anybody face similar issue during initial KMs?
csd42419 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 13:03   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csd42419 View Post
...After engine heated up it stalled quite often...
I haven't noticed any stalling on my machine. Maybe you should call RSA and have it sent in for a checkup.

Had the fuel tank removed yesterday to route wires for auxiliary lights. I was so impressed by the wiring layout and fitments underneath. This is leaps ahead of what RE had been churning out before the twins.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-psx_20190321_130218.jpg  

param22k is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 13:19   #591
BHPian

Received the delivery of my Bakers Express Interceptor 650 in the first week of March.
I have done 500 Kms and the bike is due for its first service. Will not repeat what others have said as everyone knows by now the pros and cons of this machine. However I would like to mention that the heat management is very good.. have been riding to work in bad traffic conditions without any noticeable discomfort.
Also I have made a few functional customisations to suit my ergo needs.
1. Added a wider and taller handlebar (this required changing clutch and accelerator cables)
2. Modified the seat to provide more comfort for both rider and pillion
3. Added Backrest, rear luggage plate and saddle stay from Zana
4. Fabricated footrest plates for pillion to save her shoes and the bike's end pipes.
Next in line is adding highway footpegs on the engine guard for that relaxed riding position during long straight highway rides.
Will keep updating as it happens.
Enjoy the Before and after pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190310_072808.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190321_115355.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190321_115424.jpg  

schitre05 is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 13:20   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Had the fuel tank removed yesterday to route wires for auxiliary lights.
Can you share more details on this auxiliary lights fitting? What brand and where did you source it from? I really want to replace the Headlights and indicators with something else from the market that are more effective and looks cool as well for my CGT (once it gets delivered). Thanks
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 15:36   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Received the delivery of my Bakers Express Interceptor 650 in the first week of March.
2. Modified the seat to provide more comfort for both rider and pillion
3. Added Backrest, rear luggage plate and saddle stay from Zana
4. Fabricated footrest plates for pillion to save her shoes and the bike's end pipes.
That has got to be one of the best seat modifications for the Interceptor that I have come across Is the foam also quite hard and long-ride compatible, or have you made it just as soft as the OEM seats to be more comfortable on short trips?

Quote:
Next in line is adding highway footpegs on the engine guard for that relaxed riding position during long straight highway rides.
Will keep updating as it happens.
Enjoy the Before and after pictures
Please don't do that. When braking during an emergency at speed, the bike dives forward and the momentum pushes you forward too, making the reverse move back to the original pegs really difficult.

You lose both the engine braking and the rear brakes when your legs are elsewhere. We all think we will use it only on those lazy highway trips when no one or nothing is around, but with our roads we can never predict when trouble might strike us!
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 16:18   #594
Senior - BHPian

Looks like RE is yet to launch in tier 2 cities? Mangalore dealership haven't got a test ride bike yet. Am keen to test-ride GT.
Old 21st March 2019, 18:25   #595
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
That has got to be one of the best seat modifications for the Interceptor that I have come across Is the foam also quite hard and long-ride compatible, or have you made it just as soft as the OEM seats to be more comfortable on short trips?

Please don't do that. When braking during an emergency at speed, the bike dives forward and the momentum pushes you forward too, making the reverse move back to the original pegs really difficult.

You lose both the engine braking and the rear brakes when your legs are elsewhere. We all think we will use it only on those lazy highway trips when no one or nothing is around, but with our roads we can never predict when trouble might strike us!

Buddy, Trust me its a matter of getting used to it.... I did a chickmagalur and a Big rock trip.. No Hassels now. I was also one of who was cribbing about these initially. But now I am able to enjoy it to the core. Already clocked 4000Kms now.
Old 23rd March 2019, 12:32   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Looks like RE is yet to launch in tier 2 cities? Mangalore dealership haven't got a test ride bike yet. Am keen to test-ride GT.
In Mysore, mine is at the showroom almost ready for delivery. I paid yesterday and checked out the bike. Registration was today, and I'll be picking the bike up after completing the PDI within a couple of days.
Old 23rd March 2019, 16:21   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Can you share more details on this auxiliary lights fitting...
I've fitted Gold Runway 3800 lumen aux lights. I got them last year off the Internet. Just search on Google. They have a store on AliExpress and other international e-commerce sites. There are a lot of choices for aux lights so research and pick the one that suits your needs. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-psx_20190323_161436.jpg  

param22k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 10:03   #598
BHPian

Quote:
I've fitted Gold Runway 3800 lumen aux lights. I got them last year off the Internet. Just search on Google. They have a store on AliExpress and other international e-commerce sites. There are a lot of choices for aux lights so research and pick the one that suits your needs. Cheers.
How's the illumination?
Suggestion - you might want to place the lamps closer to the headlamp area. With the current setup, you would lose about a meter of usable lit up area ahead.
Also, the crash guards usually have a higher vibration than the forks or bars.
katoom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 08:27   #599
Senior - BHPian

Pick your play!
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pick-your-play.jpg

The bikes went for a small ride. All bike performed well and yes we all got crazy fuel efficiency.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-ride-2.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-console.jpg
My bike gave about 28KM/per litre. Not following the fuel gauge, but did a tank full to tank full method.
Captain Slow is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 10:26   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Baker Express today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Received the delivery of my Baker Express Interceptor 650.
Query: Is 'Royal Enfield' lettering on tank just a sticker job?
How would a de-badged baker express look?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks