3 to 5 hour breakfast ride - Ahura / Manas / Sunny da Dhaba 8 61.54%
All day ride. 1 7.69%
Overnighter or 2 nighter to Goa, or similar destinations. 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2019, 23:30   #1
BANNED

Team-BHP Rider's meet - Mumbai area

In just a few weeks, it's going to get hellishly hot. We have at best till the end of February I think before most of us stop riding. So, just throwing this out there for the weekends starting from 26th / 27th Jan till the end of Feb 2019. FYI, I am not including the weekend of the 19th / 20th Jan because I know that many people are running the big race on Sunday:

How many people do we have here who are interested in a Team BHP rider's meet for the Mumbai area? If interested, what sort of meet would you like?

A regular breakfast / lunch ride to the usual haunts - Ahura, Manas, Sunny da Dhaba. Most of us do this with our small groups. This time, the group could be comprised solely of BHPians.

An all day (550 km to 600 km) ride on a big loop starting and ending in Mumbai - Routes could be NH 48 upto a little past Vapi, then circling back via Purna Wildlife Sanctuary, Nashik and Igatpuri. Alternatively, we could exit via Igatpuri and take the Nashik - Pune road and come back to town via Talegon and Lonavla.

An overnighter or a 2 nighter to Goa or a similar destination. 500 km to 600 km one way. This option would require hotel reservations for a night or two. But, it could be a worthwhile endeavor as a group ride.
mohansrides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 08:36   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP Rider's meet - Mumbai area

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorcycle Section. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by GTO : 10th January 2019 at 08:49.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 10:14   #3
BANNED

I voted for the overnighter solely because I have done the other two types of rides a lot. Also, going away some place to stay a day or two will provide enough social opportunities for everyone to mix, mingle and get to know everyone else in the group; and of course to talk bikes and cars.

Cheers
Old 10th January 2019, 11:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Voted for 3 - 5 hour. Basically anything that gets me home by lunch to spend the second half with family.

Vallone is another option - about 33 kms ahead of Manas Igatpuri.

<https://goo.gl/maps/tA2Xs7LJJip>

EDIT: Strange - even after voting I cannot see the break up of who's voted for which option on the poll. Is this a specific feature to this poll?

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th January 2019 at 12:05.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 13:03   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
EDIT: Strange - even after voting I cannot see the break up of who's voted for which option on the poll. Is this a specific feature to this poll?
This could be my bad when I started the thread. I always focus on the content of my post and forget to check the semantics of the site.

P. S.

In fact, I have been pulled up several times by the mods for being a screw up with respect to using the tools of the site appropriately. I am certainly getting better at it with every new post. But that aside, I have very little doubt that I screwed up the poll set up this time.
Old 12th January 2019, 13:28   #6
BANNED

The gents who voted in this poll, I request you to kindly get in touch with me via PM. I'll put together a group and we will try to make a ride happen soon. I would have reached out to you myself. But, as Axe77 pointed out, I am unable to see the people who voted.

Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 17:54   #7
BHPian

I voted for a 3-5 hour ride simply because I'm still waiting for the INT 650 i have booked. Would like to do a longish ride on the Ravishing Red 650. Until then my current ride, NS wont be able to accommodate my backside for more than 3 hours
thumpmeister is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed