Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th December 2018, 09:27   #16

Default Re: My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310

Great Review! I have a soft corner for this bike as I owned Apache 160 FI few years back. Even that was very tractable. The bike looks splendid especially in real. 100 marks on picking up the red instead of black - changes the whole perception of the bike!

I just have one grouse with the photos, I donít see any riding gear on you in any of the photos. Hope you have the complete gear and all the photos were taken in the city. Ride safe! Wish you a lot of miles on this revv-happy Pony!
turbowhistle is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 10:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
I just have one grouse with the photos, I don’t see any riding gear on you in any of the photos. Hope you have the complete gear and all the photos were taken in the city. !
Talking about riding gear argument, why should one not have to wear it inside the city? May be not to look awkward or because one is too lazy to wear it and remove it within short stints of riding?
You get hurt even if you fall at 30 kmph inside city traffic.
IMO it's going too far in pushing someone to wear riding gear. All I care is a decent helmet, and sane riding behaviour. But that's just me. If I am insisting someone to wear gear, I would also ask him to have it during city runs too

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th December 2018 at 10:25.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 13:46   #18
BHPian

Really crisp and detailed review of the bike. Congrats on the purchase. Bike looks neat in RED! It does match up with size of bikes higher than its segment - no doubt!

Btw, how are the lights holding up? Bi-LED setup looks cool. How is it fairing on the highway and during rainy season?

One good thing is you removed the ugly looking tyre hugger. It was definitely an eye-sore.

On the other hand, TVS could’ve come up with a lot better design elements to the alloys as the one on the bike is a bit too thick for my liking

Rest everything looks absolutely fantastic on the bike.

Safe riding and keep munching on miles on this beauty.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 18:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Great Review! I have a soft corner for this bike as I owned Apache 160 FI few years back. Even that was very tractable. The bike looks splendid especially in real. 100 marks on picking up the red instead of black - changes the whole perception of the bike!
Thank you! I was initially confused between the colours as matte finish factory paints are quite few currently, although they are becoming common with the each passing day. The confusion was cleared when I saw both the colours in person once the display bikes arrived at the showroom. The fact that the matte finish looked too dull, would hamper the bike's visibility at night and that I wouldn't be able to clean/polish/get it detailed as easy as a glossy paintjob made it a bit more difficult to consider this shade. Add to it that her curves were more visible and that it looked like a mini Ducati in red sealed the choice of colour for me.

Quote:
I just have one grouse with the photos, I donít see any riding gear on you in any of the photos. Hope you have the complete gear and all the photos were taken in the city. Ride safe! Wish you a lot of miles on this revv-happy Pony!
For city commutes, I always wear a helmet whenever I'm on the bike. For sunday breakfast rides et all, I am always fully geared from head to toe. In fact, I've begun using them even when I take the bike to the SVC, which is about 30-35 km's away from my residence. Most of the photos have been taken in the city itself and I don't prefer riding gear locally as it becomes too hot. You can see one such image below where my t-shirt is dripping of sweat without the jacket itself (two different shades of grey on the t-shirt near my arms). I dread to imagine what would be the case if I begin to wear all the gears inside the city limits. That said, I will share a photo of myself fully geared when I go for a long ride next time.

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-65.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Really crisp and detailed review of the bike. Congrats on the purchase. Bike looks neat in RED! It does match up with size of bikes higher than its segment - no doubt!

Btw, how are the lights holding up? Bi-LED setup looks cool. How is it fairing on the highway and during rainy season?
Thank you so much! I took some time to get used to the LED headlights and at first, was under the impression that they are almost useless. It was only with time that I realized how good their throw is. One might not notice it if you're inside a city (where it has a fairly wide throw) which is bustling with activity, but take it on a road that is pitch dark and it is at such times when you realize how powerful these Bi-LED's are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
On the other hand, TVS couldíve come up with a lot better design elements to the alloys as the one on the bike is a bit too thick for my liking

Rest everything looks absolutely fantastic on the bike.

Safe riding and keep munching on miles on this beauty.
True, if they were designing the bike from scratch, I'm quite confident that they would've had a better design for the alloys. Sadly though, this is one of the parts that have been shared under the TVS-BMW alliance and hence we get the same alloy wheels that are used in the G310R as well as the G310 GS.
Torque_Curve is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 03:28   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the acquisition of the beast. Its a head turner for sure. I happened to be in a cab when this bike pulled over to my left and I could not take my eyes off!. Rightly as one esteemed member pointed out, the pics dont do justice to the sheer size of this beast.

Also, you mentioned a few points about the instrument cluster. I did not see any pic of the fully lit console. If I have missed it, my apologies. Can you please share a couple of pictures of the cluster both by day and night?

Happy Riding and wishing you a lot more miles to crunch.
Darth_Vader is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2018, 19:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition of the beast. Its a head turner for sure. I happened to be in a cab when this bike pulled over to my left and I could not take my eyes off!. Rightly as one esteemed member pointed out, the pics dont do justice to the sheer size of this beast.
Thank you. I can understand that feeling. I myself happen to stare at other RR310's if I happen to see them at a signal or in traffic even though I own one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Also, you mentioned a few points about the instrument cluster. I did not see any pic of the fully lit console. If I have missed it, my apologies. Can you please share a couple of pictures of the cluster both by day and night?

Happy Riding and wishing you a lot more miles to crunch.
Apologies, actually I was the one who missed out on sharing images of the display. I kept forgetting to take the photos hence the delay in replying. I finally managed to take them today. Here they are:

Brightness of the instrument cluster during the day:
My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-tvs-apache-rr310-instrument-cluster-day.jpg

Brightness of the instrument cluster in the dark:
My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-tvs-apache-rr310-instrument-cluster-night.jpg
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 08:53   #22
BHPian

I was having the vibration issue whenever it comes to 90-100 kmph on my Apache RTR 160. But could not find a solution to it during my ownership of 9 years.
Anyways I have sold it off about 2 months back.
Can you throw some light on ways to get to rid of it. Might be useful in case I own a new one to my family.
coolmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 15:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
I was having the vibration issue whenever it comes to 90-100 kmph on my Apache RTR 160. But could not find a solution to it during my ownership of 9 years.
Anyways I have sold it off about 2 months back.
Can you throw some light on ways to get to rid of it. Might be useful in case I own a new one to my family.
If you mean getting rid of vibrations, there isn't much that can be done. If you're considering the RR310, do ask the guys at the showroom/ASC to get the new bar-end weights installed. These new units will significantly reduce vibrations on the handle-bar as i've personally experienced on my bike.
Torque_Curve is online now   Reply With Quote