Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2007, 09:18   #1
BHPian

Modding a Caliber

Yup, it may sound funny but I have a 2001 model Bajaj Caliber and I wish to mod it. I am a guy with a big frame and I love cruisers. I would love a RE Thunderbird but I cant afford one right now. Among the other bikes, I dont feel as much at home on any bike as on my Caliber. Its heavy, its stable, the engine has got a healthy beat and I love it.

But its been 5+ years and I would like a change. I want something a little more powerful than the 7+ bhp that it puts out, so I am thinking of some re-boring. Also I love chrome and I would like to put some chrome mirrors, speedos, headlights etc. Plus I would like a little more punch in the beat and would like to put a diffuser or change the silencer even (to incude the heat shield). Also on the cards would be some stickering and paint jobs.

Could you guys please suggest some good workshops in Bangalore where I can get my bike modded. I would not be able to spend too much so could you suggest me some good mods that I could make on my bike and where I could do this. Reliable and cost effective workshops would be really great.

Thanks so much,
kuku
Old 14th January 2007, 11:32   #2
BHPian

chrome on a commuter bike will look out of place,you may like it for few day and after that,you will be thinking of reverting back.
Fitting aftermarket loud sielncer is a big no,music to cops ears and not good for you bike either.Boring for more cc is not reliable,if not done properly.

If you can't afford a thunder bird,why not look at avenger?looks like a proper cruiser,pulsar 180 engine,comfy seating and chrome at right places.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks