Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 19:58   #946
BANNED

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Here is an update -

You are right Ashwinprakas, Happens between 80-90 Kph.
Thought so, a front end wobble as the one you're facing could be a result of any or a combination of many things, and only surfaces when you're not properly holding the handlebars, a good number of people here have the so called issue but they are simply unaware of it.

The reason I insisted not to pursue the case is because generally SVC's are clueless about the same and tend to actually mess up the motorcycle in pursuit of fixing this.

Anyhow if you have the time to spare and nowhere to be then by all means do go for a replacement.

From my experience some thread patterns by default invoke a wobble, and as far as handling with both hands on the bars isn't affected, I'd simply ignore it.

The motorcycle by default is designed to run in a straight line provided there isn't an external force acting on it, so say if the thread patterns are at fault then with no input from the user the motorcycle is having a hard time trying to find a straight line and is self correcting, hence why you see the handle wobble.

This is a result of the front end being fixed at a rake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
@ashwinprakas,
Truing the rim is definitely the required first step. But I think Jim was referring to actual wheel balancing .
If that is the case indeed then he is wrong, as I'd mentioned, an imbalance exerts vertical offset force whereas a wobble as such is a result of horizontal force.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 15th July 2019 at 20:06.
Old 16th July 2019, 01:00   #947
Senior - BHPian

Looks like few of the owners are not satisfied with the product and are selling their interceptors. Came across these ads in olx.

1. https://www.olx.in/item/interceptor-650-iid-1523069701
2. https://www.olx.in/item/royal-enfiel...iid-1523521942
3. https://www.olx.in/item/royal-enfiel...iid-1522115761

4. https://www.olx.in/item/royal-enfiel...iid-1520457497
5. https://www.olx.in/item/brand-new-in...iid-1516748031
6. https://www.olx.in/item/interceptor-650-iid-1520353188

While the first 3 are ads for pre owned ones, the last 3 are I think transfer of booking I guess. But the link in 5 has images picked up from this thread itself.
Old 16th July 2019, 13:27   #948
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Looking at such niggles cropping up here and there, I believe RE has again failed in improving their Quality Control and quality of parts in general.
They sure have tested the bike extensively, but when testing the bike before launch, you are basically testing the design, and you are testing the compatibility of the associated parts. Then you do all kinds of stress test etc. I am sure they must have sorted most design related issues there.
But the problem in case of most RE bikes comes from the issues related to bad QC at the time of mass production. Most issues are due to a bad "fit" during assembly or a faulty component.
A complex product like a motorcycle with many systems and sub-systems working in parallel and in tandem will have some amount of issues. The complexity increase with twin engine, EFI, ECU, ABS and more tech thrown in. New products are tested on per-determined parameters and check-lists however it may be almost impossible to launch a new motorcycle completely niggle free. Things get murkier when users with different style and knowledge + service center and their technicians are thrown into the equation. All new launches have niggles be it Ducati, Bmw or even the japs. C5 launch had not just niggles but big big issues where rake angle, length of swing arm, airfilter box, and some other 50 design changes were made within first year of launch in India. Randhawa's C5 thread captures all that in great detail here on team-bhp itself. I had one of the initial lot C5 and suffered so much. KTM duke 390 had its own share of many issues when it was launched, be it frequent fork seal leaks, broken alloys, alternator design change, console going black, and so on.. Baby GS has its own share of electrical issues. Even their side stand faulty design caused a global recall.

So yes, a new product launch will have issues. Best is to wait for a year or two, just like how Himalayans do not have as many complains now as they had with the first batch. The initial teething issues and their findings & user feedback would hel improve the product. RE is come a long way, where the at-least the bikes have stopped marking their territory. The interceptors have been selling in large numbers and most users are happy with bike, esp when we bring the cost factor in equation. This is a feeling what i get from the whatsapp groups. I do understand your frustration with the issues, hope it gets sorted soon. Looking at their past, REs current efforts seem to be in right direction. A bit stricter QC, and streamlining service quality and workmanship would make a good difference, not a fail in my opinion.
nasirkaka is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 13:49   #949
BHPian

Wobbling happened to me as well on my karizma. Replaced tyres yet the same behavior,unfortunately in my case the second set of tyres was also faulty.

Replaced again and now she runs perfectly in line.
I would say get the tyres and wheel's from some other bike on your bike and check.If it still does at-least you know you need to look elsewhere.

Last edited by scorpian : 16th July 2019 at 13:50.
scorpian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 18:13   #950
BHPian

I remember seeing a video online of some user with the same issue of wobble. It was diagnosed to be a small spec tube inside the tyre which wasn't aligned well. You might want to check on this. Another user reported that the handle bar was tightened too much, It could be any one of these.
Old 17th July 2019, 06:34   #951
BHPian

I can't wait for the running in period to be over so that i can enjoy the full potential of this bike. From not liking REs that much to loving one, miracles do happen

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190717wa0007.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190717wa0006.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190717wa0004.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 17th July 2019 at 19:35. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 09:54   #952
BHPian

Yesterday I gave my bike to SVC for the front fork issue + some minor works with the brakes and clutch.
I get a call by noon informing that I can take the bike back and the fork issue have not been fixed. The RE team have directed them not to work on it unless an engineer from their team has come down. I hope there would be a proper fix once they are here
Also they updated the software on my bike, could be a placebo - but I feel that the bike is breathing a bitter.
psmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:28   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I can't wait for the running in period to be over
Congratulations! Wishing a million happy miles on this one.

These bar end mirrors are RE official accessory, right? Would you mind confirming how much you paid for these?

Ride Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 19:01   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
These bar end mirrors are RE official accessory, right? Would you mind confirming how much you paid for these?
Yes, they are an official accessory and they are better than the ones that come standard with the bike aesthetically and ergonomically. They cost ₹3900 but when you purchase a bike they give you 20% discount when you get accessories worth 15k, and 15% discount when you get accessories worth 10k.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th July 2019 at 19:36. Reason: Post fixed.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 20:12   #955
BHPian

Hello Riders,

Interceptor owners were waiting for some solution for the rider foot-pegs! Indimotard, Bangalore has come up with a pair of Touring footpegs.

Refer their website for more details

Quote:
Description:
Touring Footpeg relocation assemblies

Laser cut and die pressed left and right units

Comes with full conversion setup including a new brake pedal

All mounting hardware in a pre-assembled form to ensure it is a simple DIY job.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1fp.jpg

Quote:
Extensively tested with great reviews from riders of all build types.

Robust three point mounting( as against the OEM 2) to ensure sturdiness.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-2fp.jpg

Quote:
This one is for the riders who loved the original bullet stance.

Coupled with our bar risers it offers one of the best stances for both highway as well as in city traffic.

It has also been observed the relocation also allows better venting of the hot air from the engine which otherwise would be hitting the leg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-3.jpg

Checkout their handlebar risers here

Quote:
Description:
Handlebar risers – CNC machined out of billet alloy 6070.

Provides 1.5-inch risers with forward and back sweep adjustability

Since this is a safety component utmost care has been taken to ensure this is better quality than the factory provided unit.

This unit is plug and play on the current setup and will not need to replace any cables/ brake lines.

Provides a better ergonomic position and also makes the bikes feel nimble both in motion as well as moving it around
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-4.jpg

Quote:
*The front brake line will need to be rerouted to ensure free movement.

Designed and Manufactured by indiMotard’s Greasehouse

MADE IN INDIA
Hope this helps Interceptor owners and if anyone plans to visit Indimotard garage in Bangalore, do share your feedback!

There's no mention of saddling comfort. Foot-pegs appear smaller (original ones) for saddling. May be they can adapt to Himalayan foot-pegs in future versions.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:53   #956
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of adding a bash plate and an engine guard which is also available from Royal Enfield OEM. Anyone fitted Zana accessories before and would you recommend them over official RE stuff?
Thanks in advance.
Buddy, I can assure you that both the bash plate as well as the engine guards are of good quality. They serve the purpose they are built for. Why dont you order it directly from Zana website. Delivery is smooth and packing is also good. Attaching a picture of my ‘ Hakuna Matata’ for reference of both the accessories being discussed. Cheers!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-7fbae852900546089c5eb33816026890.jpeg  

Last edited by isldhn : 17th July 2019 at 22:56.
isldhn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 01:03   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Buddy, I can assure you that both the bash plate as well as the engine guards are of good quality. They serve the purpose they are built for. Why dont you order it directly from Zana website. Delivery is smooth and packing is also good. Attaching a picture of my ‘ Hakuna Matata’ for reference of both the accessories being discussed. Cheers!!
Can you upload a small audio clip of the exhaust note.
Old 18th July 2019, 11:52   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post

I quite liked that exhaust and would like to go for my bike if it is not louder than the stock ones. . Could you please share the details, audio clip and a picture from back .
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 12:54   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Thought so, a front end wobble as the one you're facing could be a result of any or a combination of many things, and only surfaces when you're not properly holding the handlebars, a good number of people here have the so called issue but they are simply unaware of it.
As I shared in my last post, RE would be replacing the front tyre of the bike with a new one.
Meanwhile when riding yesterday, I could not feel any wobble at any speeds, then checked the tyre pressure after a few Kms, the front was at 60 PSI
Probably the SVC guys over inflated the tyre during testing and forgot to deflate when handing me the bike back.
Not sure what to make of that fact that bike does not wobble at all on an over inflated tyre.

Also, the new tyre has arrived at the SVC and will get it installed in a couple of days time.
There are 6-7 people with similar issue in our Int650 riding group.
Another owner who has the same issue is getting the new tyre fixed today.
Will share further updates soon.
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 14:18   #960
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
As I shared in my last post, RE would be replacing the front tyre of the bike with a new one.
Meanwhile when riding yesterday, I could not feel any wobble at any speeds, then checked the tyre pressure after a few Kms, the front was at 60 PSI
Probably the SVC guys over inflated the tyre during testing and forgot to deflate when handing me the bike back.
Not sure what to make of that fact that bike does not wobble at all on an over inflated tyre.
More tire pressure > Less contact patch > Less acting surface > Reduced Wobble.

Side Effect: Compromised traction.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks