Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2020, 14:48   #31
BHPian

Re: My pre-owned KTM Duke 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Can you share your feedback on Rolon Gold chain
The chain had run quite a bit when I bought the bike. This new chain/sprocket improved the ride and the chain does not make much noise as the old one. I guess that holds for any new chain. The Rolon Gold chain claims to be corrosion resistant and the sprocket is supposed to have better wear resistance. So far it has been good and I am happy with it. It has only been around 2000 km since I changed it and I have been cleaning and lubing the chain every 500 km.
jusgetgoing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 15:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusgetgoing View Post
It has only been around 2000 km since I changed it and I have been cleaning and lubing the chain every 500 km.
Actually, stock chain is quite notorious for requiring adjustment every now and then ( say every 1000-1500 kms) and uneven slack is also a common issue when the chain is half past it's midlife. Thanks for sharing, do keep an eye on how this turns out in the longer run.
Old 3rd September 2020, 15:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

How much did that Rolon Gold cost you including the sprockets?
Old 3rd September 2020, 17:15   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

I bought it about a year ago for around 2.3k. Its less noisy than the stock chain but requires equal maintenance and adjustment for every 1k kms.
Attached Thumbnails
My pre-owned KTM Duke 390-20190927_175245.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2020, 17:21   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex5151 View Post
I bought it about a year ago for around 2.3k. Its less noisy than the stock chain but requires equal maintenance and adjustment for every 1k kms.
God in heaven, an x ring chain for cheaper than the oem o ring kit. I'll get these for sure. How did you get it for 2300 when the marked price is 3110?
Old 3rd September 2020, 17:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Actually, stock chain is quite notorious for requiring adjustment every now and then ( say every 1000-1500 kms) and uneven slack is also a common issue when the chain is half past it's midlife. Thanks for sharing, do keep an eye on how this turns out in the longer run.
Thank you for the heads-up. I will keep an eye out. So far I have not noticed any slackness.

Quote:
3050/-
Old 3rd September 2020, 18:24   #37

Quote:
God in heaven, an x ring chain for cheaper than the oem o ring kit. I'll get these for sure. How did you get it for 2300 when the marked price is 3110?
I think the OEM kit retails at 1.9k. I bought the Rolan brass kit at a store ( I guess they are official distributors of Rolan) in JC road. I'm sorry I don't remember the store name. Take a left at the JC road junction right after the multi-level parking and keep your eye out for a store on the right with Rolan hoarding.
Old 7th June 2022, 16:04   #38
BHPian

The last 2 years did not see much riding. The bike was started weekly and I did the occasional Sunday ride to get the battery charged. The one way clutch assembly gave up last year and I was able to ride it to the FNG and get it fixed. The annual services were also done. During the service this year, the silencer pipe welding that had given away resulting in a higher than usual exhaust note was also fixed.
Old 14th June 2022, 16:04   #39
BHPian

A week back, while returning from a ride, the radiator fan while coming on, gave an unusually high whirring noise. I managed to ride it home and called my FNG who asked me to bring the bike over.
Dropped it at his shop one evening and the radiator fan bearing had gone bust. The fan was changed (Rs 2250/-) and along with it, I also got the Apache side mirrors fixed (Rs 580/-). They are little more wider and bigger than the original mirrors.
Old 13th March 2023, 21:40   #40
BHPian

Full service done. Oil changed (the FNG went with Pakelo Synthetic Oil), all the filters changed and the usual preventive checks and fixes. 2 of the head rubbers had a leakage and they were replaced. When the FNG took it for a test ride, he realized that the rear suspension is all over the place. The rear shock absorber was the culprit and it was changed to the current generation one. The rear end is a tad higher but better than the previous setup.
My pre-owned KTM Duke 390-shockabs.jpeg

The battery is almost 5 years old and the clock once set gets reset sometimes when the bike is switched off and parked overnight. The cranking also takes time. I wonder if it is time to change the battery.
Old 25th October 2023, 21:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusgetgoing View Post
Oil changed (the FNG went with Pakelo Synthetic Oil).
How does Pakelo oil compare with the likes of Motul, Liquimoly, Amsoil ETC?
Old 27th October 2023, 09:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
How does Pakelo oil compare with the likes of Motul, Liquimoly, Amsoil ETC?
Slightly more smooth but I don't think it is worth the premium over Motul. I will go back to Motul in my next oil change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks