Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2019, 14:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR Max 300 scooter spotted in India

There is a Niche, Mature Market for Products like these and I for one would definitely throw in a deposit to get my hands on this. No matter how low compression a Bike Engine is, no matter how smooth the acceleration is, Bangalore traffic is becoming unbearable to ride a bike. A scooter with good amount of torque and storage space is a boon for our congested roads. I can see a lot of my friends with Big capacity bikes looking at a product like this for their daily grind.
Neo18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 11:43   #17
BANNED

If it's getting launched under 300K, I dont see any reason for not grabbing one for myself.
Old 17th February 2019, 22:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Interesting indeed!

There's almost no market for such a scooter in the Indian market - but we've been waiting for one since a long time.
Agree fully with the second part of the above. But would disagree abot there being no market for such a scooter.

I have a feeling you would be surprised. There's pretty big population of people with sparable income waiting for such a vehicle (may be as a big boys toy perhaps)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
If it's getting launched under 300K, I dont see any reason for not grabbing one for myself.
Ajay you'll have to be behind me in the que.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 16th March 2019, 21:39   #19
BHPian

So, I'm guessing this might be outcome. A maxi-scooter is coming alright but it seems to the get the 150 cc engine from the SR150 but with a slightly higher tune instead of a 300 cc engine.

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Aprilia 160cc maxi-scooter by Piaggio India coming soon.

- 160cc Aprilia scooter is almost ready
- USP will be practicality
- Likely to be launched early next year in 2020.

Piaggio has developed an all new 160cc maxi-scooter for the Indian market. This scooter, which will be launched under the Aprilia brand, is in its final stages of development and will be launched early next year.

This upcoming Aprilia scooter has been fully developed in Italy, with input from the Indian engineers. The overall styling, feature selections and the chassis work has been done by the Italian engineers.

As far as the styling is concerned, expect the upcoming maxi-scooter to feature an imposing front apron and a proportional windshield to protect the rider from wind blasts.

The scooter will definitely get a long wheelbase dual headlamp and tail lamp setup (most probably LED units) and a fully digital instrument cluster. You can also expect some additional features like a USB charging port as well.

The scooter will also get a front disc brake as standard and a single channel ABS as well for the safety of the rider.

In terms of performance, Piaggio will use the same 155cc single-cylinder motor from the SR 150, along with the gearbox. But, it will be tuned a bit differently and will be BS-VI ready. However, the decision to brand it as a 160cc scooter is to give it a separate identity. The company didn’t want to call it a 155cc scooter as that tag is already taken by the SR 150 and the Vespas.
Source
Another Source
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR Max 300 scooter spotted in India-piaggioapriliasmax.jpg  

Aprilia SR Max 300 scooter spotted in India-aprilianew160scooterlaunchsoon.jpg  

tjacob is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks