Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 11:11   #1531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Installed the BikerBillet handlebar raiser. Must say, it has certainly helped posture.
Care to share a side view of your bike on the center stand? I seem to be one of the rare owners who have actually elevated their bike seat (by a few cms) instead of raising the handle.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:17   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Not in a hurry to bring the beast home so I can wait till BS6 kicks in if that is what most members suggest, although i'll have to deal with all the anxiety of waiting!

With newer emission norms means performance will take a hit. It will be differently behaving machine for sure since to curb the exhaust they will have to alter quite a few things.

If you are convinced then go ahead, no point in waiting. Year end purchases might not actually be good for the books but if you are keen to keep it for long then it will not matter. Choice is yours.
Old 11th December 2019, 11:51   #1533
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
With newer emission norms means performance will take a hit. It will be differently behaving machine for sure since to curb the exhaust they will have to alter quite a few things.
Will the performance change drastically from the BS4 version?

I did notice a drop by 1PS in BS6 vehicles from Yamaha (just for the numbers if considered, not sure how different it would be to ride) hence expecting a similar drop for the 650 twins too. Question will remain how much of the ride-ability characteristics will change between the two versions.

I am sure PowerTRONIC will come up with a new updated piggyback ECU for the BS6 versions just like it is available currently for the BS4 one.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th December 2019 at 11:53.
Old 11th December 2019, 13:19   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Will the performance change drastically from the BS4 version?
Agree that it will not be a drastic jump but believe the machines will be more linear in their delivery. Yes you will have lot of options and sidekicks to boost performance but knowing RE better to play around in the stock conditions.

Having said that, this is a true international standard machine so you can get more gadgets from well renowned global players which might have a better say on the long term stability and reliability. Good Machine nevertheless except for that irritating headlight.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 13:29   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post

Also the refund which was initially supposed to happen in 45 days came down drastically to 2 working days and that too bank transfer. If this can be done, why torture the customer with 45 days to get refund cheque!
I had booked online CGT 650, on 14 May , and got allotted to CVS Sadashivnagar, went on 12th August and signed the paper work for cancellation and refund. It is Dec 11 2019 and I still have not got the money.

I have escalated to Royal Enfeild support on email and today on phone (even though their "server" was down).

I doubt I will see the money.
Old 11th December 2019, 13:39   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
TEC Bike Parts will eventually bring in an emulator plus progressive springs, which will boost travel to about 130-140 mm. They already have one for the Triumph Twins.
Sounds good. But no idea when they'll show up yet I guess. They do currently list preload adjusters, however I'm not too keen on experimenting with the stock spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Care to share a side view of your bike on the center stand? I seem to be one of the rare owners who have actually elevated their bike seat (by a few cms) instead of raising the handle.
I shall share a photo in some time. I do have a modified seat as well, but the seat is raised by a very little margin.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 11th December 2019 at 13:48.
Old 11th December 2019, 20:49   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Well as you are in no hurry to get the bike i think you should wait, no one knows what might be added or changed in the bike but there's always a chance of something getting added instead of something getting removed, so wait it out.
I thought this as well but as others have pointed out, if the power is going to be reduced, it would be a real downer. Nonetheless, ill keep looking out for any official statement from RE on both, BS6 as well as face-lifts if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Hello Abhi,

I went ahead and got one last week and I'm loving every minute of it.

If you want, I can provide you the contact number of the store manager of HSR services, Lalbagh Road. The service there was really good.
I envy you! At least you were able to make up your mind and go ahead with the decision.
My only concern is, while i wait, the other bike launches and face-lifts may pull me away from this! Anyways, I've decided to wait and go for a 2020 manufactured bike so let me see how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

If you are convinced then go ahead, no point in waiting. Year end purchases might not actually be good for the books but if you are keen to keep it for long then it will not matter. Choice is yours.
The bike will definitely be with me for long. Not planning on selling or exchanging it for at least the next 8-10 years if all goes well.
There might be a small window between RE announcing the tuned down BS6 and availability of BS4 models. Will wait for this opportunity to make a decision which am supposing will be in early 2020.
Old 11th December 2019, 22:53   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Installed the BikerBillet handlebar raiser. Must say, it has certainly helped posture.

Did you add 2 of these to increase height by 2 inches ? Did you have to re-route any wires ?
Old 12th December 2019, 05:57   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Did you add 2 of these to increase height by 2 inches ? Did you have to re-route any wires ?
They are 1" total. Individually they are 10mm and 15mm, so add up to 25mm i.e. 1". I did not need to touch the wiring at all. They scaled up as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20191211_165231.jpg
ashishk29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:35   #1540
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a video of the official accessories from Hitchcocks Motorcycles. As always the quality of their stuff looks to be very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I had booked online CGT 650, on 14 May , and got allotted to CVS Sadashivnagar, went on 12th August and signed the paper work for cancellation and refund. It is Dec 11 2019 and I still have not got the money.

I have escalated to Royal Enfeild support on email and today on phone (even though their "server" was down).

I doubt I will see the money.
Was there any reason regarding the delay from Royal Enfield? You should now pursue this on email and not over the phone (so you have documented proof). Dont worry, you will definitely get all your money back.
Old 13th December 2019, 17:51   #1541
BHPian

Hello friends...

I look forward to install Gold runway GR50 lights on my interceptor as auxiliary lights. I do highways and need that extra light at night.

The specification says it takes 3.8 Amps.

My question is, will the battery & alternator of Interceptor take its load?

I will take care to switch it on after the bike is started and switched off before the ignition is off...

Specifications:

Gold runway GR50 (or GR50X)

Emitter: USA U3 LED, 6500 Kelvin

Mode:*Fully dimmable switch to change brightness 5%-100% .

3 strobe mode

Light house Material: Hard anodized & CNC 6063 Pure aluminum

3.5" diameter.

IP68 Certified (Submersible to 7 feet)

Mechanical Impact Testing

Vibration Rating Testing

Operating Temperature: -40 Celsius to +80 Celsius

Lumens: 6000 (each light)

Net Weight: 1.54 lbs/0.7kg(each light)

Hard anodized & CNC 6063 Pure aluminum Mounts

Front Lens: Toughened glass Lens

Power Consumption: 3.8A

LED Lifetime Expectancy: 49.930 Hours

Reverse Battery & Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) Protection
----------

Guru's... please let me know...

Many thanks :-)
Old 13th December 2019, 17:54   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,
Has any one used the touring foot pegs below?

https://indimotard.com/product/royal...ring-footpegs/
Old 14th December 2019, 06:28   #1543
BHPian

I heard back from Racetech USA about front fork springs.
The Springs are 130$, and shipping will cost 68$.
So about 200$ in total. Kinda expensive, but I'm guessing it would be worth it.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 18:26   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard back from Racetech USA about front fork springs.
The Springs are 130$, and shipping will cost 68$.
So about 200$ in total. Kinda expensive, but I'm guessing it would be worth it.
Try getting it through your contacts, remember you will end up paying customs once it reaches India. Customs office are not actually dumb, they will find the details and you would need to show your bank transactions.

If you are paying the duty charges then go ahead and order else look for alternatives.
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:55   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
My question is, will the battery & alternator of Interceptor take its load?
No issues at all. 12V 12AH is powerful enough and with alternator generating about 160w at 1100 rpm, u should be good. Just use good quality harness and make the connection well including a good switch. There are so many interceptors running with aux lights without any major issues so far.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed