Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 16:09   #2326
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Suspension tune up: In between i had ordered the pre load adjuster to give them a shot and they have arrived. With the pre load adjusters am now forced to fix one inch risers to accommodate these pre load adjusters. Am a big fan of the stock handlebar and the position was just right for me.

Next couple of weeks would be hectic, so fitting them will be only in the month of December.
Safe riding, with lovely weather it's time to hit the beaches.
So after the heavier fork oil swap this goes next in the front forks. I would suggest, first fit the risers and get the ergonomics sorted for few hundred kms if possible. Then play with the pre-load adjusters and share your views!

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:38   #2327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Great to know, you had a great trip on the Interceptor! What tyre pressure were you maintaining on the rear tyre?

I did a trip to the beach with the same tail-bag on the pillion seat! This setup looks neat for a two up trip. Just wanted to know how's the front end feel with the luggage on the rack? Did you adjust the rear pre-load?

Happy tripping!

/surjaonwheelz
What a coincidence! This setup provided a cozy corner for her as you can see in the pictures. When I do solo trips I stack up the tail bag + a small duffle bag/backpack on the rear seat. I was riding 39psi as recommended by RE. With pillion and luggage, the rear was bottoming out a lot on uneven surfaces. On the way back I got it stiffened up 1 notch, much better that way. Since my wife is new to bikes and I am new to 2 up riding I didn't corner very enthusiastically hence front end feel was anyway limited.

Two things I really wish to do something about - find an immediate solution for punctures and fix the really inferior headlight. My long rides in the past have been in groups and I ended up following a brother with aux lights. This time I was on my own and what an uncomfortable feeling that was. I might switch to a better bulb to fix the light and use formula x for punctures. Feedback welcome!
shabih is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:49   #2328
BHPian

It is raining Baker Express on this forum .

My INT 650 Baker Express was delivered last week. I took the delivery on same day when the bike was registered in RTO.I got my Registration number 3 days later via SMS, but still waiting for the dealer to provide me Number Plates.

There was an offer (15% off + RE Duff Bag) going on RE apparels , so bought Explorer V3 jacket and RE gloves as well. The jacket is worth the price as it comes with Knox Level 2 armor and has winter lining and rain cover as well.

I had ordered ZANA accessories like crash guard , top rack with aluminum plate and radiator grill which I received yesterday. Now I am looking for a good mechanic who can install those accessories on the bike. Will check with RE workshop mechanic if he can help with that.

Please let me know if you know any trusted mechanic in and around thane-Kalyan (MH04/MH05) area who can help me with the accessory installation.

Mods planned :

1. Formula X tyre sealant : Saw good reviews on YouTube for this. I am waiting for RE to launch alloy wheels for this bike as an official accessory. But till that time, this is the solution (workaround) for puncture.

2. PPF : Will go for 3M PPF to prevent tank from any kind of scratches.

3. Handle-bar risers : I am comfortable with the current seating position (rider triangle), but feel that risers will make it more comfortable in terms of handle bar reach. My height for reference is 169 cm.

4. Good Seat : Based on the online reviews the stock seat is not good for long rides. I will go for a long ride once I get the number plate and accessories installed, and will experience it for myself. If the seat is an issue will get it changed.
Sushil.H is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 20:37   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Two things I really wish to do something about - find an immediate solution for punctures
This seem to be the panacea that may of us are wishfully waiting for but no response from RE so far.

With this the Int650 will become an almost "Complete Touring Bike" package.

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 13:14   #2330
BHPian

Got the bike for a quick detailing and paint sealant at 3M, when I noticed this on the tank's end.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20201121_130122.jpg

Why RE,why?? I get it that it's hidden by the seat, but still. Why could you not close the loop on the gold line?! Now this is doing my OCD huge favours.
GrandTourer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 13:26   #2331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Got the bike for a quick detailing and paint sealant at 3M, when I noticed this on the tank's end.

Why RE,why?? I get it that it's hidden by the seat, but still. Why could you not close the loop on the gold line?! Now this is doing my OCD huge favours.
Sid Lal has been talking up some new app that helps you customize your own Bullet by giving you the barebones bike to work with.

And then you choose add-ons.

Blank canvas I believe he called it on one of the money shows.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 21st November 2020 at 13:29.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 21:19   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2083362

True that. Can't really think of a reason if not closing the loop. Hope you fix it soon

On a side note, can you share details on paint sealant and approx cost?
Old 21st November 2020, 22:42   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well,count yourself lucky. On my Baker Express, apart from being not connected, both the gold lines are not even aligned. Really hurt the OCD sensors in my mind. So, I got the whole red portion wrapped in gun metal grey, and got a black line on top of the gold line, that connects properly too

Name:  Mayo1.PNG
Views: 1355
Size:  1.11 MB
aravind.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 22:49   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
So, I got the whole red portion wrapped in gun metal grey, and got a black line on top of the gold line, that connects properly too
Your bike looks amazing... I am a sucker for monochrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
On a side note, can you share details on paint sealant and approx cost?
I got this done at 3M as mentioned earlier. It cost me 2.5k for the work... Includes wash (stood next to the bike to ensure they don't pressure wash it), rubbing and polishing and finally synthetic liquid wax. Although the execution is good, I do feel this is on the more expensive side. I get the same treatment on my car for about 6k, while the total surface requiring wax on the bike is so much less than the car.
GrandTourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 22:55   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Sid Lal has been talking up some new app that helps you customize your own Bullet by giving you the barebones bike to work with.
It (RE Blank Canvas) unfortunately is a pale shadow of what their role model has (aka Triumph or similar Classic British Bangers)

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/configure

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-triumph-configure.jpg

It reminds me of a line from some old Hindi Movie which goes some thing like "Bada hokkar kuch zaroor banega"

A case of keep trying till you get it right ?

With the 650 Twin they do have a winner I believe. But they need to consolidate the gains quickly.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 21st November 2020 at 22:58.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 00:27   #2336
BHPian

Finally got the accessories fitted by a local mechanic.

I had ordered ZANA radiator grill as well, but I found out today that my bike already has a radiator grill factory fitted . I will keep the ZANA one as backup.

I will get the Bash plate ( Sump guard ) fitted during my first service. I dropped the idea of getting it installed outside as the setup is a bit tricky and needs to be done by a trained professional.

Please suggest a good handlebar riser. I went for a longish drive today and realised that i do put a fair amount of pressure on my wrists while riding. Riser should solve this problem. Are there any drawbacks of using risers?

It’s been quite a while that the interceptor is launched but it is still a crowd magnet. When I went to showroom today to get the number plates and my owners manual, many people there were checking out the bike.

Sharing a few snaps of my Baker Express
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-a91bfb6e953746a493f448ef8683a190.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-addfa4c43d8a4ffaa43e62f802b6fb4b.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-7669d141d26b4bc0b4246daebf7f8b53.jpeg  

Sushil.H is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 13:14   #2337
BHPian

I am looking for a decent condition interceptor tank maybe accidental or someone who wished to remove the original one. I want to do some custom paint job like the Italian dealer has done, probably play around with gray and green, we have got an automobile grade paint booth at our factory.

Any idea for how much can I buy an original tank for if I buy new from RE?
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:32   #2338

Just booked the BS6 Interceptor in Ravishing Red colour.
The dealer says that the waiting period is 60 days. Just hoping that i can drive it in this year.

Also want to understand why is the waiting period so high for this bike. Is the demand too high or production capacity of RE is too low for this bike.
himsgpta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:39   #2339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himsgpta View Post
The dealer says that the waiting period is 60 days. Just hoping that i can drive it in this year.

Also want to understand why is the waiting period so high for this bike. Is the demand too high or production capacity of RE is too low for this bike.
Did you book via your dealer?
How much booking amount did you pay?

I booked it via MIY online configurator tool by paying 10k and got the bike delivered in flat 15 days. The waiting period mentioned on the booking confirmation was 14 days, so bike was delivered to me as promised.
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:46   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himsgpta View Post

Congrats and best of luck for the eager days. Hope you will get it within 14-30 days. Thing is, production for interceptor is not prioritised over other high selling models. Basic business sense in times of demand capacity skew. Best of luck for this exciting time, will turn out to be one of your most memorable times of life.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed