Team-BHP - Big discounts on BMW-Motorrad G310R & GS models
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Big discounts on BMW-Motorrad G310R & GS models (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/204763-big-discounts-bmw-motorrad-g310r-gs-models.html)

BMW Motorrad have announced big discounts on both the G 310 R and 310 GS models. It is being presented as a year end clearance sale but most likely it is also due to the beneficent effect of the almighty Enfield 650 twins, power to them.

I spoke to the Pune dealer Bavaria Motors and they confirmed that the prices of both have come down minimum Rs. 40,000 or so consisting of 16,000/- insurance and 25,000 cash discounts. So the G 310GS which was priced at Rs. 4,46,000/- is now available at 4,06,000/-.

The BMW G 310 R which was Rs. 3, 86,000/- is now available at Rs. 3,45,000/-. When I expressed disappointment that it was not lower, he said a further discount of around Rs. 20,000/- could be available for some reason which I could not catch so the effective price becomes Rs. 3,26,000/- on road at Pune. This includes registration cost and 5 years insurance.

This is good news.

So they have started feeling the heat from the RE Twins & Jawa launch. Apparently, there's only so much you can flog a badge, even if it is that of BMW :). According to Rushlane , they have dropped handling charges too ! Maybe this has something to do with the not so positive publicity they got from a thread in the forum as well as that of Deelip Menezes's blog?

All said and done, the layperson looking to purchase/ upgrade to a large capacity motorcycle will find it hard to resist the mouthwatering prices of the RE Twins (and maybe even Jawa offerings, as a package). And with the rumoured launch of KTM 390 Adventure not too far away, BMW Motorrad may not exactly have their cash registers ringing on account of the G310R, G310GS variants anytime in the foreseeable future :).

Cheers !

(Articles Couresy : http://deelipmenezes.com/ , https://www.rushlane.com/ )

And the BMW instagram page is getting flooded with the cries of existing users who thought the 'BMW badge' was worth the extra- and now find themselves at a loss of 70k - 1L within a couple of weeks / months.

The simple fact is - it's not selling (and thankfully so, considering the overpricing IMO). BMW, just like any other company - is trying discounts to push some vehicles off the showroom floor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhide (Post 4511962)
Maybe this has something to do with the not so positive publicity they got from a thread in the forum as well as that of Deelip Menezes's blog?

Lack of sales is a bigger motivator than any blog.

So BMW wasn't trying to position itself as a premium / niche brand by overpricing the bikes. A lot of us justified the price and expected low volumes considering limited dealer presence, inability to service many bikes etc. Maybe the current sales are far lower than whatever modest expectations BMW had.

On the whole, such price correction so early in life cycle of bike does not augur well for the brand. I wonder if these discounts will help move bikes off showroom floor since there has been some noise about BMW service charges which are enough to burn even the thickest of pockets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhide (Post 4511962)
Maybe this has something to do with the not so positive publicity they got from a thread in the forum

Wow, caught with their hand in the cookie jar ! Thanks for pointing me to this article. I will call Bavaria Motors again tomorrow and check if handling charges are a part of the quote. Or perhaps that was the additional Rs. 20,000 reductions the guy mentioned in a mumble.

In my opinion, though, even with these discounts, both bikes are still over priced. Even at 3,26,000/- it means that I can chip in 25,000 more and get myself a twin engined Ninja 300.

Quote:

Make Life a Ride with BMW Motorrad at a starting range of Rs 2.99 lacs. Exclusive offer on BMW G310 models with benefits upto Rs 60,000. Visit us to explore the entire range and test ride your favorite motorcycle. Contact BMW Lutyens Motorrad at 011-40190540. Offer valid till Dec 31, 2018. T&C apply.
I'm sure this offer will be valid for a while longer than they currently say!
:)

Someone please tell BMW to throw in some free service vouchers as well!

I don't think many people would have forgotten this episode that soon:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4485764)
The BMW premium experience, doing the rounds on WA -

G310R service bill is 9257/- at 2100kms.

Rs 4196/- just for cleaning the motorcycle and chain lube, Rs 2391/- for labour charges.

Justified?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...vice-bill.html

Ha ha . I feel happy in a weird way by this news :D

BMW thought of taking us for granted and hoped they can sell overpriced bikes just because its BMW. Learnt their lesson in a hard way. I am yet to see any of these bike on road (even in Bangalore), and already a price cut announced.

Still I feel these bikes are overpriced even after price cut.

As always the harder part of buying a luxury badge isn't the price per se, it's the maintenance costs that are atrocious for a common man.
With the G310 twins BMW has been able to cater to a common man but the service costs would still be BMWish.

Guys, any update on this year end discounts? There are rumours of G310 twins getting discontinued also, not sure if there is any truth in it. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor (Post 4745737)
Guys, any update on this year end discounts? There are rumours of G310 twins getting discontinued also, not sure if there is any truth in it. Thanks in advance.

Might be true because euro 5 comes into effect only from 2021. I don't think BMW cares about updating these models just for the Indian market.

The case is the same for many other line ups from other global manufacturers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4745767)
Might be true because euro 5 comes into effect only from 2021. I don't think BMW cares about updating these models just for the Indian market.

The case is the same for many other line ups from other global manufacturers.

I don't think. TVS has already come up with BS6 310 & they will do the same for BMWs as well.

These bikes will work only if they are priced on par with their KTM counterparts, they are not worth any more.

This is the latest message from the local BMW showroom, quite a good discount I must say. There has been a slight spike in the sales of the GS310 with these recent offers, Im finally starting to see them on the roads.

Hurry ! Get the last BS4 stocks left of the BMW G310R & G310GS with INR 96,500/- * dropped from the On Road price & Get a BMW Jacket or Helmet, Absolutely Free

Contact EVM BMW Motorrad at +91-7558889515.

Sharing the latest update relevant to this thread. Some dealerships of BMW Motorrad are offering BMW G 310 GS (Red) for 2.80 Lacs (Ex-showroom) on the last few units left with them.

After thorough research upon it, I've booked mine yesterday itself. :)