Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:52   #31

Re: My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310

Hello! My brand new RR310 which I got in December 2019 is facing the engine stalling issue while decelerating and the clutch lever pulled in. It happens almost daily nowadays.

Any update about your issue? Was it solved?
Old 23rd May 2020, 19:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyfire View Post
Hello! My brand new RR310 which I got in December 2019 is facing the engine stalling issue while decelerating and the clutch lever pulled in. It happens almost daily nowadays.

I was going through some posts online, and people are saying that there was a new update that was available for the ECU, which seemed to fixed the issue to some extent. But I assume since yours is a Dec 2019 make, it would have come with the updated ECU firmware.

Did you manage to get the problem resolved?
Old 23rd May 2020, 21:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:

Hey buddy, sorry I must've missed your post.
The problem is more or less solved for my bike.
Stalling, if it ever happens, is a once in a blue moon occurence.
Old 23rd May 2020, 22:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Was it the ECU update that fixed the issue? Or did you have to adjust your riding style to account for the stalls? Or did it just kind of sort itself out?
Old 23rd May 2020, 23:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Was it the ECU update that fixed the issue? Or did you have to adjust your riding style to account for the stalls? Or did it just kind of sort itself out?
The first ECU update (I don't remember the timeline) sorted the issue temporarily. The problem then used to surface once in a few weeks. But the following update has ironed it out by 99%.
No change in riding style, that's tough to do when you like listening to that exhaust note.
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 23:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The first ECU update (I don't remember the timeline) sorted the issue temporarily. The problem then used to surface once in a few weeks. But the following update has ironed it out by 99%.
No change in riding style, that's tough to do when you like listening to that exhaust note.
Thanks good to hear. How is the bike treating you. It's been a year since your last update. Any major issues since then? How many kilometres have you put on the odo since then.

And, have the service costs been in line with your initial expectations?
Old 24th May 2020, 00:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks good to hear. How is the bike treating you. It's been a year since your last update. Any major issues since then? How many kilometres have you put on the odo since then.

And, have the service costs been in line with your initial expectations?
Damn, I've missed putting the last service update too.
Thanks for sharing. With the lockdown in force, this is the best way to make use of free time. A comprehensive update coming up soon!
To answer your questions in brief, no major issues that I can recollect at the moment. I've missed my annual service in March due to the lockdown and the bike is currently fired up only once a week, with a few small runs in the gated colony I stay in.
I've crossed only 12k yet, had plans for a road trip in the beginning of May to put some miles on the bike and test it's touring capabilities, but Corona played spoiltport.
Yes, the service costs have been fairly good. I'll get a better idea of the same after this year's annual service, which I don't think will happen anytime before September/October now.
Old 24th May 2020, 18:35   #38

Quote:
I was going through some posts online, and people are saying that there was a new update that was available for the ECU, which seemed to fixed the issue to some extent. But I assume since yours is a Dec 2019 make, it would have come with the updated ECU firmware.

Did you manage to get the problem resolved?
Hey there! The problem is not yet solved. Before the lockdown was implemented in March, a new ECU update was supposed to be rolled out focusing exclusively on the engine stalling issue. But we are yet to receive it since everything is closed due to lockdown.

I'm from Mumbai, so I don't know when the service centers will open again.
I will post an update in the forum once we actually receive it and whether it solves the problem or not.

Quote:
That's great news! Hopefully mine will be solved soon as well.
ameyfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 22:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
That's great news! Hopefully mine will be solved soon as well.
Yea, here's to hoping that.

I know you've only ridden it for a couple of months, but how did you like it?

Did you use it for daily commutes?

Apart from the engine cut off issue, was everything else kosher?
Balthazar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 17:04   #40
BHPian

So here's the update that has been pending for more than a year. To everyone reading and following this thread, apologies for the delay.
Since May last year, a lot of things have changed. I usually don't ride any kind of two-wheelers in the rains (unless absolutely necessary) so my RR310 had its runs only when the roads had dried up for a few odd days in those three months.
Come October, it was time for the third service (and first paid service at that). Work on the bike was not much and I don't recollect having many complaints to be worked on excluding some noise from the front disc (brake pads needed some cleaning I guess) and a screw that wasn't fixed properly near the oil filter.
Save for the above, the service included only chain clean and lubrication (I carry my own set for each service), a general check-up to see if everything was fine and a software update (if any).
I was in and out in about an hour or so and the final bill came to 950 (attached below). I'm not entirely sure if this is a fair amount or expensive considering not much work was to be done and 900 bucks were charged for labour. Opinions on this are most welcome.

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.59.23-pm.jpeg

I happened to take a family (yes, vehicle family) photo on the occasion of Dussehra. Clockwise, my bone-stock 2002 Type-II Honda City DX (now sold), 2017 Hyundai Creta E+, 2018 TVS Apache RR310 and a friend's 2012 Honda Dio (kind of restoration project at the time). Below that image is a picture of the scooter after bringing it back to stock condition, making it mechanically sound and presentable in looks.

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.31.04-pm-1.jpeg

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.31.04-pm-7.jpeg

Coming back to the RR310, I had plans to install a few aftermarket accessories and had been in touch with a few brands for the same but the quality and designs of most didn't match what I was looking for. Finally I got in touch with Sagar from Mototrendz, Thane. He also runs the Rider's Laundry, a service that offers washing for riding gear, and that's how I got in touch with him. I liked the quality of the frame sliders he had designed for a few bikes and placed an order for a set for my bike. A week later, they were ready and I went to get them installed. The right side unit was fixed rather quickly but the left side of the fairing could not be accessed as one of the screws was tightened more than recommended and there was a risk of it breaking. Sagar asked me not to take that risk and get this one opened and installed at the SVC which I got done a few days later. I paid Rs 3,200 for the frame sliders, got a decent discount as mine was the first one designed by his brand for the Apache RR310. The nameplate on the frame sliders though did not have a good finish. Sagar didn't seem to be helpful to rectify it or get it changed so I got it wrapped (with a sticker) of the prancing horse of the TVS logo in red. This solved the issue, gave it a better look while also giving a customised look, all for Rs 20. Here are a few pics of the bike after the frame sliders were installed:

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.56.55-pm-4.jpeg
The frame sliders after I got them home

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.31.04-pm-5.jpeg
The un-even and unfinished look on the nameplate

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.31.04-pm-6.jpeg
The nameplate after installing the stickers

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.54.09-pm-2.jpeg

Attachment 2010660

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.54.09-pm-1.jpeg
A random shot of the bike after the frame sliders were installed

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.31.04-pm-4.jpeg
Top view of the sliders, how they look when you're on the rider's seat

Since I landed a new job late last year, I began using the Apache as my daily driver, apart from the occasional weekend rides. A daily run of 50 kms (to and fro Thane-Vashi) has seen the odometer pick some pace, currently standing at 12,xxx kms.
Exactly 2 years after she came into my life and on the eve of the lockdown, I got her another accessory for her birthday in the form of traction pads/tank grips (or whatever else you may call them). I purchased these from Sagar again as I liked the quality and costing (Rs 500 for the set). In comparison, Autologue design sells the exact same stuff for more than double the price. The installation barely took a few minutes though I'm yet to get a grip (pun intended) on them as I haven't ridden the bike much after the lockdown was imposed.

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.36.35-pm-1.jpeg

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.36.36-pm.jpeg
Close-up pictures of the tank-pads

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.36.36-pm-2.jpeg

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.36.36-pm-4.jpeg
Overall looks of the bike after installing the tank-grips

The fourth service (a major one at that, including replacement of spark plugs, brake oil etc.) was scheduled for the fourth week of March but had to be postponed, again, due to the lockdown. Now we're almost at the end of May and there's no sight or chance of the bike getting serviced anytime soon. Although the SVC is open, local cops are not allowing movement till Panvel and even if they do, the engineer who services the 310 is unavailable as his residence has come under a containment zone. So for the next three months too, the bike will remain more or less idle (irrespective of whether the lockdown is lifted or not) and the service will be carried out once the rains subside (sometime in September/October). This service is an important one at that and I'm curious to know how much it will set me back by. Sadly, that update isn't coming up anytime soon.
Nonetheless, it's been an overall satisfactory experience with my Apache RR310, I don't recollect facing any major issues since the last update. The fuel economy ranges between 28-35kmpl depending on my urge to pull that throttle. It's tough choosing between better FE and listening to that exhaust note on a higher pitch. Summing up this post with a few images below.

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.06-pm-4.jpeg
Sharing the frame with another red beauty during the Mumbai-Pune Team-BHP meet in January 2020

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.07-pm-1.jpeg

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.06-pm-2.jpeg

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.06-pm-9.jpeg

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.07-pm-3.jpeg

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.07-pm-2.jpeg
Took these photos during a trip to Malshej ghat

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.07-pm-7.jpeg
One early morning en route Mumbai, somewhere between Pune and Lonavala

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.56.55-pm.jpeg
The keychain says it all!

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.54.09-pm.jpeg
During a random stroll in the city

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20191212-2.56.56-pm-3.jpeg
Cockpit view

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.06-pm-6.jpeg
One of my favourite angles

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.06-pm-10.jpeg
Seen here with the mighty 14R, the same one seen in the opening post of the thread.
P.S. She's got some Brock's Slip-ons and a whole lot of accessories since the first post.

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-whatsapp-image-20200526-1.10.07-pm-4.jpeg
The last photo I took before the lockdown came into effect

Last edited by Aditya : 27th May 2020 at 07:28. Reason: As requested
Torque_Curve is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 17:14   #41

Quote:
Yea, here's to hoping that.
I know you've only ridden it for a couple of months, but how did you like it?
Did you use it for daily commutes?
Apart from the engine cut off issue, was everything else kosher?
Yes, I used the bike daily without fail.
That has stopped since the lockdown though. Now I turn it on just once a week or so.

Apart from the stalling issue, the bike experience has been nothing short of amazing. It is a very fun bike to ride.
Doesn't heat up, the acceleration and speed are more than enough to satisfy the speed cravings, looks phenomenal in person (photos don't do much justice to it).
I could go on and on but I wouldn't want to hijack the thread with a detailed opinion.
I'm sure you can make out from my language that I'm quite happy with it!

Here is a photo I clicked today -
Attached Thumbnails
My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-my-bike2.jpg  

ameyfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 21:19   #42
BHPian

Which paddock stand is that Torque_Curve?

Quote:
Yes, I used the bike daily without fail.
How was your experience? Would you recommend this as a daily commuter?
Old 26th May 2020, 22:40   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Which paddock stand is that Torque_Curve?
Its a regular paddock stand with L mounts bought from my local biking store. I've slapped TVS Racing stickers on them so they look similar to the ones used by TVS during track sessions.
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 22:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Its a regular paddock stand with L mounts bought from my local biking store. I've slapped TVS Racing stickers on them so they look similar to the ones used by TVS during track sessions.
How much did you pay for it? And w.r.t. the sliders. Do they mount at just one point on the bike? Or is the mount attached at multiple places?
Old 27th May 2020, 00:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
How much did you pay for it? And w.r.t. the sliders. Do they mount at just one point on the bike? Or is the mount attached at multiple places?
I bought the paddock stand for about Rs 2,500 more than 2 years ago.
The sliders are mounted on the chassis at a single point. I don't know how to explain it further in detail so here's a photo for reference. The hand seen here holds the black mounting plate for the slider. The hole you see on it is where the external extension for the slider was fitted.

My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310-screenshot_202005262335212.png
Torque_Curve is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks