Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2020, 11:04   #1786
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
What is your opinion about "Atom" from Barrel Exhausts

LOUD! It sure will be an attention magnet here in Kerala. In comparison the Red Rooster ones sound just perfect and OEM enough that you can pass under the radar.

Quote:
I replaced stock Osram ones with Philips. I find it marginally better than the stocks. I am planning to change my Jazz headlamp bulb with these. Both my bike and car have same headlamp socket.
Do post before and after pictures if possible.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:30   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
I've been thinking to convert the tires to tubeless but did like to retain the steel spokes. I find the Outex too expensive. Hopefully I get time to try below experiment . We need to find a smaller tube that can stay fit inside the rim
There is a non Outex conversion that requires use of 3M tape and some 3M sealant (forgot which one) Much cheaper and very likely the exact same stuff that is marketed as Outex. This is Ghetto AF. I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 20th March 2020 at 16:13. Reason: Removed video link from the quotes. Thanks.
Old 20th March 2020, 19:34   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
There is a non Outex conversion that requires use of 3M tape and some 3M sealant (forgot which one) Much cheaper and very likely the exact same stuff that is marketed as Outex. This is Ghetto AF. I wouldn't risk it.
It's 3m marine sealant
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 10:46   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
To all those potential owners who are reading this thread to get an idea of the twins (interceptor and GT), do check out olx as well. There are many 650 owners who are selling their bikes just because they got bored or not suiting their styles or whatsoever the reason may be.

The bikes are in good condition as they are only an year old, you still have 2 years of warranty left for the extra peace of mind. Bargain and you'll be able to save around 50k on the current price, or maybe more

Just give a search on olx
I actually came to this thread straight from OLX. You are correct. I do see a few listings even in Chennai where people usually don’t sell their new bikes so fast. Can I ask what is the current on road prices for bs6 models after discounts if any ? Most OLX quotes are in the 2.6-2.8 range. Not sure if that’s good value at that price.
Old 21st March 2020, 10:56   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Can I ask what is the current on road prices for bs6 models after discounts if any ? Most OLX quotes are in the 2.6-2.8 range. Not sure if that’s good value at that price.
There are no discounts on interceptor and continental Gt as the bike is selling in good numbers, the price of a new interceptor is from 3.05 to 3.3 as there are 3 models of the bike. You can check out more on bikewale website.

One more thing is that most of the people have installed some accessories as well, so that's an added bonus with the used bike. You'll be saving atleast 50k by going the used route
Old 21st March 2020, 15:06   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Rider footrests

I would like to move the footrests forward but the IndiMotard kit has had mixed reception. I might have tried it anyway but didn't want to reverse the gear change direction.

The big problem with the footrests position is not the riding position (knees jammed under the tank corners gives good connection with the bike) but footrests getting in the way when feet are on the ground and bike moving. That's not just uncomfortable, it's dangerous. When feet are splayed to go outside the footrests in slow moving traffic, they have less force to balance the bike so greater risk of falling.

A solution is to replace each footrest spring with a friction device. Then the footrest can be pushed into the up or down position as required. The prototype solution has proven very usable. The foot quickly learned ("body memory") to flick the footrest up at slow speed and down as speed increases.

The prototype solution was fiddly to implement on one side and impossible on the other so a better solution giving the same effect is needed. The prototype solution was:
  • Remove the footrest
  • Remove the footrest spring
  • Refit the footrest with an O-ring between footrest and bracket
I'm thinking of making more space for the O-ring by machining (countersinking) the footrest's pivot hole. Expected to be easier/possible to fit the O-ring and to allow a bigger O-ring to be used for more robustness.

Alternative suggestions are welcome.
"making more space for the O-ring by machining (countersinking) the footrest's pivot hole" was a dumb idea; it increased the friction between the footrest and its pivot pin with the result that the footrest moved easily because the pivot pin rotated in the bracket.

The need is to increase friction between footrest and the left bracket. So I'm going to remove some of the bracket to make space for an O-ring.

BTW the right footrest mod is working well so the concept is proven.
Old 22nd March 2020, 11:29   #1792
BHPian

Any leads on a good tank grips?
Are the ones from 350 classic or so a direct fit?
I am looking for a decent pair of tank grips at the moment. I feel it will greatly help my riding comfort.
Old 22nd March 2020, 11:33   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I am looking for a decent pair of tank grips at the moment. I feel it will greatly help my riding comfort.
Classic ones look small on interceptor tank, you have to purchase from motone custom uk, they look the best on interceptor.

https://www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle-...ion-jack-p1607
Old 22nd March 2020, 19:10   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Classic ones look small on interceptor tank, you have to purchase from motone custom uk, they look the best on interceptor.

https://www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle-...ion-jack-p1607
I have ordered the plain ones from this site, but the item is held at customs since about 15 days.

I would advise people to wait for this current situation to improve before buying anything from overseas.

Last edited by The Great : 22nd March 2020 at 19:11.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 07:38   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
I have ordered the plain ones from this site, but the item is held at customs since about 15 days.

I would advise people to wait for this current situation to improve before buying anything from overseas.
Thanks. This was exactly my concern.
Old 23rd March 2020, 17:09   #1796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
A Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 owner has used the tank pads from the TVS Radeon on his bike.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-maxresdefault.jpg

They arent too large or ungainly and should be functional as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 09:09   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 owner has used the tank pads from the TVS Radeon on his bike.

They arent too large or ungainly and should be functional as well.

Sometimes, the simplest solutions come from the most unlikely places! This is interesting. I will definitely give this a look.
I want tank-grips, sure. But close to 4k on tank grips seems a bit too much for me. (The motone set costs 40GBP)

These TVS tank grips should be much, much cheaper! Thank you!
Old 25th March 2020, 16:56   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

They aren't too large or ungainly and should be functional as well.
Now those look really neat and can fit on the CGT650 really nicely. Thanks for the tip. Will be sure to try these once we are past lockdown and have overcome this virus proper.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 11:36   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Has anyone here given “formula x” a shot?

Similar to slime but in gel form. Adheres to the tube instead of forming a puddle and having that “splosh” effect.
Another potential solution for converting spoked rims to tubeless. I am not sure of how effective and safe they are but can see that there are now options for people who dread pushing 200+kgs when the inevitable happens.

JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 14:27   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Another potential solution for converting spoked rims to tubeless. I am not sure of how effective and safe they are but can see that there are now options for people who dread pushing 200+kgs when the inevitable happens.
I have the same kit on my motorcycle. Though the kit is competitively priced and has been performing flawlessly over the last 4 months and 2000 km, I had a terrible experience with the guy who installed it.

This is a standalone kit, and the installation is up to the buyer. In my case, I was suggested a particular garage for installation from the seller himself, so went there without any second thoughts.

I was over charged - about 2k, no proper explanation provided for any of the jobs performed, no bill provided either, and the verbal numbers he told when I questioned him about the bill did not add up, worse still he consumed the 3-4 liters of fuel I gave the bike with and the bike ran out of fuel just 5 km from the garage I hate to run my fuel injected vehicles out of fuel, as I know the devastating impact it could have on the fuel pump. So it made me an extremely disappointed customer who would never ever be back to that garage ever.

So in short, the kit+installation came to close to 8k, and for the kind of experience I had, in hindsight I wish I had waited for the alloys from RE - which would be available 'God-knows-when'
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed